GW Bush regrets saying "bring em on"

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCJlV6s0dU&feature=player_embedded#t=74

The spiteful and embittered old sack of bile that is John McCain was on the box on Sunday, as he is every damn Sunday, attacking President Obama. The irresponsible old fool who gave us Caibou Barbie and enabled the Tea Party was, as usual, questioning the President's judgement.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mccain-obama-stay-iraq

On CNN's "State of the Union," McCain blamed the deteriorating situation in Iraq on America's failure to leave forces behind in Iraq.

It was at this point that Candy Crowley should have jumped in and said:

"Evidently, Senator, you need to be reminded that it was President George W. Bush who negotiated and signed the Status of Forces Agreement in December 2008 that legally obliged the US to withdraw its forces by 2011. The Obama administration tried to renegotiate those terms to keep US forces on the ground for longer but the Iraqi government refused to grant immunity to our troops, so no agreement could be reached. The Iraqi government wanted us gone, Senator."

But McCain was allowed to get away with his contemptible revising of history. McCain went on to tell Crowley:

“I predicted what was going to happen in Iraq," he said."

He certainly did. Let's do what Crowley should have done and what Chris Hayes did do last month and revisit McCain's 'predictions':

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASw7tXSBaLc&feature=player_embedded#t=4

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
"I predicted what was going to happen in Iraq"

When McCain was cheerleading the war on in 2003, I don't recall McCain saying "I predict that in 11 years, Iraq will a failed state."

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, McCain's a loser...just like Obama. The difference between the two is that it is only Obama who is sending Americans into Harm's Way.
The traditional hawks, and poodles like Graham, are desperate for more American lives to be lost in Iraq. In their view there is just no end to military spending.

By the way who in the Bush administration referred to the museum looting as an act of giddiness by people just given their freedom? Cheney, Rumsfeld..? And they allowed it to happen. There should be a Bhengazi-like inquisition over this. Even 11 years later they aren't looking too giddy.

Tay did the TV network introduce him as an old sack of bile? " Joining us now is our favorite old sack of bile. John, thanks for coming in...."

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
GW is sorry for swaggering around with his John Wayne improv. I guess he might regret that banner on Aircraft the carrier.. 'Mission Accomplished'.. as well.. now that Iraq has fallen apart.

No regrets though of the ill conceived foreign adventures... that now appear to have made the situations in those countries even worse. Well i'm sure the families of the wastage of 6,500 war dead are glad to hear he feels he could have expressed himself better. :roll:

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He might regret attending kindergarten during 911, although he probably learned a lot.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Back in those days when I criticized Bush in web forums for his war there were tons of deluded right wingers who used to defend him. I wonder how they feel today. By their silence I would suppose most regret having defended him as strenuously as they did.