How Elizabeth Warren might be Republicans' best weapon against Hillary Clinton

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
How Elizabeth Warren might be Republicans' best weapon against Hillary Clinton

An actual Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Rodham Clinton match-up seems unlikely, but a new Web ad by the conservative super PAC American Crossroads proves that Warren, a Democratic senator from Massachusetts, might just be a potent weapon for Republicans to use against Clinton come 2016.

Called "Rigged," the ad uses Warren's voice to criticize Clinton for taking money from foreign governments for her family foundation. “Powerful interests have tried to capture Washington and rig the system in their favor. The power of well-funded special interests tilts our democracy away from the people and toward the powerful,” Warren says, as images of Clinton meeting with Middle Eastern leaders appear on screen. "The power of well-funded special interests tilts our democracy away from the people and toward the powerful." Ominous music is included, natch.

What makes the ad so effective is Warren's voice; nobody on the political scene right now is better at populist messaging than Warren, which is why progressives are so eager for her to run for president.

It's a smart way to turn Clinton's tenure as secretary of state and her charity work into a liability, which will be central to the Republican strategy against Clinton. I've written before about how Clinton's vast record is both an opportunity and a challenge, and this ad speaks to that in some ways -- she wears a few hats in the ad as government official, head of a charitable organization and enemy of progressives.

So, whom does it help and hurt the most? Well, it certainly helps Warren, as it crystallizes her role as the best person to make the case against Clinton, even if she does it just from her Senate seat. Of course, Clinton is working like heck to keep that criticism to a minimum, including a huddle at her house late last year.

Aside from Warren, framing Clinton as in the pocket of foreign interests is a win for Republicans -- if they can make it stick. It muddles her record at State, hurting her experience argument. Progressives probably won't jump ship and vote for the Republican nominee, of course, but showing Clinton as just another politician blunts her claim to being a different kind of candidate with a different kind of resume. Rather than being someone who has taken on the old-boys network, she comes across as overly political -- an image of her that is the least appealing to the 2016 electorate.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUlpbZK4rak

source: How Elizabeth Warren might be Republicans’ best weapon against Hillary Clinton - The Washington Post

www.HillaryClintonSucks.com

( LOL I own that domain ;) )

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When you moving to Canada Eagle?? :lol:

Not to fast, we may have Justin Trudeau elected..

Australia will be the last bastion of sanity, Europe lost, now North America.

I live in Massachusetts... if I can survive here in the bastion of liberalism I can survive anywhere.

Massachusetts out lefts Canada everyday of the week. Canadians are not nearly liberal enough for my state.