How did anybody actually believe Obama?

Andem
Free Thinker
+3 / -5
I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin. Shortly afterwards, I saw him in the flesh. His accent here in Berlin was unlike any of his other speeches and it was an obvious attempt to sound like Kennedy for the first bit and then Regan in the last few minutes. I knew immediately that he was a crook, yet everybody else thought he was the savior and the answer to everybody's problems.

For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
~ everybody else thought he was the savior ~

Name those who called him that.

~ swindled ~

How so? Where's your proof?

~ tyrant ~

Republicans have obstructed much of his agenda. What makes him a "tyrant" in your mind. Please provide specifics.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin. Shortly afterwards, I saw him in the flesh. His accent here in Berlin was unlike any of his other speeches and it was an obvious attempt to sound like Kennedy for the first bit and then Regan in the last few minutes. I knew immediately that he was a crook, yet everybody else thought he was the savior and the answer to everybody's problems.

For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.

Welcome to the duped. Then thing called Obama,, a construct, plastic man, everyones mesiaha

crush the prickls

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+3
Another in the endless series of BROKEN RECORD anti-Obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Another in the endless series of BROKEN RECORD anti-Obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.

Younrepresent the brairb dead, you are not rotendia

another in the endless series of broken record anti-obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.

endless like truth you lose

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+4
brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord

darkbeaver
Republican
+1

brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord
brokenrecord

iGJICT, EVEN NA DRUNKARD MAY DE3FEAT THEEE, THREE TIMESN OUT IOF FIUR

nO WONDER YO CAN'T FIND A WOMWN ,M THEY KNOW

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+4
Why would anybody believe any politician. Obama is just a hand puppet of the ruling elite, a face on a cereal box, a cartoon character for "democracy, just like all the presidents before him going back to Tricky D!cky.

Tecumsehsbones
+3

If you think Obama is a tyrant, you got some weird notions of what constitutes tyranny. As for his re-election, I calculate it's because the Republicans put up a candidate who openly and publicly stated that he was not interested in 47% of the citizens of the United States, and did not intend to represent them or consider their interests if he got into office.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Why would anybody believe any politician. Obama is just a hand puppet of the ruling elite, a face on a cereal box, a cartoon character for "democracy, just like all the presidents before him going back to Tricky D!cky.

**** YOU ARE ILKLUMINATED cLKIFFY

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

If you think Obama is a tyrant, you got some weird notions of what constitutes tyranny. As for his re-election, I calculate it's because the Republicans put up a candidate who openly and publicly stated that he was not interested in 47% of the citizens of the United States, and did not intend to represent them or consider their interests if he got into office.

wEIRD NOTIINS SO WHAT, YER CONVEBTIONAK YOU DA-ON;T COUNTM

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

**** YOU ARE ILKLUMINATED cLKIFFY

wEIRD NOTIINS SO WHAT, YER CONVEBTIONAK YOU DA-ON;T COUNTM

Beav, perhaps you should sleep it off.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

The optics on Obama's successful reelection has more to do with upping the ante on long-shot promises coupled with a successful campaign in demonizing the Reps

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
From the US-American Politics section of threads:

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ing-obama.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...lent-just.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ing-obama.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...revisited.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ince-wwii.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...stitution.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ker-chief.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ma-recess.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...ind-leave.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...uld-offer.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...old-about.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...t-deficit.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/us...g-another.html (external - login to view)

Just another in an endless array of laughable BROKEN RECORD anti-Obama threads with innumerable attacks but not one solution to the mess created by Republicans. And that's just the first 2 pages of that section.

Thank you Admin for adding to it.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1

tHE FIRSTB TIME THIS THING ARRIVED IB=N MY SPACE THE SHIVER WENT THROUGH MY SAPINE, THIS WAS TO BE THE FUTURE, THE VOIFD, WHAT A ****IN LANET i ENDED UP UPON

bac tanks

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1

Beav, perhaps you should sleep it off.

... or better yet - take an antidote.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+3
I don't know about believing him so much as hoping since the alternatives presented were so obviously bad.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I don't know about believing him so much as hoping since the alternatives presented were so obviously bad.

WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT trs YOU ARE OBVIOUSLEY BAD THE GOOD WAY EH SHINE ON BROTHGER

Praxius
Free Thinker
+2

Funny I had the same thoughts about Bush when I first saw his face.

Guess they'll let anybody in these days

Obama did have a hell of a lot of hype and he did well in debates, etc.... but his message of "Hope" sure went down the crapper pretty quickly.

