IRS claims they lost Lois Lernerís emails (you know, the good ones)

Locutus
Iím gonna just go ahead and say this is nothing but a bunch of HOOEY:
WASHINGTON TIMES Ė The IRS told Congress on Friday that it has lost some of former employee Lois G. Lernerís emails, including some covering communications with Democrats in Congress and with other parts of the government, according to the Houseís top tax-law writer.

Rep. Dave Camp, chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, said he was stunned that it took more than a year into the investigation for the IRS to inform Congress that it didnít have those emails.

The agency blamed a computer crash for the mishap.

ďThe fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRSís response to congressional inquiries,Ē Mr. Camp said. ďThere needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.Ē
The IRS is obviously steeped in corruption. If this isnít an argument to abolish the IRS, I donít know what is.

IRS claims they lost Lois Lernerís emails (you know, the good ones) ¬Ľ The Right Scoop -

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

Oddly, government can produce all of your emails from 2009-2011.

and...

Nixon, 1973: 18 minute gap. IRS, 2014: 700,000 minute gap.

DTH ‏@DavidTHogan

@iowahawkblog @charlescwcooke This needs to be in every press conference/interview/Sunday talk show

The agency blamed a

computer crash

for the mishap.

BaalsTears
+1
How believable is it that the emails were lost? Has anyone heard of data recovery. There's an entire industry based on it. How believable is it that the IRS didn't have backup?

Does anyone remember the eighteen minutes of erased Nixon Watergate tapes? That enraged the country, and was one of the events that brought down a president. Americans in the current era aren't very similar to those Traditional Americans from the early seventies. Americans today are more like livestock.

Kreskin
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
Check with Snowden.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Check with Snowden.

I don't know about Snowden. He is part hero and part traitor. However, I do believe in Glenn Greenwald. It would appear Greenwald is the only American to have acted honorably over the course of the last ten years.

Btw, on the subject of the lost Lois Lerner emails, the dog ate my homework.

Locutus

The People's Cube ‏@ThePeoplesCube

Hey libs. How many phony scandals do you know where 2 years of email just disappear #tcot

Highball
Why does this announcement surprise us? Look at previous issues surrounding some very sensitive documents in question. All the communications relevant to the investigation suddenly disappeared just before they were ordered to be brought forth. This is our government in action folks.

Locutus

Ben Howe ‏@BenHowe

All this time I thought Lois Lerner had incriminating information. Now I believe she has presidency-ending information.
#DeleteGate

Locutus
so everyone has naturally heard about this by now...*ahem*...

Ari FleischerVerified account ‏@AriFleischer

1 reason USA is polarized is bcause of what MSM doesn't report. No NYT coverage of Lois Lerner's lost emails. How is that not a story??

EagleSmack
+1
This administration has to be the most corrupt ever.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Those e-mails are with Nixon's eighteen minutes and Bush's Iraqi WMDs.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

This administration has to be the most corrupt ever.

Does BHO know about this or has he not read the papers yet?

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Those e-mails are with Nixon's eighteen minutes and Bush's Iraqi WMDs.

Nixon, 1973: 18 minute gap. IRS, 2014: 700,000 minute gap.

thanks for playing kid.

Locutus
James WoodsVerified account ‏@RealJamesWoods

How the IRS 'lost' Lois Lerner's e-mails http://usat.ly/1ihMKmI via I wonder how the MSM lapdogs can keep a straight face?

How the IRS 'lost' Lois Lerner's e-mails

How the IRS 'lost' Lois Lerner's e-mails

EagleSmack
I don't have a proper metaphor but this makes Nixon's Watergate look like a high school prank.

But it is Obama's Administration so...

Colpy
Conservative
As usual, best comment yet is from Mark Steyn:

"They're openly sneering at us now. Late on Friday, the Internal Revenue Service revealed that two-and-a-quarter years of Lois Lerner's emails have been "lost"

"Over the weekend, Charles Krauthammer and Peggy Noonan and George Will compared Lois Lerner's missing two-and-a-quarter years to Rose Mary Woods' missing eighteen-and-a-half minutes. President Nixon's secretary - the soi-disant "Fifth Nixon" - died in 2005,"

