Senate Report On CIA Torture

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/study2014/sscistudy1.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/w...eport.html?emc=edit_na_20141209&nlid=23627335

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/w...eport.html?emc=edit_na_20141209&nlid=23627335

oBoLa cRaCkA ‏@HouseCracka

Dear Allies Around The World, The Communists Democrats have released @CIA info today that will cause people to die and acts of terrorism.

Hollywood Resistance ‏@BettinaVLA

Dear @TheDemocrats, releasing that CIA report shows that you are nothing but America hating FILTH who have now endangered ALL AMERICANS.

Fox NewsVerified account ‏@FoxNews

"I’m releasing this report because…there are thousands of employees at the #CIA who do not condone what I will speak about." – @SenFeinstein

more

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/542359315919933440

Matt YglesiasVerified account ‏@mattyglesias

They threatened to rape one prisoner’s mom, and that’s not the worst thing on the list.
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/9/7360823/cia-torture-roundup …

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Water boarding is torture.

Keeping people in very cold, dark cells that are a danger to health is torture.

Beating people is torture.

Plain and simple. For shame.

Torture does not produce reliable intelligence. Duh.

Keeping people nude is not torture.

Mild sleep deprivation is not torture (mark the "mild")

Playing music that makes them uncomfortable is not torture, unless played at ridiculous, harmful volume.

Threatening is not torture.....whether it be them or their families.....as long as the threats are not acted upon.

Using females to interrogate is not torture.

I have said since day one that removing domestic civil rights, engaging in torture, and setting up a security state hands the win to the Islamofascists.

Let's just stop........kill them when we find them, but stop lowering ourselves to their level with despotic practices and laws.

We are the superior society.

Let's prove it.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Another laurel in wreath of GWB. At Nuremburg it wasn't the henchmen and sadists who were held primarily responsible.. but the leadership who gave only vague directions and philosophical rationales.. but set in place of climate of cruelty and an ethos that any means justified an objective.. of 'security' for their nation.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"The report is said to assert that the C.I.A. misled Mr. Bush and his White House about the nature, extent and results of brutal techniques like waterboarding, and some of his former administration officials privately suggested seizing on that to distance themselves from the controversial program, according to people involved in the discussion. But Mr. Bush and his closest advisers decided that “we’re going to want to stand behind these guys,” as one former official put it.

Mr. Bush made that clear in an interview broadcast on Sunday. “We’re fortunate to have men and women who work hard at the C.I.A. serving on our behalf,” he told CNN’s Candy Crowley. “These are patriots and whatever the report says, if it diminishes their contributions to our country, it is way off base.”

These are “really good people and we’re lucky as a nation to have them,” he said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/08/u...a-ex-officials-rebut-torture-report.html?_r=0

I am quite sure that there are indeed many good people in the CIA. Unfortunately for Georgie Boy there are also some really bad apples and they need to be weeded out.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Mild sleep deprivation is not torture (mark the "mild")

Agree with most of that post, but this part stuck out. I read today that though they used up to 96 hours of sleep deprivation, they were authorized to go up to 180 hours. That's not really mild...and to your other point, yes what kind of information would they expect to get from people who are losing their mind?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Re: Hypothermia, Broken Limbs, and Rectal Feeding

..."rectal feeding"...

Did you ever see a movie called Human Centipede?

That was torture. Broomsticks up the bunghole are just tough love. :)

A CIA Theme Park?

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I love the idea. One pays the admission fee, is issued a baseball bat, and is admitted into a room full of hogtied fuzzy wuzzies. The concept rises to the level of intellectual property.

You made the statement. YOU prove it. ;)

Did you ever see a movie called Human Centipede?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Dear Allies Around The World, The Communists Democrats have released @CIA info today that will cause people to die and acts of terrorism.

quote from article:

Mr. Obama’s predecessor, President George W. Bush, said repeatedly that the detention and interrogation program was humane and legal.

remember this:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Colpy said:
Playing music that makes them uncomfortable is not torture, unless played at ridiculous, harmful volume.

Nickelback at any volume for any length of time is torture.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
oh, I forgot...

Ari FleischerVerified account ‏@AriFleischer

This is not a "Senate" report. It's a report by Senate Democrats only.

Tom T. ‏@VRWCTexan

Feinstein's staff: 1. Took 4 years + $40M 2. Never interviewed anyone in CIA. 3. Cherry-picked thru 6M documents. http://goo.gl/Xk3s8j

sorry for the confusion. ;-)

The 14-1 would mean Republicans agreed to proceed..........

March 5, 2009: The panel votes 14-1 to proceed with the investigation. Committee chair Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and vice chair Kit Bond, R-Mo., formally announce the investigation.

July 31, 2014: CIA acknowledges that, despite Brennan's earlier denial about what he called "spurious allegations," the agency did in fact spy on Senate investigators. An internal agency review found that CIA officers created a false online identity to access to computers used by the investigators and read their emails. The review also said that when CIA officers were first asked about the spying, they showed a "lack of candor."

August 5, 2014: Release of the report is put on hold after the Senate objects to CIA trying to redact evidence that the agency had misled investigators. "I have concluded the redactions eliminate or obscure key facts that support the report’s findings and conclusions," said Feinstein.

more

How the CIA Spent the Last 6 Years Fighting the Release of the Torture Report | Mother Jones

Members of the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

2013-2014
Democrats
Republicans
Dianne Feinstein,
California
Chairman
Saxby Chambliss,
Georgia
Vice Chairman
John D. Rockefeller IV,
West Virginia