I Am Not A Republican.....................


DaSleeper
#1
Glenn Beck: 'I'm out of the Republican Party — I am not a Republican'

. View photo

Radio and television personality Glenn Beck speaks to a gathering at FreePAC Kentucky, Saturday, April 5, 2014, at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Ky. (Timothy D. Easley/AP)



Glenn Beck says he is no longer a member of the Republican Party.
“I’ve made my decision — I’m out," Beck said on his radio show Wednesday, according to Mediaite.com (external - login to view). "I’m out of the Republican Party. I am not a Republican; I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out.”
The former Fox News host and founder of the Blaze supported the GOP during the last election cycle but has become disillusioned with the party in recent years over what he believes was its failure to stand up to the Obama administration — specifically, the Affordable Care Act and immigration reform.
“Four years ago I was with them," Beck said. "Four years ago I said, ‘Work from the inside, let’s change it, let’s get new guys in there.’"
But those efforts have proved futile, he said.
“They’re torpedoing the Constitution, and they’re doing it knowingly,” Beck said. “They’re taking on people like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and they are torpedoing them. Knowingly. And these guys are standing for the Constitution.”
He added: "It's too late."
The GOP isn't the only group Beck is fed up with. Last week, Beck threatened to quit the National Rifle Association if it doesn't cut ties with Grover Norquist after one of his guests, Frank Gaffney, accused Norquist of being connected with the Muslim Brotherhood.
"If this man is elected, or re-elected, and confirmed on the board of the NRA, I may drop my membership in the NRA," Beck told listeners and viewers of his show (external - login to view). "I am that concerned that he is a very bad influence and a very bad man that, if this is who the NRA decides to put on their board of directors, I don't think I can be associated with them."


http://news.yahoo.com/glenn-beck-done-with-the-republican-party-162656735.html



 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
#2
Just another person who found a way to make it without producing anything.
 
mentalfloss
+2
#3
If someone as stupid as Glenn Beck realizes that the Republicans are bat**** insane...
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+2
#4
I'm sure this is an incredible relief to the Republican Party
 
tay
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

If someone as stupid as Glenn Beck realizes that the Republicans are bat**** insane...







From the YIKES! files......




A special thing happened last weekend at the South Carolina National Security Action Summit: Rick "We Will Never Have the Smart People on Our Side (external - login to view)" Santorum met an American citizen who makes him look like a champion of reason.


During a Q&A session with the former senator and presidential candidate, a woman whose media diet evidently consists of right-wing radio, nutty email chains, and Alex Jones' Infowars (external - login to view) gave a long-winded rant that starts with well-worn old horses like questioning Obama's American citizenship and ends with a reference to a conspiracy theory about the president's alleged plot to nuke Charleston, South Carolina. (external - login to view) As the contents of her speech ascend higher and higher toward dizzying heights of paranoia, so does the shrieking tenor of her voice.


A representative excerpt:


Why is the Congress rolling over and letting this Communist dictator destroy my country? Y'all know what he is and I know what he is. I want him out of the White House; he's not a citizen; he could have been removed a long time ago...


Ted [Cruz?] told me I've got to wait for the next election. I don't think the country will be around for the next election. Obama tried to blow up a nuke in Charleston a few months ago! And the three admirals, and generals. He has totally destroyed our military. He's fired all the generals and all the admirals that said they wouldn't fire on the American people.






video - you may have to turn up the volume ...........






Watch Santorum Field an Insane Question About Obama's Plot to Nuke S.C. (external - login to view)
 
DaSleeper
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

If someone as stupid as Glenn Beck realizes that the Republicans are bat**** insane...

 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7
Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.

I think only bat **** crazy people define themselves by the party they vote for
 
tay
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.






No. I don't consider people who vote CON or Repub (in this case) to be Bat**** insane. Misinformed or attention deficit suffers most likely.


The label comes from the 'spokespeople' for those groups (elected or not) and the things they mumble out loud for all to hear that defines them.


And the Repub or Conservatives seem to dominate the 'insane' ramblings category as demonstrated by the lack of Dem or Libs making outrageous statements..............
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#10
Quote:

The GOP isn't the only group Beck is fed up with. Last week, Beck threatened to quit the National Rifle Association if it doesn't cut ties with Grover Norquist after one of his guests, Frank Gaffney, accused Norquist of being connected with the Muslim Brotherhood.

anyone know what this means? accused isn't guilty of

I don't like the guys Norquist's stance on most things when I do a quick read but he is married to a Muslim sooooooooooooo what...now he is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood according to Beck?


Quote:

The Muslim Brotherhood is a religious and political group founded on the belief that Islam is not simply a religion, but a way of life. It advocates a move away from secularism, and a return to the rules of the Quran as a basis for healthy families, communities, and states.Jul 3, 2013

Norquist is a methodist

all this religious stuff is burning people's minds

Beck sounds questionable
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

anyone know what this means? accused isn't guilty of

I don't like the guys Norquist's stance on most things when I do a quick read but he is married to a Muslim sooooooooooooo what...now he is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood according to Beck?


