The latest Ferguson morons

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress.

When we look back on what happened in Ferguson, Mo., during the summer of 2014, it will be easy to think of it as yet one more episode of black rage ignited by yet another police killing of an unarmed African American male. But that has it precisely backward. What we’ve actually seen is the latest outbreak of white rage. Sure, it is cloaked in the niceties of law and order, but it is rage nonetheless.

Protests and looting naturally capture attention. But the real rage smolders in meetings where officials redraw precincts to dilute African American voting strength or seek to slash the government payrolls that have long served as sources of black employment. It goes virtually unnoticed, however, because white rage doesn’t have to take to the streets and face rubber bullets to be heard. Instead, white rage carries an aura of respectability and has access to the courts, police, legislatures and governors, who cast its efforts as noble, though they are actually driven by the most ignoble motivations.

White rage recurs in American history. It exploded after the Civil War, erupted again to undermine the Supreme Court’s Brown v. Board of Education decision and took on its latest incarnation with Barack Obama’s ascent to the White House. For every action of African American advancement, there’s a reaction, a backlash.

more mental masturbation here

Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress. - The Washington Post

oh, and here's another:

RedNationRising ‏@RedNationRising

Find Out This Fool's Name, I'll Chip In The First $20 For A One Way Ticket To Iraq! #Ferguson #RedNationRising

" I rather" :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The people who think they have it that bad would pee their pants if they
had to live in the conditions caught in the crossfire of madness in the
Middle east. There is white racism just below the surface anyone who
thinks other wise is living in a dreamworld It cuts both ways the black
community has become racist itself. Here is an example. Years ago
black artists couldn't get on white radio that all changed around 1960
Well today black radio has reemerged and they don't bother in many
cases to play white artists. That is ok both media outlets have gone
their separate ways by mutual consent they no long fit each others
format. The difference is white stations still play black artists but
increasingly black stations shun whites

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Of course it's about black rage against cops. That rage is deeply ingrained and, let's be honest here, it is not completely without merit.

Having said that though, conspiracy b.s. like this.....

Protests and looting naturally capture attention. But the real rage smolders in meetings where officials redraw precincts to dilute African American voting strength or seek to slash the government payrolls that have long served as sources of black employment. It goes virtually unnoticed, however, because white rage doesn’t have to take to the streets and face rubber bullets to be heard. Instead, white rage carries an aura of respectability and has access to the courts, police, legislatures and governors, who cast its efforts as noble, though they are actually driven by the most ignoble motivations.

....doesn't help matters much.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Ever been stopped for being white Locutus?

Doubt it, guys like you will never get it.

86% of vehicle stops were black drivers.

85% of people arrested are black.

92% are arrested for disorderly conduct.

Guess whites just know how to behave eh Loc?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ever been stopped for being white Locutus?

Doubt it, guys like you will never get it.

86% of vehicle stops were black drivers.

85% of people arrested are black.

92% are arrested for disorderly conduct.

Guess whites just know how to behave eh Loc?

Of the people stopped, what is the arrest percentage of whites vs blacks? For example if they stop 1000 black and 100 white (assuming the imbalance above) and they arrested 850 blacks and 85 whites, those percentages are roughly equal and would show as a vast majority are black. But it could also show they arrest 85% of the people they stop.

What is the percentage of black vs white in the area in question? If the area is 85% black, it assumes stops would be 85% black.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here's the data.

http://ago.mo.gov/VehicleStops/2013/reports/161.pdf

Roughly, Ferguson is 67% black. 86% of the traffic stops are on black drivers. Stops leading to searches are twice as frequent for black drivers. Despite the fact that 22% of stops of black drives lead to arrests, vs. 34% of stops of white drivers.

This data does support that the cops are choosing to stop black drivers more. I would expect ~67% of traffic stops to be black. The 86-67% are not leading to arrests but just extra stops.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This data does support that the cops are choosing to stop black drivers more. I would expect ~67% of traffic stops to be black. The 86-67% are not leading to arrests but just extra stops.
Here's the trick. More than half of Ferguson's city budget is paid for by traffic fines and associated fees.

Probably makes it a lot clearer, enit?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here's the trick. More than half of Ferguson's city budget is paid for by traffic fines and associated fees.

