Sarah Palin ‘Rambles Incoherently’ – GOP Crowd Stunned, Democrats Give Thanks

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's like watching a robot malfunction.

And, that’s where it gets interesting. The teleprompter froze!

Now, Sarah was supposed to be giving a long speech. Unless you really know your stuff, a teleprompter or copious notes are invaluable. The good(?) news is that she brought along a whole binder of notes. The bad(?) news is that there didn’t seem to be any coherent organization to them. Add to that the fact that she may well have been a bit unnerved by the situation. Nervous people tend to talk faster and as one reporter wrote, she delivered “an entire speech in one incredibly long run-on sentence”

Here are a few of her more interesting mouth droppings.

“The man can only ride you when your back is bent. So strengthen it! Then the man can’t ride you. America won’t get taken for a ride, because so much is at stake.

On Obamacare:

“What will they do to stop causing our pain, and start feeling it again? Well, in other words, um – Is Hillary a New Democrat or an old one?

On “American Sniper”:

“Screw the left in Hollywood!”

On Hillary:

“Now I’m ready for Hillary Are you? Are you coming?”

“Now the press asks, the press asks, “Can anyone stop Hillary?” Again, this is to forego a conclusion, right? It’s to scare us off, to convince us that – a pantsuit can crush patriots?”

On 2016:

“Knowing what the media will do throughout 2016 to all of us, it’s going to take more than a village to beat Hillary…We the people, we realize that this is war, as I say, it is war for the solvency, the sovereignty of the United States of America. And we don’t sit on our thumbs this next time when one of our own is being crucified and falsely accused of whatever the hip activation of the day happens to be, right? Racism, sexism, whatever. Really, it’s kind of Orwellian observing how that works, that rule of Saul Alinsky’s I suppose, that the left employs. Disgusting charges from the left. You know, reverse them. It is they who point a finger who don’t realize they have triple that number of fingers pointing right back at them, revealing that they are the ones who really discriminate and divide.”

Of course, she also took some time to whine that the “Lame Stream Media” was trying to crucify her because of that fun photo she was in.

(Maybe she’s just trying to figure out what the missing letter is.)

She also said they were nailing her to the cross over letting her son stand on their dog:

“They’re howling through the press, you know, ‘cruelty to animals, Sarah Palin. Which surprised me considering what it does that Joni does to those poor defenseless really great tasting Iowa hogs.”

After the speech, Real Clear Politics’ Scott Conroy tweeted:

“I don’t say this lightly. This is the strangest speech I’ve ever seen Sarah Palin deliver.”

Bob Schooley had this to say:

“Sarah Palin is now the rodeo clown sent out to get the crowd riled and make the real cowboys look better in comparison.

This one’s my favorite. It’s from The Guardian’s Jon Swaine:

“Following Palin, Rick Perry sounds like Pericles”

Democratic National Committee Communications Director Mo Elleithee was quite succinct:

“Thank you!”

Sarah Palin 'Rambles Incoherently' - GOP Crowd Stunned, Democrats Give Thanks

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
‘Rambles Incoherently’ sure they were not talking about you MentalFloss..

Bumping your own threads, 10 times in a day.. they have a word for that..

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Just posting news.

My threads get more bumps from guys like petros and capn morgan.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's all Fiction.

Well of course my pinky size willy is fiction. That doesn't seem to stop you from fantasizing about it. I think you probably just need to get laid. Maybe you could get your old job back and go scouting for lot lizards.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is it possible to have one thread which does not degenerate into a p-i-s-s-ing match? And a -1 to anybody who say's "It's the other guy not me". Consider yourself warned.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
It's like watching a robot malfunction.

And, that’s where it gets interesting. The teleprompter froze!

Now, Sarah was supposed to be giving a long speech. Unless you really know your stuff, a teleprompter or copious notes are invaluable. The good(?) news is that she brought along a whole binder of notes. The bad(?) news is that there didn’t seem to be any coherent organization to them. Add to that the fact that she may well have been a bit unnerved by the situation. Nervous people tend to talk faster and as one reporter wrote, she delivered “an entire speech in one incredibly long run-on sentence”

Here are a few of her more interesting mouth droppings.

“The man can only ride you when your back is bent. So strengthen it! Then the man can’t ride you. America won’t get taken for a ride, because so much is at stake.

On Obamacare:

“What will they do to stop causing our pain, and start feeling it again? Well, in other words, um – Is Hillary a New Democrat or an old one?

On “American Sniper”:

“Screw the left in Hollywood!”

On Hillary:

“Now I’m ready for Hillary Are you? Are you coming?”

“Now the press asks, the press asks, “Can anyone stop Hillary?” Again, this is to forego a conclusion, right? It’s to scare us off, to convince us that – a pantsuit can crush patriots?”

On 2016:

“Knowing what the media will do throughout 2016 to all of us, it’s going to take more than a village to beat Hillary…We the people, we realize that this is war, as I say, it is war for the solvency, the sovereignty of the United States of America. And we don’t sit on our thumbs this next time when one of our own is being crucified and falsely accused of whatever the hip activation of the day happens to be, right? Racism, sexism, whatever. Really, it’s kind of Orwellian observing how that works, that rule of Saul Alinsky’s I suppose, that the left employs. Disgusting charges from the left. You know, reverse them. It is they who point a finger who don’t realize they have triple that number of fingers pointing right back at them, revealing that they are the ones who really discriminate and divide.”

Of course, she also took some time to whine that the “Lame Stream Media” was trying to crucify her because of that fun photo she was in.

(Maybe she’s just trying to figure out what the missing letter is.)

She also said they were nailing her to the cross over letting her son stand on their dog:

“They’re howling through the press, you know, ‘cruelty to animals, Sarah Palin. Which surprised me considering what it does that Joni does to those poor defenseless really great tasting Iowa hogs.”

After the speech, Real Clear Politics’ Scott Conroy tweeted:

“I don’t say this lightly. This is the strangest speech I’ve ever seen Sarah Palin deliver.”

Bob Schooley had this to say:

“Sarah Palin is now the rodeo clown sent out to get the crowd riled and make the real cowboys look better in comparison.

This one’s my favorite. It’s from The Guardian’s Jon Swaine:

“Following Palin, Rick Perry sounds like Pericles”

Democratic National Committee Communications Director Mo Elleithee was quite succinct:

“Thank you!”

Sarah Palin 'Rambles Incoherently' - GOP Crowd Stunned, Democrats Give Thanks

Sarah Palin and mentalfloss

Pot meet kettle

... and Cannuck stroking his pinky sized willy.

Fukking Chinese.

Cannuck ain't Chinese.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Cannuck ain't Chinese.

Boomer's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I did get a kick out his oh so subtle racist jab though, especially while calling somebody else a racist on another thread.

That said, very few politicians today don't use a Teleprompter. Those that don't invariably stick their foot in their mouth

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Boomer's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I did get a kick out his oh so subtle racist jab though, especially while calling somebody else a racist on another thread.

That said, very few politicians today don't use a Teleprompter. Those that don't invariably stick their foot in their mouth
You remind me of Sharpton calling others "racist".....
And you're "silly" on top of it all......

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The hate is strong with the Palin haters.

I don't 'hate' Sarah, Walter - who could hate someone so totally oblivious to her own lack of knowledge to such an extent that she becomes a laughing stock - thus providing the rest of us with some real comedic moments.