But really, using a different accent during one speech doesn't really prove a lot.

Maybe he was just trying to speak clearer for the Germans to understand

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote:

Praxius,

Obama did have a hell of a lot of hype and he did well in debates, etc.... but his message of "Hope" sure went down the crapper pretty quickly.

Bush got all the legislative support he wanted from a highly cooperative Congress.

By contrast, Republicans obstructed the Obama agenda. Of course this is no surprise considering how some went on record as saying they wanted Obama's administration to fail.

Praxius
Free Thinker
+4

Bush got all the legislative support he wanted from a highly cooperative Congress.

By contrast, Republicans obstructed the Obama agenda. Of course this is no surprise considering how some went on record as saying they wanted Obama's administration to fail.

I was about to add to my above post, but you replied too quickly :P

I was going to also say that his message went flat pretty quickly..... but it's not like the Republicans didn't help with that by opposing just about everything his tried to do. Oppose everything the Democrats plan to do, make it all fail and in turn, point the finger at the Democrats for not getting anything done and make them look incompetent.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

I was about to add to my above post, but you replied too quickly :P

I was going to also say that his message went flat pretty quickly..... but it's not like the Republicans didn't help with that by opposing just about everything his tried to do. Oppose everything the Democrats plan to do, make it all fail and in turn, point the finger at the Democrats for not getting anything done and make them look incompetent.

Good points that are clearly lost on the OP.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

That excuse only goes so far.

Obama had control of both Houses until the mid term.. On a number of issues he could not compel all of the representatives in the Dem Party to vote his legislation through.

That failure falls directly on the shoulders of the Dems and/or Obama

Durry
+1

Your criticism is over the top.
You should take your meds before you post.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan;

That excuse only goes so far.

Obama had control of both Houses until the mid term.. On a number of issues he could not compel all of the representatives in the Dem Party to vote his legislation through.

That failure falls directly on the shoulders of the Dems and/or Obama

This was because of DINOcrats or Blue Dog Democrats who joined with Republicans in stopping some (but not all) of the Obama agenda. Significantly, many of those BDD's lost political office thereafter:

Blue Dog Coalition membership experienced a rapid decline in the 2010s, now having 19 seats in the 113th Congress (external - login to view).[4] (external - login to view)

source: wiki

Perhaps if they had supported Obama his agenda would have succeeded and those BDD dupes would still be employed in Washington, DC.

BaalsTears
In 2008 I immediately saw Obama as a shyster lawyer/politician/chameleon. He was an expression of the culture itself and the degraded character of a people. He was reelected in 2012 because he demonized an establishment moderate as a dog abuser who killed some guy's wife.

Things aren't going very well for either Obama or the USA. In many ways the Americans are getting exactly what they deserve. If schadenfreude were a cup it would be running over.

pgs
Free Thinker

This was because of DINOcrats or Blue Dog Democrats who joined with Republicans in stopping some (but not all) of the Obama agenda. Significantly, many of those BDD's lost political office thereafter:

Blue Dog Coalition membership experienced a rapid decline in the 2010s, now having 19 seats in the 113th Congress (external - login to view).[4] (external - login to view)

source: wiki

Perhaps if they had supported Obama his agenda would have succeeded and those BDD dupes would still be employed in Washington, DC.

Who's fault is that ?

BaalsTears
The US Constitution was designed to be cumbersome in order to prevent the accumulation of political power in any single branch of the govt. Except in emergencies, the Constitution only permits action if consensus is reached. Consensus requires, among other things, effective persuasion.

President Obama has, in the absence of emergency, accumulated power in the executive branch by refusing to enforce laws with which he disagrees. Take the Defense of Marriage Act(DOMA)as an example. Without regard to the merits of DOMA, Obama unilaterally decided not to enforce DOMA before the Supreme Court ruled on the matter. The same is true of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) where Obama unilaterally suspended the Employer Mandate. Obama's refusal to enforce the laws controlling the southern border are another example. These were not matters of administrative discretion.

In using "his pen and his phone" Obama has effectively seized power from the legislative branch and arrogated it to the executive branch. In this manner Obama has established a precedent that will be used by all subsequent presidents and placed the Republic on a new political trajectory.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Nah, nuthin like Tricky ****y. That f**ker was one of a kind! I found him repulsive as a human being let alone a president!

petros
Politics is a made for TV movie.

Praxius
Free Thinker

Good points that are clearly lost on the OP.

Yeah.... silly owner of the forums, pssh.