Obama urges civility, then immediately taunts...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Obama calls for civility, then immediately taunts Republicans over his two presidential wins

President Obama spent much of Tuesday’s State of the Union calling for civility in politics — then taunted Republicans over his two election victories, after many of them applauded the looming end of his political career.

Mr. Obama issued a broad call for “a better politics” that began with common principles, and said his agenda isn’t political, pointing out “I have no more campaigns to run.”

That drew rousing applause from the GOP side of the aisle, which had sat on its hands as Mr. Obama had ticked off partisan proposals he wanted to see, and threatened vetoes of bipartisan bills Republicans are trying to pass.

more

Obama calls for civility, then immediately taunts Republicans over his two presidential wins - Washington Times

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Republicans have been a basket case ever since Sara Palin showed up.
Respectable Republicans have been trying to regain control of the party ever
since. Yes Obama did win two in a row and the next campaign will likely go to
the Democrats as well. The major cities and large population areas are more
Democrat and the cycle of mid terms where they punish the government will
be history. The American people will rally around hope over fear and when
that happens the GOP is out of luck. I didn't see it as a taunt it was a fact he
did win two in a row and primarily because the legitimate Republicans were
overshadowed by a act that was just nuts. The Donald, Michelle what's her
face, and the rest of the hangers on.

Thank you red ink Wally I must be on the right path

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Republicans have been a basket case ever since Sara Palin showed up.
Respectable Republicans have been trying to regain control of the party ever
since. Yes Obama did win two in a row and the next campaign will likely go to
the Democrats as well. The major cities and large population areas are more
Democrat and the cycle of mid terms where they punish the government will
be history. The American people will rally around hope over fear and when
that happens the GOP is out of luck. I didn't see it as a taunt it was a fact he
did win two in a row and primarily because the legitimate Republicans were
overshadowed by a act that was just nuts. The Donald, Michelle what's her
face, and the rest of the hangers on.

Mitt, 'I'll never run again until I change my mind', Romney lost the election for the Republicans, DG - almost single-highhandedly. Had he not been exactly who he is, had he not had such loose lips or little regard for anyone not of his status - hand he even been a human being, he could very well be sitting in the Big House right now. McCain might have had a chance had he not gone flaky and let the party talk him into a neophyte that no one had taken the time to truly research and thus he was left with someone who could become the next VP who doesn't know where Russia is. He didn't have a hope after that. Obama got in because people looked at the choices and the majority of them decided to give the hope and change guy one last chance. Considering their choices, I would have voted for him too. IMHO. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
If anyone cared to know who I would really like to meet - it would be that guy. There is something about Vlad that I find provocative.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Obama is America's first post-Constitutional president. Ruling by edict and decree gives Obama a special place. He's established a new precedent in executive rule. He will also establish a new precedent when his term is up. He intends to live in Washington, DC and hold his successors feet to the fire.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Obama is America's first post-Constitutional president. Ruling by edict and decree gives Obama a special place. He's established a new precedent in executive rule. He will also establish a new precedent when his term is up. He intends to live in Washington, DC and hold his successors feet to the fire.

It is unlikely that anyone will listen to him any longer... Especially without having a team of writers and multiple teleprompters to speak for him

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
It is unlikely that anyone will listen to him any longer... Especially without having a team of writers and multiple teleprompters to speak for him

Anyone who refuses to listen to Obama will be portrayed as a racist. There are lots of Wall Street Democrats who will finance Obama's activities. He will want not.

What Obama's successor can do is to blame all of the problems s/he encounters on Obama.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
KEY PROPOSALS FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA'S STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS

• TAX HIKES: Raise the capital gains rate on couples with incomes above $500,000 to 28 percent and eliminate a tax break on inheritances.

• He also proposed anew fee on roughly 100 massive financial firms with assets exceeding $50 billion. The administration estimates these changes would generate $320 billion over a decade.

• TAX BREAKS: Create a $500 tax credit for families with an annual income up to $210,000. Expand the child care credit to up to $3,000 per child under age 5. Offer the Earned Income Tax Credit to childless workers and noncustodial parents.

• EDUCATION: Offer two years of free community or technical college to qualifying students. The White House estimates that would cost $60 billion over a decade.

• PAID LEAVE: Call for federal and local laws allowing workers to earn up to a week of paid sick time a year. Urge Congress to give federal workers an additional six weeks of paid parental leave. Call for more than $2 billion from Congress for paid family and medical leave programs.

• HOME OWNERSHIP: Cut insurance premiums for government-backed mortgages by half a percentage point to .85 percent.

• RETIREMENT SAVINGS: Boost retirement savings by automatically enrolling people without access to a workplace retirement plan in an Individual Retirement Account.

• TERRORISM: Urge Congress to pass a new Authorization for Use of Military Force Agreement against the Islamic State group and other extremist groups.

• CUBA: Obama wants Congress to lift the economic embargo on Cuba

• IRAN: Vow to veto new sanctions on Iran while world powers pursue nuclear talks.

• TRADE: Ask Congress for so-called 'fast track' trade promotion authority to allow an up-or-down vote on trade pacts.

• CYBERSECURITY: Call for legislation enabling information-sharing between the private sector and U.S. agencies like the Homeland Security Department.

SOURCE: AP

Well can't say it's all bad... looks sorta interesting.

Still think he has no balls as a leader, and next time he should smoke some BC weed before he does a State of The Union address.

Obama's Communist Mentor

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I particularly liked his comment about 'fake controversies'. That is spot on about American politics. And even Canadian. Most hateon media producers write lengthy anti-Harper articles which have little substance and speak only to his intentions. No one can know the intent of others.