Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right

mentalfloss
+3

Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right

Glenn Beck is admitting he was wrong and liberals were right for opposing the invasion of Iraq.

“[Liberals] said we couldn’t force freedom on people,” Beck said at the start of his Tuesday radio show. “Let me lead with my mistakes. You were right. Liberals, you were right, we shouldn’t have.”

Beck’s comments came as he discussed the increasingly partisan divide in politics, saying, “We were a mess in 2008. … It hasn’t gotten any better.” The radio personality explained his feelings that in the past five years the country has been “ripped apart.” To fix this divide, Beck called on the American people have to come together on some issues, such as the VA scandal and Iraq.

“From the beginning, most people on the left were against going to Iraq,” Beck said. “I wasn’t.”

The talk show host explained that when a possible invasion of Iraq was being discussed, he believed Saddam Hussein was backing terror against the United States and that something had to be done.

“In spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said, ‘We shouldn’t get involved, we shouldn’t nation-build and there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free,’” Beck said. “I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free.”

On Tuesday, Beck admitted, “You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else, it doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it.”

Glenn Beck admits: Liberals got Iraq right - POLITICO.com

Spade
Free Thinker
+2
In Canada, people of all political stripes (but not our present PM) were against Iraq Phase 2.

EagleSmack
+2
So Beck a conservative says liberals were right is being unbalanced.

Oooookaaaaay

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

So Beck a conservative says liberals were right is being unbalanced.

Oooookaaaaay

No, I think he is saying he is unbalanced for agreeing with liberals.
Anyone know when the US got a Liberal Party?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

No, I think he is saying he is unbalanced for agreeing with liberals.
Anyone know when the US got a Liberal Party?

I know it is a stinger TS... but our liberals out-left you guys all day long.

Maybe back in the day the Canadian conservative was comparable to a US Liberal but not anymore. And the US Libs are far more vicious.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1

Maybe back in the day the Canadian conservative was comparable to a US Liberal but not anymore. And the US Libs are far more vicious.

Ours at least have the good grace to self identify as such while yours hide under another name. Although our extreme left self identify as Non Democratic Parasites.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Ours at least have the good grace to self identify as such while yours hide under another name. Although our extreme left self identify as Non Democratic Parasites.

What name is that? Democrats?

darkbeaver
Republican
+2

Oh I think they're literally identical in at least one way. They all can insert themselves in any hole that coughs up fame and fortune. For the most part they're interchangable, they all tend to exhibit the same skillful
lies while either smiling broadly or they go stony and talk in sober heavy patriotic gibberish. It's like a full deck of nothing but jokers. Nothing real gets by the doner sieve.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
The real conservatives are more left in Canada we don't have the conservatives in power we
have the social misfits called Reform in power split with a scattering of Progressive Conservatives.
The progressive conservative element is the only symbol of sanity left in that crowd.
We Canadians hope to correct that by disposing of the Conservatives from Government.
2015 is closer every day.
In America by our standard the only liberal tinge is the Democrats but by our standard they are still
Conservatives. Except for a weak healthcare package that didn't go far enough. Should have cut
the for profit crowd out completely.and made it available to everyone
Nope not many real Liberals in America
And I applaud Beck for admitting he was wrong. The problem is the Bush crowd went in there and now
we as the western world will have to fight an ever increasing conflict against Muslim radical insanity

B00Mer
Republican
+1

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+4
#11  Top Rated Post
Good of him to say it, but where are all the other right wing delusionals to fess up and admit they were wrong?

mentalfloss
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Good of him to say it, but where are all the other right wing delusionals to fess up and admit they were wrong?

They promised Rush a bucket of pork and a golden shower but he's still on the sidelines.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

They promised Rush a bucket of pork and a golden shower but he's still on the sidelines.

Throw in a couple Dominican child prostitutes and a half-dozen hits of Oxy and he's all yours.

petros
+1
Life as we know it has ended. What happens now?