"You could fill a memorial library with novels set in the Seventies in which she serves as the instant all-purpose cultural allusion. She's there in Rick Moody's The Ice Storm, and Delia Ephron's Hanging Up, and Wally Lamb's She's Come Undone, and Robert Ludlum's Apocalypse Watch ("I figured we had one of those Rose Mary Woods things"). In Samuel Shem's The House of God four generations of a family gather for dinner, and Rose's turn provides fun for young and old:
Spurred on by the news photos of Rose Mary Woods spread-eagled between the foot pedal of her tape recorder and the phone behind her as if awaiting a quick roll in the hay with Nixon, we laughed and chortled together that now, finally, Nixon was going to get his… My brother's four-year-old daughter… was learning to play with her toy phone by picking it up and spread-eagling herself and screaming RO-MARY REACH RO-MARY REACH…
"Does anyone think Lois Lerner will rate a barrel-load of novels and parody awards? Most Americans have no idea who she is because, unlike Rose Mary Woods, the media have declined to make her a punchline. On Saturday, Ms Lerner failed to make the front page of The New York Times - or any other page. Emboldened by the acquiescence of the media's court eunuchs, American government is on the move, exiting the First World and heading for banana-republic territory, at quite a clip.
So, like a Gay Nineties boulevardier riddled with tertiary syphilis, the diseased IRS staggers on. Benghazi and Baghdad are far away, but the most powerful revenue agency on the planet is in your home, in your bank, in your credit card statements. If the IRS is corrupt, it wouldn't matter if every other federal agency were squeaky clean, which they certainly aren't. But it's beyond that: the IRS is systemically corrupt, and they're getting away with it. Which means that they'll keep doing it, and worse.
If you listen carefully, that sound you hear in the two-year static of vaporized evidence is your government laughing at you."

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Emails :: SteynOnline

Locutus

"When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal"

Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever - Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com

EagleSmack
Lost what? They didn't "lose" anything... the IRS destroyed the hard drives!

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Lost what? They didn't "lose" anything... the IRS destroyed the hard drives!

The emails live on other drives and any knowledgeable I-T geek will be able to retrieve them.

Tecumsehsbones
Bizarre. As the old saying goes, it's not the conduct, it's the cover-up that gets you. In this case, neither Lerner nor the IRS did anything wrong in the first place, but now they're doing everything they can to cover that up.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Bizarre. As the old saying goes, it's not the conduct, it's the cover-up that gets you. In this case, neither Lerner nor the IRS did anything wrong in the first place, but now they're doing everything they can to cover that up.

Right .

EagleSmack
Ooookay

BaalsTears
It's frightening when the instruments of govt. power are used for political purposes to undermine the rights of ordinary Americans. That action delegitimizes the govt.

B00Mer
Republican
Double take;

I read: ISIS claims they lost Lois Lerner’s emails (you know, the good ones)

Locutus
the um, MSM, *ahem* is sure quiet about this.

"When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal"

Ryan to IRS Commissioner: 'I don't believe you' (Video)
"You are the Internal Revenue Service," he said. "You can reach into the lives of hard-working taxpayers and with a phone call, an e-mail or a letter you can turn their lives upside down. You ask taxpayers to hand onto seven years of their personal tax information in case they are ever audited and you can't keep six months worth of employee e-mails? And now that we are seeing this investigation, you don't have the e-mails, hard drives crashed. You learned about this months ago. You just told us, and we had to ask you on Monday."

This is not being forthcoming, he said.

"This is being misleading again," Ryan said. "This is a pattern of abuse, a pattern of behavior that is not giving us any confidence that this agency is being impartial. I don't believe you. This is incredible."

Koskinen retorted he'd had a "long career" and never been told no one believed him.

"I don't believe you," Ryan said again.
"When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal" - Small Dead Animals

I give you youngins' the very first mic drop to honor Mr Ryan:

eddie murphy - delirious Shut up bitch - YouTube

Colpy
Conservative
+2
I have no idea how anyone can continue to defend the current US administration.

BaalsTears
Lois Lerner's emails haven't been lost. The NSA intercepts everything. It has the metadata. That tells us who the parties to the email communications were. With that knowledge it is possible to subpoena the email records of the parties to the email communications outside of the IRS.

captain morgan
Bloc Quťbťcois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Lois Lerner's emails haven't been lost. The NSA intercepts everything. It has the metadata. That tells us who the parties to the email communications were. With that knowledge it is possible to subpoena the email records of the parties to the email communications outside of the IRS.

One time when I was a kid, the dog chewed-up and ate most of my homework... maybe that's what happened to Lois

Locutus
a boastful retro tweet from 2009:

Sonasoft.com ‏@Sonasoft

If the IRS uses Sonasoft products to backup their servers why wouldn't you choose them to protect your severs? Email Archiving, Email Archiving for Exchange Server

Yeah, about that…

darkbeaver
Republican
This scandal has to go away. Heads will roll, falls off buildings, accidents, sudden illnesses, mysterious vanishings couple of weeks no body left remembering anything

Locutus
Simple bald-face lying in this one brother. Pisses me off.

no new posts