Support for Keystone XL pipeline is almost universal

Locutus
+1
Even Democrats who prefer to develop alternate energy sources before expanding the use of fossil fuels say they want the Keystone XL pipeline built.

The new Pew "Political Typology" report shows huge majorities of all four Democratic-leaning groups support the development of wind, solar and hydrogen alternatives to oil, coal and natural gas.

But of those same four groups, the Keystone XL pipeline is still overwhelmingly popular in three of them.

Among "hard-pressed skeptics," "next generation left" and "faith and family left," support for Keystone is two-to-one. So even as a group like the "next generation left" group supports alternate energy over fossil fuels 83-11, it still backs Keystone 62-28.

more oopsie

Support for Keystone XL pipeline is almost universal - The Washington Post

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Too late now... The Dems have been hugely successful in vilifying the project to the tune that approving it now will cost them a ton of votes.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Too late now... The Dems have been hugely successful in vilifying the project to the tune that approving it now will cost them a ton of votes.

Not approving it is going to cost even more votes as theft at the pump continues.
But then they have ****ed around on this for so long I don't think we should sell them any oil. Energy East and NG are much more in Canad's interest.

petros
There are 10 lines in the works.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Not approving it is going to cost even more votes as theft at the pump continues.
But then they have ****ed around on this for so long I don't think we should sell them any oil. Energy East and NG are much more in Canad's interest.

At this point, the Dems can only wait and keep deferring the project... Making an actual decision will polarize the respective electoral camps prior to their elections... By ongoing delay, they can try and take advantage of the gray area, but a formal decision kills that opportunity.

On the flip-side, the SCoC ruling here may force Harper to make a decision on the NG pipeline in terms of declaring it in the National Interest and forcing it through, in fact, I actually wonder if the timing of the Regulatory Review Board for Northern Gateway and this SCOC ruling is mor than just a coincidence.

Should be interesting here in the next couple of weeks

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+3
#6  Top Rated Post
America wants it why? We get less for the oil shipping it to them second they
get the refining jobs and we get nothing out of that. Then the Americans will
export it and make even more money. I hope it never goes through we need an
east west pipeline and refining in Canada sell it for a pile of money and to who
has the money to buy it
It is time Canada and its leaders looked after our interests first

petros
Canadian companies in America want the oil.

Locutus

Cliffy
Free Thinker

no new posts