Whitefish

Locutus
+1
#1
^via sda

Liberals passed a bill to change this fish’s name because it is “hurtful” and “offensive”






Because banning names is all the rage with liberals these days, I thought I would remind you of this little gem from a couple months ago.


From Breitbart (external - login to view):

The Minnesota Senate approved John Hoffman’s (D-MN) bill to change the name “Asian carp” so called because the species originates from Asia, to “invasive carp”. Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970′s, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting off the most invasive species, the black carp from China, the Silver carp from Vietnam, and Grass carp from China from spreading into the Great Lakes were the fish could do massive damage the regions fishing industry. While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people
What animal is next? Black Bear? Siberian Tiger?


Liberals passed a bill to change this fish’s name because it is “hurtful” and “offensive” | Young Conservatives (external - login to view)

 
Twila
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
I remember when the black hole became a racist term...

Dallas County officials spar over ‘black hole’ comment | Dallas Morning News (external - login to view)
 
Nuggler
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

I remember when the black hole became a racist term...

Dallas County officials spar over ‘black hole’ comment | Dallas Morning News (external - login to view)


.........Funny, Twila. I musta been asleep that day.

good wan !


What would they do if it was called a Honkeyfish ?
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#4
How offensive would it be if we found the mysterious three peckered owl?
My dad must have seen one he often said something was as rare as a
three peckered owl.
I think the name is the name. Wait the Washington Red Skins should call
themselves the Washing Asian Carp or the white fish or ...
This is becoming the exam for mental competence its nuts
 
eh1eh
#5
I'm incensed. It should be 'whitey fish'. Get it right.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6
Ban the Ban.

 
eh1eh
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Ban the Ban.

Stuff is no good anyway.

 
Corduroy
+1
#8
Does whitefish go well on crackers?
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Stuff is no good anyway.

Well definitely not that one ^ circa (approx)1976, I don't know exactly what the shelf life is for deodorant but I'm fairly confident it's not 38 years, lol.
 
55Mercury
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

...^ circa (approx)1976...

are you going by the haircut?
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by 55MercuryView Post

are you going by the haircut?

Yeah, it's just a guess, lol.

Also the packaging.
 
petros
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Well definitely not that one ^ circa (approx)1976, I don't know exactly what the shelf life is for deodorant but I'm fairly confident it's not 38 years, lol.

I found a bottle of unopened Hai Karate in my uncle's thing when he passed. It smelled terrible just as it did in 1976. It made for a great gag gift last Christmas that is for sure because the person liked it.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I found a bottle of unopened Hai Karate in my uncle's thing when he passed. It smelled terrible just as it did in 1976. It made for a great gag gift last Christmas that is for sure because the person liked it.

I'm guessing you mean gag in the literal sense? lol.
 
Twila
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

How offensive would it be if we found the mysterious three peckered owl?

This sentence...just this sentence....lmao!
 
no new posts