Norquist is a methodist

all this religious stuff is burning people's minds

Beck sounds questionable

For values of questionable = certifiable.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#12
 
tay
#13
And Beck wasn't just done with the GOP. He then turned his guns (pardon the pun) on the NRA.


Beck thinks NRA board member, wait for it - Grover Norquist, might be an Islamist sleeper agent (link is external) (external - login to view).



Glenn Beck says he may drop his membership in the National Rifle Association amid fears that the organization has been infiltrated by radical Islamists — a conspiracy theory that centers on anti-tax activist and NRA board member Grover Norquist, who is currently seeking re-election to the board.

Peddled primarily by neoconservative campaigner and former Reagan administration official Frank Gaffney, the charge is this (link is external) (external - login to view): Norquist is a man ”actively involved, both enabling and empowering, Muslim Brotherhood influence operations against our movement and our country.”



As Media Matters’ Tim Johnson notes, (link is external) much of Gaffney’s “evidence” concerns the fact that Norquist has Muslim family members. But while the board of the American Conservative Union unanimously determined (link is external) (external - login to view) that Gaffney’s claims lacked any foundation, Beck said on Wednesday night that he’s “heard enough” to convince himself that Norquist is “a very bad man.

Whatever you do, don't tell Glenn those chin whiskers make him look awful Bolshieviky.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

For values of questionable = certifiable.

okay, he is sounding certifiable...maybe needs some meds to help calm him down
 
Tecumsehsbones
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

okay, he is sounding certifiable...maybe needs some meds to help calm him down

Give him a break. He's dying. Again.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Give him a break. He's dying. Again.

what?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+3
#17  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

what?

Didn't you know? Whenever Beck's numbers go down, he reveals that he's dying. Usually of some obscure brain disease that medical science has never heard of.

Which is kinda funny. Beck's about as vulnerable to brain disease as he is to ovarian cancer, and for the same reason.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Didn't you know? Whenever Beck's numbers go down, he reveals that he's dying. Usually of some obscure brain disease that medical science has never heard of.

Which is kinda funny. Beck's about as vulnerable to brain disease as he is to ovarian cancer, and for the same reason.

He must have learned that trick from Oral Roberts.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Didn't you know? Whenever Beck's numbers go down, he reveals that he's dying. Usually of some obscure brain disease that medical science has never heard of.

Which is kinda funny. Beck's about as vulnerable to brain disease as he is to ovarian cancer, and for the same reason.

no I seriously didn't know, what an interesting ploy...gotta be careful with that stuff though it's like opening the door and calling for a brain tumor

spontaneous remission

it's a miracle

my god, people are interesting
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#20
It's OK, Gawd always saves him.

Which, ya gotta admit, is one heck of a health-care plan.
 
coldstream
#21
Beck NEVER was a Republican.. he has always been a Libertarian.. and resents the Republicans kowtowing to the religious right (he supports homosexual marriage and abortion) to lock up a voter franchise.

In fact the only Republican agenda he'd be willing to support is one that closes down the Federal Government, especiallly the IRS and the concept of progressive taxation and equitable sharing of wealth.. to allow unfettered Free Markets find their natural 'equilibrium.. and starving out 'useless eaters'.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

Beck NEVER was a Republican.. he has always been a Libertarian.. and resents the Republicans kowtowing to the religious right (he supports homosexual marriage and abortion) to lock up a voter franchise.

In fact the only Republican agenda he'd be willing to support is one that closes down the Federal Government, especiallly the IRS and the concept of progressive taxation and equitable sharing of wealth.. to allow unfettered Free Markets find their natural 'equilibrium.. and starving out 'useless eaters'.

Hmm. . . sounds like he failed the Canadian Republican Purity Test.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
#23
NOW here's a Republican folks...

 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

NOW here's a Republican folks...

A dedicated follower of fashion.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#25
That's. . . SOOOOO HAWT!
 
coldstream
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

NOW here's a Republican folks...

right.. reminds me of a line from Seinfeld about wearing sweat pants..

"That's it, i've given up.. and i might as well be comfortable."
Last edited by coldstream; Mar 20th, 2015 at 01:25 PM..
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

That's. . . SOOOOO HAWT!

A lot more comfortable when wearing Depends than dress slacks, I'm sure.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

A lot more comfortable when wearing Depends than dress slacks, I'm sure.

Shouldn't you call for Sancho to bring your armour?
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

No. I don't consider people who vote CON or Repub (in this case) to be Bat**** insane. Misinformed or attention deficit suffers most likely.


The label comes from the 'spokespeople' for those groups (elected or not) and the things they mumble out loud for all to hear that defines them.


And the Repub or Conservatives seem to dominate the 'insane' ramblings category as demonstrated by the lack of Dem or Libs making outrageous statements..............

If you think dems/libs are not making outrageous statements you gotta expand your reading list to Tyee news and Canadian Center for Policy alternatives. Or just listen to just in and ellimay. Many of them are really bat**** crazy.
 
gore0bsessed
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.

Mainly an American phenomenon.
 

Similar Threads

3
Become A Republican
by gopher | Nov 19th, 2006
10
One Republican's Disgust
by jimmoyer | Oct 4th, 2006
8
How to become a republican
by aeon | Mar 27th, 2006
no new posts