Biden: LGBT Rights More Important Than Culture, Tradition

mentalfloss
+1
LGBT Rights More Important Than Culture, Tradition, Says VP Joe Biden

In a statement that inspired pro-LGBT communities across the globe, Vice President Joe Biden declared Tuesday that gay and lesbian rights should be given more importance than national cultures and social traditions.

According to Politico, Biden was speaking to a group of U.S. and international gay rights activist when he made the bold statement. Biden, a potential 2016 contender, emphasized that the Obama administration is clear with its promotion of pro-gay policies and rights. Biden added that the current administration’s attitude does not only extend to the LGBT movement inside the U.S., but also to the gay and lesbian communities around the world.

In response to a growing number of international policies discriminating against gays and lesbians, most notably in Russia and Uganda, Joe Biden and other top White House officials corresponded with religious, human rights, and HIV health care activists and professionals.

There have been estimates that about 80 percent of all countries in the world enforce anti-gay policies and laws.

Addressing a crowd of around 100 guests at the Naval Observatory’s vice-presidential mansion, Biden said:

“I don’t care what your culture is. Inhumanity is inhumanity is inhumanity. Prejudice is prejudice is prejudice.”

Joe Biden has been one of the most prominent pro-gay politicians in the U.S., especially after he declared his support for gay marriage in 2012. In an interview with NBC’sMeet the Press, Joe Biden expressed that he was “absolutely comfortable” with the idea of gay marriage and that he found the growing acceptance of gay and lesbians across the country heartening.

“Look, I am vice president of the United States of America. The president sets the policy. I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties. And quite frankly, I don’t see much of a distinction– beyond that.”

Recently, the U.S government imposed visa bans against Ugandan officials who have been observed to encourage or enforce anti-gay policies in their home country. Last year, Uganda was the center of human rights controversy after President Museveni allowed the passage of the “Kill The Gays Bill” in the Parliament of Uganda. Last May, two Ugandan gay men, Kim Mikusa and Jackson Makusa, were the first to face charges of homosexuality in the country. Despite heavy warnings from Washington to Kampala, Ugandan president Museveni insisted on a country-wide persecution of gays and lesbians.

LGBT Rights More Important Than Culture, Tradition, Says VP Joe Biden (external - login to view)

Highball
+1
Maybe Joe and barney Frank should spend a few nights in Barney's Mens'Brothel? After he has experienced it himself then he might become the voice of experience. Jpe has hoof in mouth disease plus other maladies.

Locutus
+2 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

well, that's because he's an idiot.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

...................with a big mouth.

mentalfloss
+3
#5  Top Rated Post

An idiot who's absolutely right.

BaalsTears
Joe Biden once said "a good stiff pickle in the yahoo is priceless."

Count_Lothian
+1 / -1

In a statement that inspired pro-LGBT communities across the globe, Vice President Joe Biden declared Tuesday that gay and lesbian rights should be given more importance than national cultures and social traditions.

One really must be able to understand the intelligentsia's agenda in bringing the masses out of their quagmire of ruthless dictatorships which allowed for the LGBT community to be labeled anything but normal.

You are starting to depress me , I now have this vision of you,you have become just some shabbily dressed little bureaucrat with a keybored in some corner with rights you should never have been given.

Obviously your right wing views are what has caused this forum to lapse into decay, and chased all the good posters away.

darkbeaver
Republican
+3

An idiot who's absolutely right.

Your support in bringing down western civilization will no doubt be recognized and rewarded by season bathhouse tickets.

Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

One really must be able to understand the intelligentsia's agenda in bringing the masses out of their quagmire of ruthless dictatorships which allowed for the LGBT community to be labeled anything but normal.

You are starting to depress me , I now have this vision of you,you have become just some shabbily dressed little bureaucrat with a keybored in some corner with rights you should never have been given.

Obviously your right wing views are what has caused this forum to lapse into decay, and chased all the good posters away.

You can't strip laurals from me and award them to a forum maintenance person (who nobody ever heard of ) in my stead. I have single handedly cultivated the decay in CCC and refuse to share any credit whatsoever.

Count_Lothian
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Your support in bringing down western civilization will no doubt be recognized and rewarded by season bathhouse tickets.

You can't strip laurals from me and award them to a forum maintenance person (who nobody ever heard of ) in my stead. I have single handedly cultivated the decay in CCC and refuse to share any credit whatsoever.

