Marriage equality takes one more step to being legalized nationwide

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Yesterday, lawyers for the U.S. Supreme Court sent four marriage cases to the justices to be considered by the justices at their private January 9 conference. That means five marriage cases from five states (Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee) will be discussed by the justices and then be voted on to decide whether the cases will get a hearing.

Four of the nine justices need to agree to hear the cases, and it's now widely expected that they will. Oral arguments will likely be set for spring and then a final decision will come at the end of the Supreme Court term in June.

It's also assumed the Court would not have let marriage equality become legalized in so many states if they didn't agree with it. Still, there are 14 states that ban same-sex couples from getting married.

Same-sex marriage cases ready, scheduled (UPDATED) : SCOTUSblog

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It's like a freight train running right over the most structurally contingent institution in any society.. that of family.. reducing it to absurdity and convenience of gratification. Driven solely by maudlin sentiment, stilted logic and sophistry the issue is now widely viewed as harmless and a matter of preference without implications to whole community.

I'm pessimistic the trajectory of Western culture into chaos and dissolution can be reversed. USSC and SCOC have never been anything but rubber stamps to the political zeitgeist of the times (Dred Scott.. and Roe v Wade.. on.. ). The mass delusion on the issue is too profound. Don't have any doubt though that the consequences.. which will be unanticipated, cataclysmic and tragic..and on a personal and civilizational scale.. will not change.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's like a freight train running right over the most structurally contingent institution in any society.. that of family.. reducing it to absurdity and convenience of gratification. Driven solely by maudlin sentiment, stilted logic and sophistry the issue is now widely viewed as harmless and a matter of preference without implications to whole community.

I'm pessimistic the trajectory of Western culture into chaos and dissolution can be reversed. USSC and SCOC have never been anything but rubber stamps to the political zeitgeist of the times (Dred Scott.. and on.. ). The mass delusion on the issue is too profound. Don't have any doubt though that the consequences.. which will be unanticipated, cataclysmic and tragic..and on a personal and civilizational scale.. will not change.

ROFLMAO. Your homophobia is showing again.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I'm pessimistic the trajectory of Western culture into chaos and dissolution can be reversed. USSC and SCOC have never been anything but rubber stamps to the political zeitgeist of the times (Dred Scott.. and on.. ). The mass delusion on the issue is too profound. Don't have any doubt though that the consequences.. which will be unanticipated, cataclysmic and tragic..and on a personal and civilizational scale.. will not change.

Your pessimism is well founded. The chaos and dissolution cannot be reversed but it can be replaced by total war. These consequences were anticipated sown and cultivated by the wreakers of cultures. I'm not worried about the end of civilization though, it's failure in the west has been virtually painless these last few decades. Civilization has already moved into new offices and better offices I think. Mass Media Mass Delusion I fogot to mention the two bent wheels that carry these western times forward into oblivion, tolerance and equality.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When does the public school system start a Marriage 101 series as one little mistake by some horny kids sets them up to have the Courts get most of their goods just by having it go this far in the first place.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Realizing that some States have since endorsed Same Sex Marriages.......

"Bestiality is completely legal in the following 18 states, districts, and territories:

Alabama; Arkansas; Washington, D.C.; Guam; Hawaii; Kentucky; Montana; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; Ohio; Texas; Vermont; Virginia; West Virginia; and Wyoming"

So we are left with a burning question. Is there a correlation between being pro-Bestiality and rabidly Homophobic? Is it possible that approving of or actively practicing Bestiality turns one into a Homophobe? The statistics suggest one, or the other, or both.

more

http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2013/07/16/bestiality-is-legal-in-the-same-states-that-ban-same-sex-marriage/

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Realizing that some States have since endorsed Same Sex Marriages.......

"Bestiality is completely legal in the following 18 states, districts, and territories:

Alabama; Arkansas; Washington, D.C.; Guam; Hawaii; Kentucky; Montana; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; Ohio; Texas; Vermont; Virginia; West Virginia; and Wyoming"

So we are left with a burning question. Is there a correlation between being pro-Bestiality and rabidly Homophobic? Is it possible that approving of or actively practicing Bestiality turns one into a Homophobe? The statistics suggest one, or the other, or both.

more

http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2013/07/16/bestiality-is-legal-in-the-same-states-that-ban-same-sex-marriage/

First of all, anyone that refers to all those against gay marriage as "homophobic" is an intolerant dumbas$.

Secondly, the attempted comparison between bestiality and being against gay marriage is more than a little offensive.