Probably makes it a lot clearer, enit?

It's the same most places. But if the stops are random I would expect around 67% of them to be black. If it was 70 or 64, that is close enough. But 86% is way out of the ballpark. This tells me that they are more likely to pull over a black person. Now if the arrest percentages were equal, I would conclude that blacks are more likely to be speeding than whites and that would count for the distortion. Since this is not the case, I cannot make that assumption.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's the same most places. But if the stops are random I would expect around 67% of them to be black. If it was 70 or 64, that is close enough. But 86% is way out of the ballpark. This tells me that they are more likely to pull over a black person. Now if the arrest percentages were equal, I would conclude that blacks are more likely to be speeding than whites and that would count for the distortion. Since this is not the case, I cannot make that assumption.

Clarification. The arrests are for possession of contraband. The speeding part is just a ticket, an administrative matter, not an arrest. The arrests come from searches associated with the traffic stops.

So, it would not be utterly unreasonable to conclude that the cops are ensuring that blacks bear a disproportionate share of the city budget, whilst whites are more likely to be carrying contraband.

Serving and protecting.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
When I was young I looked at the sky sometimes at night and it was all just black and white to me. A dark void with millions of sparks of white lights. Now that I've been looking at the pictures taken by the Hubble telescope of the Universe, I see that there are innumerable examples of activity, shapes and every color in the spectrum. Who knows what we'll get to see in the future. Something to look forward to.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Clarification. The arrests are for possession of contraband. The speeding part is just a ticket, an administrative matter, not an arrest. The arrests come from searches associated with the traffic stops.

So, it would not be utterly unreasonable to conclude that the cops are ensuring that blacks bear a disproportionate share of the city budget, whilst whites are more likely to be carrying contraband.

Serving and protecting.

Thsnx for clarification. I had assumed a speeding ticket was an arrest. In that case, I have insufficient data to draw any conclusions.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
geez, if the majority of the residents and drivers of the 'pre-planned' (for city coffers and all like that) are black, like wow man, what a revelation...and then, if those stops usually lead to pat-downs and/or vehicle checks, and, contraband is found because the blacks are carrying, oh well...too bad so sad...don't drive with drugs in your goddamn car or on your person...get a brian moran.

now if, let's say, only 10% of that idiot town was black and they were STILL getting the high majority of the attention on 'routine' traffic (money making, drug-speculation), well then, come talk to me.

next

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
While it was already known that at least three Ferguson, Missouri, employees in the court system and police department regularly exchanged racist emails with one another, today, after a records request from the Washington Post, the actual emails were finally revealed.

What they show is a deeply disturbing strain of racism that was socially acceptable among essential government employees who not only interacted with African Americans consistently in the majority black town of Ferguson, but were in positions of power in which they could make life miserable for the people they clearly disdained.

Captain Richard Henke, who was the second in charge of the Ferguson Police Department, Sergeant William Mudd, who was the fourth in charge of the Ferguson Police Department and the supervising officer of Darren Wilson, and Mary Ann Twitty, the court clerk in Ferguson, sent vile and racist emails back and forth to one another for years, stemming back to at least 2008.

One cannot reasonably believe that men and women could send such hateful and disgusting emails for years and years, find them enjoyable and share them, but somehow miraculously compartmentalize that same racism when it came time to perform their daily duties. I'm not trying to insult janitors or repairmen, God bless them, but these were three essential employees in the Ferguson justice system.

Why was Twitty fired, but Henke and Mudd were allowed to resign when they all three did essentially the same thing?

These several emails that were discovered are obviously not the extent of their racism, but just a symptom of it. What does it say about Captain Henke, who ran the day-to-day affairs of the police department, that he sent and regularly received racist emails? When Sgt. Mudd and Mary Ann Twitty sent messages just to Captain Henke, what did they know about him that gave them the knowledge that he would be comfortable with such nastiness?

Was Darren Wilson, who reported to Mudd and has his arm around Twitty in this photo, a lone ranger that was unaware of their racism?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-3-ferguson-police-and-court-officials-fired/

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Now, now. Just because a person demonstrates his hatred and contempt for black people on a daily basis is no reason to suspect that he'll act on those feelings.