Mexico Offering Undocumented Americans Amnesty

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Mexico is offering undocumented foreigners including Americans amnesty if they come forward and apply for legal status.“I have heard there are people here who don’t have the proper documents.

We have illegal aliens here also,” said Arlene Van Note, a resident in San Miguel de Allende.“I’m a permanente.

I live here all the time,” said Van Note who is retired.She has her documents in order but other Americans do not.They’re not climbing over the walls either.

They’re driving in. They come in on trains and planes and buses.Many enter on tourist visas and stay after the document expires

The issue of undocumented Americans living in Mexico is an open secret in places like San Miguel de Allende, a colonial city that is popular with tourists.“Yeah, there are some people that I believe are here that are probably undocumented and working,” said Christine Johnson, a legal permanent resident in San Miguel de Allende.

Rather than face deportation Americans and other foreigners who don’t have documents are getting a chance to legalize their status under a temporary program.

The National Migration Institute webpage describes the program as “directed to all foreigners who have made Mexico their permanent residence, but because of diverse circumstances have not been able to regularize their stay in our country.”“You are in Mexico. You have been here for years.

You have been working and you’re not supposed to. You have a chance to become legal,” said Patricia Munoz, an immigration attorney in San Miguel de Allende.Munoz has many Americans clients in San Miguel de Allende who want apply for legal resident status in Mexico. Some get frustrated with the bureaucracy.“Foreigners go and complain to the immigration authorities, they kind of look at you and say ‘you know what they do to Mexicans in the U.S.,'” said Munoz.

more at: Mexico Dealing With Undocumented Americans by Offering Amnesty

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How many can I house in a 3 bedroom townhouse with a full basement? Standard rates apply. If they get their own debit card that would make my book-keeping easier and there is a school close by. I'm going to assume I shouldn't resist learning to speak Spanish.
The old folks home across from the same school could house a lot more and they already have a staff that is 'qualified'.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Mexico is offering undocumented foreigners including Americans amnesty if they come forward and apply for legal status.“I have heard there are people here who don’t have the proper documents.

We have illegal aliens here also,” said Arlene Van Note, a resident in San Miguel de Allende.“I’m a permanente.

I live here all the time,” said Van Note who is retired.She has her documents in order but other Americans do not.They’re not climbing over the walls either.

They’re driving in. They come in on trains and planes and buses.Many enter on tourist visas and stay after the document expires

The issue of undocumented Americans living in Mexico is an open secret in places like San Miguel de Allende, a colonial city that is popular with tourists.“Yeah, there are some people that I believe are here that are probably undocumented and working,” said Christine Johnson, a legal permanent resident in San Miguel de Allende.

Rather than face deportation Americans and other foreigners who don’t have documents are getting a chance to legalize their status under a temporary program.

The National Migration Institute webpage describes the program as “directed to all foreigners who have made Mexico their permanent residence, but because of diverse circumstances have not been able to regularize their stay in our country.”“You are in Mexico. You have been here for years.

You have been working and you’re not supposed to. You have a chance to become legal,” said Patricia Munoz, an immigration attorney in San Miguel de Allende.Munoz has many Americans clients in San Miguel de Allende who want apply for legal resident status in Mexico. Some get frustrated with the bureaucracy.“Foreigners go and complain to the immigration authorities, they kind of look at you and say ‘you know what they do to Mexicans in the U.S.,'” said Munoz.

more at: Mexico Dealing With Undocumented Americans by Offering Amnesty

Those are retires.. and what benefits will they get??

Mexico does not welfare, free health care.. like all the illegals in the USA can get.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes there are all kinds of people with money that have gone to Mexico
they can obtain citizenship but they still would get their pensions from
Canada or the USA living cost would be lower and they will move their
investment wealth likely as well. Might be a good idea come to think of
it

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Those are retires.. and what benefits will they get??

Mexico does not welfare, free health care.. like all the illegals in the USA can get.

Mexico does have universal health care. Its welfare program is limited compared to the USA, much of which is in rural states because the government wants to keep people away from its overcrowded cities. Many of those rural states are inhabited by Uto-Azteks and Mayans tribes with many which still do not speak Spanish. The one major advantage Americans who live there have is that the exchange of dollars for Mexicans pesos is very favorable so that one's Social Security checks go VERY far - this is why so many Yanks retire and live in border states.

One other thing to note is that Mexico also has a problem with Mayans moving in illegally from Central American countries. Some have taken advantage of the welfare paid by Mexico City to the rural areas and these illegals are not welcomed there but it is difficult to ferret them out.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Mexico does have universal health care. Its welfare program is limited compared to the USA, much of which is in rural states because the government wants to keep people away from its overcrowded cities. Many of those rural states are inhabited by Uto-Azteks and Mayans tribes with many which still do not speak Spanish. The one major advantage Americans who live there have is that the exchange of dollars for Mexicans pesos is very favorable so that one's Social Security checks go VERY far - this is why so many Yanks retire and live in border states.

One other thing to note is that Mexico also has a problem with Mayans moving in illegally from Central American countries. Some have taken advantage of the welfare paid by Mexico City to the rural areas and these illegals are not welcomed there but it is difficult to ferret them out.

Huh, I didn't know you were Mexican and have family in Mexico, or you're just talking through your azz.

Let me clarify, if you work for the government you get ISSSTE, if you work for a private company, or you can pay for it IMSS, and if you're really poor you get S.S.A. - but personally I would not consider that Universal Health Care.. If you can afford to pay, you must pay or have private health insurance.

Welfare, for the senior citizens they get 1000 pesos per month. If you're able to work you get nothing.. get a job.

My ex-wife is here next to me giving me the links to the correct departments above, she is from Mexico.

Try not to believe everything you read on Wikipedia. ;)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Live in the Mexican section of town, have several Mexican friends & neighbors, worked as a translator including filling out government forms, etc. Hardly a sign of anyone talking out of their azz though I'm now retired from doing that type of work so am not fully versed on present day conditions.

Glad to know you still rely on your ex wife, btw.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Glad to know you still rely on your ex wife, btw.

She is my best friend, we rely on each other.. ;)

Some municipalities do however help out the poor, separate from the Government.

But what you and I would consider as 'Universal Health Care' or 'Welfare' is not what is offered by the government of Mexico.

My ex is from Teloloapan, Gro., Mexico, I have personally been there several times and lived there for a spell (1 year).

But right now it is extremely dangerous. 45 minutes from Igula, Mexico

Every year or 2 we go back to see her family.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are they looking for pensioners? I need a beach and a tavern. These bright lights aren't my style.

My next alternative is a steamship that never lets me off at any port, with broadband, back to this place.

You probably think ObamaCare is UHC.
Don't knock it, without those new jobs they would be into a deep recession, real deep recession.