The 'Gruber Clip'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
do enjoy:

Rich Weinstein is not a reporter. He does not have a blog. Until this week, the fortysomething's five-year old Twitter account had a follower count in the low double digits.

“I’m an investment advisor,” Weinstein tells me from his home near Philadelphia. “I’m a nobody. I’m the guy who lives in his mom’s basement wearing a tinfoil hat.” (He's joking about the mom and the tinfoil.)

He's also behind a series of scoops that could convince the Supreme Court to dismantle part of the Affordable Care Act. Weinstein has absorbed hours upon hours of interviews with Jonathan Gruber, an MIT professor who advised the Massachusetts legislature when it created “Romneycare” and the Congress when it created “Obamacare.” Conservatives had been looking for ways to demonstrate that the wording of the ACA denied insurance subsidies to consumers in states that did not create their own health exchanges. Weinstein found a clip of Gruber suggesting that states that did not create health insurance exchanges risked giving up the ACA's subsidies; it went straight into the King v. Burwell brief, and into a case that's currently headed to the Supreme Court.

Meet the Mild-Mannered Investment Advisor Who's Humiliating the Administration Over Obamacare - Bloomberg Politics

Penn LDI : Agenda

AHEC 2013 Conference - YouTube

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Obama in 2006: ‘I Have Stolen Ideas From’ Jonathan Gruber

Last week, President Obama was casual about the role Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Jonathan Gruber had played in the creation of Obamacare, saying Gruber was “some adviser who never worked on our staff.”

Gruber, has been under fire this month after several videos emerged of him discussing Obamacare. In one clip, Gruber called the American people “stupid.” Democrats have tried to distance themselves from Gruber, with House minority leader Nancy Pelosi going so far as to say, “I don’t know who he is,” although a clip of her in 2009 surfaced, showing her talking about Gruber by name.

In this newly-surfaced clip from 2006, then-Sen. Obama, D-Ill., speaks warmly about Gruber, saying at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., “You have already drawn some of the brightest minds from academia and policy circles, many of them I have stolen ideas from liberally, people ranging from Robert Gordon to Austan Goolsbee, Jon Gruber, my dear friend [and] Jim Wallis here … who can inform what are sometimes dry policy debates with a prophetic voice.”

Obama in 2006: 'I Have Stolen Ideas From' Jonathan Gruber

Obama: I Have Stolen Ideas from Jon Gruber Liberally - YouTube

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The Democrats sung this guy's praises for years now... and after these tapes came out they are trying to put some much distance between him and deny him as much as possible.

Come on Dumb Gruber Voters...The Democrats are counting on you to stay as stupid as ever! Don't let them down now.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
today's question for groob: Under prison health care, will you get to keep your doctor?