I Am Not A Republican.....................

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Glenn Beck: 'I'm out of the Republican Party — I am not a Republican'

. View photo

Radio and television personality Glenn Beck speaks to a gathering at FreePAC Kentucky, Saturday, April 5, 2014, at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Ky. (Timothy D. Easley/AP)

Glenn Beck says he is no longer a member of the Republican Party.
“I’ve made my decision — I’m out," Beck said on his radio show Wednesday, according to Mediaite.com. "I’m out of the Republican Party. I am not a Republican; I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out.”
The former Fox News host and founder of the Blaze supported the GOP during the last election cycle but has become disillusioned with the party in recent years over what he believes was its failure to stand up to the Obama administration — specifically, the Affordable Care Act and immigration reform.
“Four years ago I was with them," Beck said. "Four years ago I said, ‘Work from the inside, let’s change it, let’s get new guys in there.’"
But those efforts have proved futile, he said.
“They’re torpedoing the Constitution, and they’re doing it knowingly,” Beck said. “They’re taking on people like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and they are torpedoing them. Knowingly. And these guys are standing for the Constitution.”
He added: "It's too late."
The GOP isn't the only group Beck is fed up with. Last week, Beck threatened to quit the National Rifle Association if it doesn't cut ties with Grover Norquist after one of his guests, Frank Gaffney, accused Norquist of being connected with the Muslim Brotherhood.
"If this man is elected, or re-elected, and confirmed on the board of the NRA, I may drop my membership in the NRA," Beck told listeners and viewers of his show. "I am that concerned that he is a very bad influence and a very bad man that, if this is who the NRA decides to put on their board of directors, I don't think I can be associated with them."

http://news.yahoo.com/glenn-beck-done-with-the-republican-party-162656735.html

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If someone as stupid as Glenn Beck realizes that the Republicans are bat**** insane...

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If someone as stupid as Glenn Beck realizes that the Republicans are bat**** insane...

From the YIKES! files......

A special thing happened last weekend at the South Carolina National Security Action Summit: Rick "We Will Never Have the Smart People on Our Side" Santorum met an American citizen who makes him look like a champion of reason.

During a Q&A session with the former senator and presidential candidate, a woman whose media diet evidently consists of right-wing radio, nutty email chains, and Alex Jones' Infowars gave a long-winded rant that starts with well-worn old horses like questioning Obama's American citizenship and ends with a reference to a conspiracy theory about the president's alleged plot to nuke Charleston, South Carolina. As the contents of her speech ascend higher and higher toward dizzying heights of paranoia, so does the shrieking tenor of her voice.

A representative excerpt:

Why is the Congress rolling over and letting this Communist dictator destroy my country? Y'all know what he is and I know what he is. I want him out of the White House; he's not a citizen; he could have been removed a long time ago...

Ted [Cruz?] told me I've got to wait for the next election. I don't think the country will be around for the next election. Obama tried to blow up a nuke in Charleston a few months ago! And the three admirals, and generals. He has totally destroyed our military. He's fired all the generals and all the admirals that said they wouldn't fire on the American people.

video - you may have to turn up the volume ...........

Watch Santorum Field an Insane Question About Obama's Plot to Nuke S.C.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Interesting how people are defined by the group they belong to. I know a few Republicans who declare Liberals to be Bat**** insane. Our categorizing of each other sure does remove our individuality that's for sure. "Hey, meet my friend Fred. He's a Republican". Immediately the red flag goes up in the mind of the opposite group that Fred is bat**** insane. The humanity of Fred isn't important. Only Freds label defines him. It's ridiculous.

I think only bat **** crazy people define themselves by the party they vote for

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

No. I don't consider people who vote CON or Repub (in this case) to be Bat**** insane. Misinformed or attention deficit suffers most likely.

The label comes from the 'spokespeople' for those groups (elected or not) and the things they mumble out loud for all to hear that defines them.

And the Repub or Conservatives seem to dominate the 'insane' ramblings category as demonstrated by the lack of Dem or Libs making outrageous statements..............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The GOP isn't the only group Beck is fed up with. Last week, Beck threatened to quit the National Rifle Association if it doesn't cut ties with Grover Norquist after one of his guests, Frank Gaffney, accused Norquist of being connected with the Muslim Brotherhood.
anyone know what this means? accused isn't guilty of

I don't like the guys Norquist's stance on most things when I do a quick read but he is married to a Muslim sooooooooooooo what...now he is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood according to Beck?

The Muslim Brotherhood is a religious and political group founded on the belief that Islam is not simply a religion, but a way of life. It advocates a move away from secularism, and a return to the rules of the Quran as a basis for healthy families, communities, and states.Jul 3, 2013
Norquist is a methodist

all this religious stuff is burning people's minds

Beck sounds questionable

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
anyone know what this means? accused isn't guilty of

I don't like the guys Norquist's stance on most things when I do a quick read but he is married to a Muslim sooooooooooooo what...now he is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood according to Beck?

Norquist is a methodist

all this religious stuff is burning people's minds

Beck sounds questionable

For values of questionable = certifiable.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
And Beck wasn't just done with the GOP. He then turned his guns (pardon the pun) on the NRA.

Beck thinks NRA board member, wait for it - Grover Norquist, might be an Islamist sleeper agent (link is external).

Glenn Beck says he may drop his membership in the National Rifle Association amid fears that the organization has been infiltrated by radical Islamists — a conspiracy theory that centers on anti-tax activist and NRA board member Grover Norquist, who is currently seeking re-election to the board.

Peddled primarily by neoconservative campaigner and former Reagan administration official Frank Gaffney, the charge is this (link is external): Norquist is a man ”actively involved, both enabling and empowering, Muslim Brotherhood influence operations against our movement and our country.”

As Media Matters’ Tim Johnson notes, (link is external) much of Gaffney’s “evidence” concerns the fact that Norquist has Muslim family members. But while the board of the American Conservative Union unanimously determined (link is external) that Gaffney’s claims lacked any foundation, Beck said on Wednesday night that he’s “heard enough” to convince himself that Norquist is “a very bad man.

Whatever you do, don't tell Glenn those chin whiskers make him look awful Bolshieviky.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Didn't you know? Whenever Beck's numbers go down, he reveals that he's dying. Usually of some obscure brain disease that medical science has never heard of.

Which is kinda funny. Beck's about as vulnerable to brain disease as he is to ovarian cancer, and for the same reason.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Didn't you know? Whenever Beck's numbers go down, he reveals that he's dying. Usually of some obscure brain disease that medical science has never heard of.

Which is kinda funny. Beck's about as vulnerable to brain disease as he is to ovarian cancer, and for the same reason.
He must have learned that trick from Oral Roberts.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

no I seriously didn't know, what an interesting ploy...gotta be careful with that stuff though it's like opening the door and calling for a brain tumor

spontaneous remission

it's a miracle

my god, people are interesting