Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right

Glenn Beck is admitting he was wrong and liberals were right for opposing the invasion of Iraq.

“[Liberals] said we couldn’t force freedom on people,” Beck said at the start of his Tuesday radio show. “Let me lead with my mistakes. You were right. Liberals, you were right, we shouldn’t have.”

Beck’s comments came as he discussed the increasingly partisan divide in politics, saying, “We were a mess in 2008. … It hasn’t gotten any better.” The radio personality explained his feelings that in the past five years the country has been “ripped apart.” To fix this divide, Beck called on the American people have to come together on some issues, such as the VA scandal and Iraq.

“From the beginning, most people on the left were against going to Iraq,” Beck said. “I wasn’t.”

The talk show host explained that when a possible invasion of Iraq was being discussed, he believed Saddam Hussein was backing terror against the United States and that something had to be done.

“In spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said, ‘We shouldn’t get involved, we shouldn’t nation-build and there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free,’” Beck said. “I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free.”

On Tuesday, Beck admitted, “You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else, it doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it.”

Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right - POLITICO.com

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No, I think he is saying he is unbalanced for agreeing with liberals.
Anyone know when the US got a Liberal Party?

I know it is a stinger TS... but our liberals out-left you guys all day long.

Maybe back in the day the Canadian conservative was comparable to a US Liberal but not anymore. And the US Libs are far more vicious.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Maybe back in the day the Canadian conservative was comparable to a US Liberal but not anymore. And the US Libs are far more vicious.

Ours at least have the good grace to self identify as such while yours hide under another name. Although our extreme left self identify as Non Democratic Parasites.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Oh I think they're literally identical in at least one way. They all can insert themselves in any hole that coughs up fame and fortune. For the most part they're interchangable, they all tend to exhibit the same skillful
lies while either smiling broadly or they go stony and talk in sober heavy patriotic gibberish. It's like a full deck of nothing but jokers. Nothing real gets by the doner sieve.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The real conservatives are more left in Canada we don't have the conservatives in power we
have the social misfits called Reform in power split with a scattering of Progressive Conservatives.
The progressive conservative element is the only symbol of sanity left in that crowd.
We Canadians hope to correct that by disposing of the Conservatives from Government.
2015 is closer every day.
In America by our standard the only liberal tinge is the Democrats but by our standard they are still
Conservatives. Except for a weak healthcare package that didn't go far enough. Should have cut
the for profit crowd out completely.and made it available to everyone
Nope not many real Liberals in America
And I applaud Beck for admitting he was wrong. The problem is the Bush crowd went in there and now
we as the western world will have to fight an ever increasing conflict against Muslim radical insanity

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Good of him to say it, but where are all the other right wing delusionals to fess up and admit they were wrong?

They promised Rush a bucket of pork and a golden shower but he's still on the sidelines.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The real conservatives are more left in Canada we don't have the conservatives in power we
have the social misfits called Reform in power split with a scattering of Progressive Conservatives.
The progressive conservative element is the only symbol of sanity left in that crowd.
We Canadians hope to correct that by disposing of the Conservatives from Government.
2015 is closer every day.
In America by our standard the only liberal tinge is the Democrats but by our standard they are still
Conservatives. Except for a weak healthcare package that didn't go far enough. Should have cut
the for profit crowd out completely.and made it available to everyone
Nope not many real Liberals in America
And I applaud Beck for admitting he was wrong. The problem is the Bush crowd went in there and now
we as the western world will have to fight an ever increasing conflict against Muslim radical insanity
When was the last time you were right ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Across the Americas several thousand of boys from their teens to the golden years finally dropped their balls and became men.

God Bless America!