You sir have been Awarded the Cross of Death from the house of Lothian for works well done .

your post made me laugh , and can I peek into the dark recesses of your beaver

Kreskin
+2
So if one's culture discriminates against another groups rights then the cultural practice is not a right. If that is the point he's making then he's 100 percent correct.

darkbeaver
Republican

You sir have been Awarded the Cross of Death from the house of Lothian for works well done .

your post made me laugh , and can I peek into the dark recesses of your beaver

I imagine the Cross of Death is awarded at some dinner engagement a big city. Send travel arrangments with the plane ticket and be advised I expect ten thousand per speaking engagement. Should I need a rental truck to transport the coveted Cross O Death? And is it gold or silver and of what approximate weight? I'll be busy this coming week buying cloths and having my toe nails trimmed.

BaalsTears
+1
Most majority cultures believe they have the right to discriminate against minority or weaker cultures. Who is to judge whether those other cultures are right or wrong?

darkbeaver
Republican
The non productive coupling of same sex humans is a self defeating non replicating waste of bodily fluids. Certainly the pushing of this issue over and above the primal meat and potato necessities will only harden the common mans resistance to change empty of profit or reason.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Joe Biden once said "a good stiff pickle in the yahoo is priceless."

that idiot plagiarist also said a lot of stupid sh!t over his so-called career:

Gaffes? Biden Has Long List to His Credit (external - login to view)

his fanboyzs don't impress me.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
The pro-discrimination crowd have a point. They realise that a level playing field diminishes their already England-like chances of success.

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Id say rights in general are. I never really cared for tradition anyway. Doing something just because its always been done never made sense to me. If it makes people feel good or something - fine, but I don't see it as a good enough reason to keep it going for everyone else.

The non productive coupling of same sex humans is a self defeating non replicating waste of bodily fluids.

So is hetero sex with birth control by that definition. Its fun, thats good enough both for homosexual sex and hetero-sex with birth control. Personally Ive never had sex with the intention of reproducing and don't see that happening for quite some time to come. Its just fun.

Who is to judge whether those other cultures are right or wrong?

Whoever wants to judge is to judge.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2
He is right because some times cultural and tradition. Its the the same as giving
equal rights to women or the slaves in the south Making them equal was against
culture and tradition too.
Progress is often painful and unpopular but culture and tradition must reconcile
its differences with history and freedom and equality
The old conservative traditions are going by the wayside and that is good we are
embracing the future conservatism is keep the same folks in power

Corduroy
+2
Bigots don't know what to think. On the one hand they hate LGBT people while on the other hand they hate other cultures. It must be hard for them.

Most majority cultures believe they have the right to discriminate against minority or weaker cultures. Who is to judge whether those other cultures are right or wrong?

How very liberal of you.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

The pro-discrimination crowd have a point. They realise that a level playing field diminishes their already England-like chances of success.

For a level playing field to exist the dirt must be packed over and over and over again. Are you accepting deposits? If so, I have a deposit to make.

Sincerely yours,

Ben Dover

Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Bigots don't know what to think. On the one hand they hate LGBT people while on the other hand they hate other cultures. It must be hard for them.

How very liberal of you.

Gweipo,

I don't have a problem with corksackers and chickenlickers. I just don't care about their predilections and activities. To me it's of no importance. However, I do care about the way they vote if they are Mei Guo ren, but not if they are Jianada ren.

As far as cultures are concerned, not all cultures are equal. That's why Mexico hasn't conquered Zhong Guo.

Sincerely yours,

Lao Peng

Kreskin

For a level playing field to exist the dirt must be packed over and over and over again. Are you accepting deposits? If so, I have a deposit to make.

Sincerely yours,

Ben Dover

Gweipo,

I don't have a problem with corksackers and chickenlickers. I just don't care about their predilections and activities. To me it's of no importance. However, I do care about the way they vote if they are Mei Guo ren, but not if they are Jianada ren.

As far as cultures are concerned, not all cultures are equal. That's why Mexico hasn't conquered Zhong Guo.

Sincerely yours,

Lao Peng

Are you looking for Phil McCracken?

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Whoever wants to judge is to judge.

That works.

Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Are you looking for Phil McCracken?

Elmer Fudd and I are waiting for Godot.

Count_Lothian

I imagine the Cross of Death is awarded at some dinner engagement a big city. Send travel arrangments with the plane ticket and be advised I expect ten thousand per speaking engagement. Should I need a rental truck to transport the coveted Cross O Death? And is it gold or silver and of what approximate weight? I'll be busy this coming week buying cloths and having my toe nails trimmed.

