11 Cool Things Food Stamps Will Provide


Locutus
#1
Food stamps have become a major facet of the American system. And as the number of welfare recipients increases, so does the number of items that can be purchased with a food stamp Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.

Government assistant programs have been on a steady recipient incline for the last 50 years. For the FY 2013, a record number of Americans were receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits. In 2008, 28.2 million Americans were on food stamps, and an additional 19.4 million have been added in the last five years. Today, 47 million Americans are on food stamps.

According to Washington, D.C.’s Department of Human Service, SNAP’s mission is to help “low-income residents and families buy the food they need for good health.” You can apply for benefits by completing a State application form. Benefits are provided on an electronic card that is used like an ATM card and accepted at most grocery stores.”

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture website, SNAP benefits (which are transferred to the EBT card) can only be used to buy healthy foods such as bread, cereal, fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. The USDA also says that items such as hot food, pet food, soap, household supplies, beer, cigarettes and wine are strictly forbidden. But the SNAP program doesn’t have any way to actually enforce the rules. Because of this, the “rules” are more like soft guidelines, and that might explain the massive increase in welfare recipients in the past few years.

Over the past few years, EBT has been used for some “questionable” items. Here are 11 questionable items that you can (or will soon be able to) purchase with an EBT card.

here ya go:

11 Tax Funded Luxuries Food Stamps Will Provide |
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#2
Wealth redistribution scheme. From the taxpayers pocket to megacorp shsreholders.
 
Locutus
#3
merica, fukyeah
 
Walter
+1 / -1
#4
They missed one thing - soul-sucking dependence.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Wealth redistribution scheme. From the taxpayers pocket to megacorp shsreholders.



The same can be said for deductible business meal costs on corporate tax returns. That's been going on for decades without the slightest objection from anyone on the far right.
 
Walter
-1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

The same can be said for deductible business meal costs on corporate tax returns. That's been going on for decades without the slightest objection from anyone on the far right.

The fair tax will get rid of all of this.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

The same can be said for deductible business meal costs on corporate tax returns. That's been going on for decades without the slightest objection from anyone on the far right.

Ummm no... it can't.
 
Praxius
Free Thinker
#8
The American Dream?
Last edited by Praxius; 4 weeks ago at 09:49 AM..
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#9
Food stamps probably do ensure funds go to the grocers instead of to the Liquor Store or the dope dealer, but what about the folk who have to pay higher living expenses (rent and power) than bureaucracy wants to recognize?
 
Corduroy
#10
Apparently shoes are a luxury item.
 
Locutus
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Apparently shoes are a luxury item.

That's why I altered the byline missy, so the easily-offended would be less-so...but the point remains about um, FOOD stamps.

"According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture website, SNAP benefits (which are transferred to the EBT card) can only be used to buy healthy foods such as bread, cereal, fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. The USDA also says that items such as hot food, pet food, soap, household supplies, beer, cigarettes and wine are strictly forbidden".

food stamps

maybe they could include reading comprehension lessons though.

...or, orrrrr...maybe Cut Throat Kitchen can have a special welfare episode where the chefs make satisfying and nutritious meals from old footwear and obama phones.

heh


 
Corduroy
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

That's why I altered the byline missy, so the easily-offended would be less-so...but the point remains about um, FOOD stamps.

Unfortunately you changing the title of the article doesn't take away from the fact that you're against poor people having shoes.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

The American Dream?

The American Dream now is what can I do for nothing and get paid doing it. The Democrats are fulfilling that dream.
 
Locutus
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Unfortunately you changing the title of the article doesn't take away from the fact that you're against poor people having shoes.

heh, kids these days......yeah, that's what I said alright...annyywayyy...go buy your lebrons with your welfare check or crack profits but leave the food stamps to feed the brood. Clear enough?
 
EagleSmack
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

heh, kids these days......yeah, that's what I said alright...annyywayyy...go buy your lebrons with your welfare check or crack profits but leave the food stamps to feed the brood. Clear enough?

Hey Loc... when they talk asinine you know it is all they have.

Food Stamps are now a scam. In Massachusetts they are given out like candy. Just about anyone that wants one can get one.
 
Nuggler
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Unfortunately you changing the title of the article doesn't take away from the fact that you're against poor people having shoes.

It's not the shoes, it's the feet !


He didn't write the article, just trying to assist the comprehension retarded.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Hey Loc... when they talk asinine you know it is all they have.

Food Stamps are now a scam. In Massachusetts they are given out like candy. Just about anyone that wants one can get one.


So, Eagle, am I correct in assuming that if one didn't feel inclined to work in Mass., one could still survive. ? Even in the cold ?

Works like a charm up here.
 
Spade
Free Thinker
+1
#17
The eleventh thing food stamps provide is gratuitous comment by Canadian "thinkers".
 
Nuggler
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

The eleventh thing food stamps provide is gratuitous comment by Canadian "thinkers".

Nah, don't need the stamps for that................

Day after Kanukistan day, some are hung over and pissy.
For once, not I...........dull day but feel good today.
 
EagleSmack
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post


So, Eagle, am I correct in assuming that if one didn't feel inclined to work in Mass., one could still survive. ? Even in the cold ?

Works like a charm up here.

Absolutely! And I am not kidding.

If one chooses not to work, he or she does not have to. They can just tune out and all will be provided. They only thing you need to learn is where to collect the checks and become familiar with all of the programs available. You will be provided a lower middle class to middle class lifestyle for doing nothing.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Food stamps probably do ensure funds go to the grocers instead of to the Liquor Store or the dope dealer, but what about the folk who have to pay higher living expenses (rent and power) than bureaucracy wants to recognize?



I believe that is determined by each individual state. Therefore, a state where living expenses are higher is likelier to have standards which may allow people like that to get coverage. Not entirely sure but is likely so.
 
Corduroy
-1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

heh, kids these days......yeah, that's what I said alright...annyywayyy...go buy your lebrons with your welfare check or crack profits but leave the food stamps to feed the brood. Clear enough?

Not quite. Can you clear up the racist code words? I'm much more comfortable when you are straight up racist, not when you sneak around like that.
 
EagleSmack
+2
#22  Top Rated Post
blahblah racist blahblah blah racist racist blahblahblah
 
Walter
+2 / -1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

blahblah racist blahblah blah racist racist blahblahblah

You sound like MSNBC.
 

Similar Threads

0
Chinese women take food-stamps in BMW X3
by chineseroman | Jan 5th, 2014
2
Hipsters on food stamps
by Locutus | Nov 13th, 2012
6
Feds Encourage Food Stamps
by Locutus | Jul 22nd, 2012
1
no new posts