How did anybody actually believe Obama?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin. Shortly afterwards, I saw him in the flesh. His accent here in Berlin was unlike any of his other speeches and it was an obvious attempt to sound like Kennedy for the first bit and then Regan in the last few minutes. I knew immediately that he was a crook, yet everybody else thought he was the savior and the answer to everybody's problems.

For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
~ everybody else thought he was the savior ~

Name those who called him that.

~ swindled ~

How so? Where's your proof?

~ tyrant ~

Republicans have obstructed much of his agenda. What makes him a "tyrant" in your mind. Please provide specifics.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin. Shortly afterwards, I saw him in the flesh. His accent here in Berlin was unlike any of his other speeches and it was an obvious attempt to sound like Kennedy for the first bit and then Regan in the last few minutes. I knew immediately that he was a crook, yet everybody else thought he was the savior and the answer to everybody's problems.

For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.

Welcome to the duped. Then thing called Obama,, a construct, plastic man, everyones mesiaha

crush the prickls

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Another in the endless series of BROKEN RECORD anti-Obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Another in the endless series of BROKEN RECORD anti-Obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.
Younrepresent the brairb dead, you are not rotendia

another in the endless series of broken record anti-obama threads with its usual accusations but nothing in the way of substantive proofs.

No surprise.
endless like truth you lose

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why would anybody believe any politician. Obama is just a hand puppet of the ruling elite, a face on a cereal box, a cartoon character for "democracy, just like all the presidents before him going back to Tricky D!cky.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

If you think Obama is a tyrant, you got some weird notions of what constitutes tyranny. As for his re-election, I calculate it's because the Republicans put up a candidate who openly and publicly stated that he was not interested in 47% of the citizens of the United States, and did not intend to represent them or consider their interests if he got into office.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Why would anybody believe any politician. Obama is just a hand puppet of the ruling elite, a face on a cereal box, a cartoon character for "democracy, just like all the presidents before him going back to Tricky D!cky.

**** YOU ARE ILKLUMINATED cLKIFFY

If you think Obama is a tyrant, you got some weird notions of what constitutes tyranny. As for his re-election, I calculate it's because the Republicans put up a candidate who openly and publicly stated that he was not interested in 47% of the citizens of the United States, and did not intend to represent them or consider their interests if he got into office.
wEIRD NOTIINS SO WHAT, YER CONVEBTIONAK YOU DA-ON;T COUNTM

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

The optics on Obama's successful reelection has more to do with upping the ante on long-shot promises coupled with a successful campaign in demonizing the Reps

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

tHE FIRSTB TIME THIS THING ARRIVED IB=N MY SPACE THE SHIVER WENT THROUGH MY SAPINE, THIS WAS TO BE THE FUTURE, THE VOIFD, WHAT A ****IN LANET i ENDED UP UPON

bac tanks

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Funny I had the same thoughts about Bush when I first saw his face.

Guess they'll let anybody in these days :p

Obama did have a hell of a lot of hype and he did well in debates, etc.... but his message of "Hope" sure went down the crapper pretty quickly.

But really, using a different accent during one speech doesn't really prove a lot.

Maybe he was just trying to speak clearer for the Germans to understand :twisted:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Praxius,

Obama did have a hell of a lot of hype and he did well in debates, etc.... but his message of "Hope" sure went down the crapper pretty quickly.

Bush got all the legislative support he wanted from a highly cooperative Congress.

By contrast, Republicans obstructed the Obama agenda. Of course this is no surprise considering how some went on record as saying they wanted Obama's administration to fail.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Bush got all the legislative support he wanted from a highly cooperative Congress.

By contrast, Republicans obstructed the Obama agenda. Of course this is no surprise considering how some went on record as saying they wanted Obama's administration to fail.

I was about to add to my above post, but you replied too quickly :p

I was going to also say that his message went flat pretty quickly..... but it's not like the Republicans didn't help with that by opposing just about everything his tried to do. Oppose everything the Democrats plan to do, make it all fail and in turn, point the finger at the Democrats for not getting anything done and make them look incompetent.