It's with amusement that The Count sees his sarcasm fell on deaf ears. In future the count shall remind himself who he is actually sharing his genius with.

spaminator

skookumchuck
Free Thinker
When liberal bellies are full they follow to wonderland. The day will come when they are hungry.

Count_Lothian
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

So if one's culture discriminates against another groups rights then the cultural practice is not a right. If that is the point he's making then he's 100 percent correct.

Ones culture is an interplay of social accepted norms.

What you posted reminds me of is the right to free speech, granted to us and now part of our culture.
We see it's faults ,even in the cases of the lowest common denominator who see that it can be a burden ,and laugh and just do the foulest with what they can get away with.

In this case LGBT is in it's infancy when it can be said it is part of our culture.

I have always been pro freedom for these people. Scorn family mocking at the dinner table when gathered in large numbers.
Post in favour of their rights here on this forum, bash any infinitesimal slur typed by anyone against LGBT anything.

Last night while viewing the news and seeing 110 Gay marriages performed at Casa Loma in Toronto at the cost of the City tax dollars, I was proud to be a member of this society. I thought how sophisticated our culture has become.

And then after seeing one too many guys kiss each other when the Reverend asked everyone to kiss their partner, I mouthed in a gasp "please stop"

The wife giggled knowing it was all really too much for me.

Then we settled in for our after the news pastime,watching Coronation Street. They are pushing out this gay couple and after three or four scenes of these two guys kissing each other I once again gasped "Please stop".

It was done in the privacy of my own home, no one that has to hear me shouting the odds about giving the LGBT full rights was there.

Just me and my cultural heritage. I think this is what Biden is hinting at.

gerryh
+1 / -1

And then after seeing one too many guys kiss each other when the Reverend asked everyone to kiss their partner, I mouthed in a gasp "please stop"

The wife giggled knowing it was all really too much for me.

They are pushing out this gay couple and after three or four scenes of these two guys kissing each other I once again gasped "Please stop".

It was done in the privacy of my own home, no one that has to hear me shouting the odds about giving the LGBT full rights was there.

Just me and my cultural heritage. I think this is what Biden is hinting at.

It highlights your hipocracy perfectly.

Count_Lothian
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

It highlights your hipocracy perfectly.

I was being honest about myself. Sharing something that if I were indeed a hypocrite I would not have shared.
It's all above your level of intelligence to comprehend.
You see Gerryh if you actually thought about what I wrote you would see that it wasn't hypocritical at all.
That is the lowest common denominator someone of your intelligence and capacity can produce.

You are just an angry little man with internet access that proves daily you are an idiot. An idiot, nothing more nothing less.

I still giggle at your hollow threat when I first came here about how you were going to get me and the childish words posed to RCS about how good you are at fighting here. Pathetic little creature.

coldstream
+2 / -2
Quote:

Let's see.. the 'right' to unresolved infantile fixations, rampant narcissism, self centred neuroses, fantasy ridden social isolation, stunted sexual and emotional maturity.. all the psychological substance of homosexuality.. uh.. yep.. those all sound more important than 'culture' and tradition. In fact they sound like they DEFINE modern culture, if not its tradition.

gerryh

I was being honest about myself. Sharing something that if I were indeed a hypocrite I would not have shared.
It's all above your level of intelligence to comprehend.
You see Gerryh if you actually thought about what I wrote you would see that it wasn't hypocritical at all.
That is the lowest common denominator someone of your intelligence and capacity can produce.

You are just an angry little man with internet access that proves daily you are an idiot. An idiot, nothing more nothing less.

I still giggle at your hollow threat when I first came here about how you were going to get me and the childish words posed to RCS about how good you are at fighting here. Pathetic little creature.

no, it shows your hipocracy. You are good at mouthing in public what you "think" you should mouth, but in private, when your true feelings about something come out, you state how you really feel about the whole thing.

you are for gay rights, as long as they keep it in the closet and out of your view.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

Let's see.. the 'right' to unresolved infantile fixations, rampant narcissism, self centred neuroses, fantasy ridden social isolation, stunted sexual and emotional maturity.. all the psychological substance of homosexuality.. uh.. yep.. those all sound more important than 'culture' and tradition. In fact they sound like they DEFINE modern culture, if not its tradition.

The only one here with a stunted sexual and emotional maturity, would be you.

Count_Lothian

There is a huge problem in the state with the concept of Gay Marriage.
They argue against it with terms such as culture and tradition.
It's that simple what the man is talking about, only an idiot would not see that.

no new posts