Garner’s daughter on Sharpton: ‘He’s all about the money’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Al Sharpton is all about the Benjamins, a daughter of police chokehold victim Eric Garner claims in a bombshell videotape.

Erica Snipes tees off on the reverend as interested primarily in money during a secretly recorded conversation by controversial conservative activist James O’Keefe’s group, Project Veritas.

One of O’Keefe’s investigators poses as a Garner supporter with a hidden camera during a protest last month at the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island.

“You think Al Sharpton is kind of like a crook in a sense?” the investigator is heard asking Garner’s oldest daughter.

“He’s about this,” Snipes replies, rubbing her fingers together.

“He’s about money with you?” the undercover asks.

“Yeah,” Snipes responds.

Snipes, 24, also complained that the Staten Island director of Sharpton’s National Action Network, Cynthia Davis, scolded her for handing out street fliers about her father’s case that did not include NAN’s logo.

“She started attacking me. ‘Oh, I see that you got this flier out, how come you didn’t add the logo?’ ’’ Snipes said.

The undercover then asks, “They want their logo on your fliers?”

“Instead of me, he wants his face in front,” Snipes says, referring to Sharpton

“But it’s not about them, it’s about your dad,” the undercover says.

“Exactly,” Snipes responds.

“Al Sharpton paid for the funeral. She’s trying to make me feel like I owe them,” she adds.

In an interview with The Post Monday night, Snipes denied that she had accused Sharpton of being a money-grubber

more

Garner’s daughter on Sharpton: ‘He’s all about the money’ | New York Post

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Isn't it strange that Al is always on scene and on screen at many of these events. He acts like the spokesman but someone is picking up the tab. He demands upfront paymnet as a speaker so you know he is getting Yenom (money spelled backwards) from some source. Al is a race baiter.