But, you lnow, this is what we increasingly expect from "progressives".....an inability to debate, sheer unadulterated hatred for anyone that disagrees with their mantra, and the most outlandish accusations to cover their vaccuous nature in an attempt to shut down dissent.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Marriage is not a 'right'. It is a social institution critical to raising of children in a stable, emotionally nourishing, familial structure. It is granted special privileges and protections for that purpose.

A homosexual relationship in fact bears no resemblance to a true marriage. It is founded on an artifice of shared misery, exploitation and futility. In and of itself it is incapable of fertility or comprising a meaningful union greater than its parts.

The reduction of marriage to an absurd, sentiment drenched parody will in fact diminish the institution as a whole, and children, any society's future will suffer as consequence. That is the stake that society has in this.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Equality is a HUMAN RIGHT.

hu·man right
noun
a right that is believed to belong justifiably to every person.
"a flagrant disregard for basic human rights"

I believe it's for EVERY person.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't have a huge problem with gay marriage. It is here to stay, and it is not bothering me at all.

I do have a problem with the attitude that if you do not accept the "progressive" slate of ideas without question, you are some kind of sub-human, fearful of those not like you, and prone to having sex with barnyard animals.

Which was my point. Marriage is not a right. Freedom of conscience is a right.

I am not, nor have I ever been afraid of a homosexual.

I do not engage in friskiness with those outside my species. lol

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Equality is a HUMAN RIGHT.

Equality has nothing to do with an institution which requires stipulated standards and responsibilities as requirement of membership.. and is open to all providing they comply with those requirements. Those have existed for marriage for millennia.

It's only our brave new world has come to the bizarre revelation that sodomy confers a 'right' on its practitioners. The whole issue has diminished the concepts of marriage, equality and rights. Its become pure nonsense encompassed in high sounding sophistry.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Equality has nothing to do with an institution which requires stipulated standards and responsibilities as requirement of membership.. and is open to all providing they comply with those requirements. Those have existed for marriage for millennia.

It's only our brave new world has come to the bizarre revelation that sodomy confers a 'right' on its practitioners. The whole issue has diminished the concepts of marriage, equality and rights. Its become pure nonsense encompassed in high sounding sophistry.

I think you are confusing your version "Those have existed for marriage for millennia. " with the rest of the world and world history.

As a religious person you have every right to NOT marry a gay person. However, you have NO right to tell anyone else that they can't marry a gay person. Great thing about marriage is it's NOT a religious thing.

Thank the stars for freedom of/from religion.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I think you are confusing your version "Those have existed for marriage for millennia. " with the rest of the world and world history.

As a religious person you have every right to NOT marry a gay person. However, you have NO right to tell anyone else that they can't marry a gay person. Great thing about marriage is it's NOT a religious thing.

Thank the stars for freedom of/from religion.

Not currently a religious thing. How and where did it start?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Marriage is not a 'right'. It is a social institution critical to raising of children in a stable, emotionally nourishing, familial structure. It is granted special privileges and protections for that purpose.

My sister is doing just fine with her male partner raising their kids without being married. Marriage isnt needed to raise children in 'a stable emotionally nourishing, familial structure.' Never was. The nuclear family is not the be all end all of families.

Irrelevant. Now it is something granted and recognized by the state. The church has its thing but the state has no obligation to recognize those unions and vice versa.

I do have a problem with the attitude that if you do not accept the "progressive" slate of ideas without question, you are some kind of sub-human, fearful of those not like you, and prone to having sex with barnyard animals.

Ive often seen that used in the slippery slope argument by those who oppose same sex marriage. They seem to think if this is allowed, bestiality or incest are next. Its an absurd argument regardless of which side it comes from.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Way back in the fog of time. It's been called different things by different society's and "religion" has not always been a factor.

I don't have a huge problem with gay marriage.

Which means you do have something less than a huge problem with SSM. What would that be?

Which was my point. Marriage is not a right. Freedom of conscience is a right.

So the state can decide who can and can't get married? and you have no problem with that?

I am not, nor have I ever been afraid of a homosexual.

I will reserve my reply to this until I see your reply to my first question.

I do not engage in friskiness with those outside my species. lol

Nobody suggested you did, aside from yourself. What tay posted was an interesting fact concerning U.S. States that allow bestiality yet don't allow gay marriage. You deciding to own that is your own doing.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
"Way back in the fog of time. It's been called different things by different society's and "religion" has not always been a factor." I believe religion has only just ceased to be a factor in the past century. Prior to that marriage has always been sanctified by churches or religious affiliations. It sure as hell was not invented by qeers. Nor was it ever any normal regimen for homosexuals. They can form their own positions and leave marriage alone.