BaalsTears
Was Bill Clinton also wrong about Iraq?

darkbeaver
Republican
+2
Glen Beck is scum of the earth.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The real conservatives are more left in Canada we don't have the conservatives in power we
have the social misfits called Reform in power split with a scattering of Progressive Conservatives.
The progressive conservative element is the only symbol of sanity left in that crowd.
We Canadians hope to correct that by disposing of the Conservatives from Government.
2015 is closer every day.
In America by our standard the only liberal tinge is the Democrats but by our standard they are still
Conservatives. Except for a weak healthcare package that didn't go far enough. Should have cut
the for profit crowd out completely.and made it available to everyone
Nope not many real Liberals in America
And I applaud Beck for admitting he was wrong. The problem is the Bush crowd went in there and now
we as the western world will have to fight an ever increasing conflict against Muslim radical insanity

When was the last time you were right ?

Praxius
Free Thinker
+2
Quote:

On Tuesday, Beck admitted, “You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else, it doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it.”

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Rush says BLAME OBAMA:

RUSH: Iraq is Owned By Obama - Fox Nation

petros
Across the Americas several thousand of boys from their teens to the golden years finally dropped their balls and became men.

God Bless America!

mentalfloss

Rush says BLAME OBAMA:

RUSH: Iraq is Owned By Obama - Fox Nation

He's better of blaming O'Reilly.

Praxius
Free Thinker
Quote:

^Just to bounce back to this quote:

Exactly how many lives on both sides of the conflict (US, Iraq, Australia, UK, etc.) have had to die for him to come to such an epiphany?

I guess they all had to be sacrificed for Glenn Beck to learn something.

I suppose he could have also picked up a damn history book to learn something too, but.... you know... it's not as exciting or ratings-driving.

petros
Stupid is as stupid does.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Exactly how many lives on both sides of the conflict (US, Iraq, Australia, UK, etc.) have had to die for him to come to such an epiphany?

I suppose he could have also picked up a damn history book to learn something too, but.... you know... it's not as exciting or ratings-driving.

B-b-but terrorists and Al-Jazeeeera!!!

Kreskin
Where I had an issue with going into Iraq was not about who they were overthrowing but what the end game would be. President Bush may have had all the right reasons and motives, even aside from WMD's, but the area is very politically complicated. How could anyone predict an outcome aside from massive destruction?

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Where I had an issue with going into Iraq was not about who they were overthrowing but what the end game would be. President Bush may have had all the right reasons and motives, even aside from WMD's, but the area is very politically complicated. How could anyone predict an outcome aside from massive destruction?

Since the goal was to protect US business interests in the region that may very well have been the end game.

Praxius
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Ah Ha!

There's the Weapons of Mass Destruction.... It was the people of Iraq themselves. Saddam was hiding them in plain sight the entire time.

When we were shown those satellite images of those hangers, they weren't point to the hangers themselves but the people walking around them. Bush and his crew tried so hard to tell the world that the WMD's were Right There but the world didn't understand.

My frigging God.... George Bush was a GENIUS after all!!!

*takes another hit from the bong*
Last edited by Praxius; Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:00 AM..

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

more importantly - how many more must die before right wing Americans learn that these adventures are for war profits and not for our good or the good of democracy???

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Conservatives. Except for a weak healthcare package that didn't go far enough.

You're so high.

You DG are so far right than any US Liberal. They'd be all over you because of your right wing views. You're a Tea Partier for crying out loud.

more importantly - how many more must die before right wing Americans learn that these adventures are for war profits and not for our good or the good of democracy???

Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq - Business Insider

B00Mer
Republican

You're so high.

You DG are so far right than any US Liberal. They'd be all over you because of your right wing views. You're a Tea Partier for crying out loud.

Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq - Business Insider

Old news.. they are there to protect the embassy... after Benghazi what would you expect. They are not fighting ground troops.