Agriculture Department puts in request to buy body armor

Locutus
because...

oh fuk...even I can't even come up with anything for these idiots...anyway:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (external - login to view) has put in an acquisition request to buy body armor — specifically, “ballistic vests, compliant with NIJ 0101.06 for Level IIIA Ballistic Resistance of body armor,” the solicitation stated.

The request was put in writing and posted on May 7 — just a few days before the same agency sought “the commercial acquisition of submachine guns” equipped for 30-round magazines, Breitbart reported.

The May 7 solicitation reads: “The U.S. Department of Agriculture (external - login to view), Office of Inspector General, [seeks] Body Armor [that’s] gender specific, lightweight, [containing] plate/pad (hard or soft) and concealable carrier. [Also a] tactical vest, undergarment (white), identification patches, accessories (6 pouches), body armor carry bag and professional measurements,” Breitbart reported.

more rambone stuff

Agriculture Department puts in request to buy body armor - Washington Times (external - login to view)

petros
+1
In case the Muzzie farmers attack by flying combines into sports stadiums.

BornRuff
Well, they do have law enforcement agencies under their purview, so it that is probably where they are going.

The fact that the US has so many different law enforcement agencies is probably not all that efficient.

petros
Usdea

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Well, they do have law enforcement agencies under their purview, so it that is probably where they are going.

The fact that the US has so many different law enforcement agencies is probably not all that efficient.

They may have to deal with Cliven Bundy types.

I agree with your comment. I've always thought all the alphabet-soup Federal law enforcement agencies should be brought under the mantle of the U.S. Marshal's Service. Improve the boots-to-suits ratio.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

because...

oh fuk...even I can't even come up with anything for these idiots...anyway:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (external - login to view) has put in an acquisition request to buy body armor — specifically, “ballistic vests, compliant with NIJ 0101.06 for Level IIIA Ballistic Resistance of body armor,” the solicitation stated.

The request was put in writing and posted on May 7 — just a few days before the same agency sought “the commercial acquisition of submachine guns” equipped for 30-round magazines, Breitbart reported.

The May 7 solicitation reads: “The U.S. Department of Agriculture (external - login to view), Office of Inspector General, [seeks] Body Armor [that’s] gender specific, lightweight, [containing] plate/pad (hard or soft) and concealable carrier. [Also a] tactical vest, undergarment (white), identification patches, accessories (6 pouches), body armor carry bag and professional measurements,” Breitbart reported.

more rambone stuff

Agriculture Department puts in request to buy body armor - Washington Times (external - login to view)

Maybe it has something to do with those invading worms we were hearing about a few weeks back?

Seriously if the US Department of Agriculture have pissed the farmers off this much, maybe they should rethink their approach instead of gearing up for war. Because that's what they're going to end up getting.

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

They may have to deal with Cliven Bundy types.

I agree with your comment. I've always thought all the alphabet-soup Federal law enforcement agencies should be brought under the mantle of the U.S. Marshal's Service. Improve the boots-to-suits ratio.

While these agencies may have their own specialized needs when it comes to investigations, I would imagine that when it comes time to break out the sub machine guns, much of the departmental knowledge falls by the wayside.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
This must be the reason they wanted the body armor!

Here piggy, piggy (external - login to view)

In case the pigs shoot back.

Quote:

"We're going to get them, oh yes we are," said Jason Wilking with USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

Go get 'em Jason!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

While these agencies may have their own specialized needs when it comes to investigations, I would imagine that when it comes time to break out the sub machine guns, much of the departmental knowledge falls by the wayside.

Dare I say it? Perhaps we should model our Federal law enforcement agencies on. . . oh, I just can't say it!

Let's just call it "a certain group of red-coated peace officers to the north."

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Maybe the dirt cops are afraid of an attack by killer bees?

grumpydigger
Probably the same reason why when you go into the Worker's Compensation office there behind 2 inches of bulletproof glass.

They pissed off so many people

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

This must be the reason they wanted the body armor!

Here piggy, piggy (external - login to view)

In case the pigs shoot back.

Go get 'em Jason!

Oh my, they're going to bring home the bacon! that's not something usually said in response to governmental anything!

Feral pigs are dangerous. With a poverty being so high, you'd think they'd offer some hunters a few licenses and some proper hunting rifles to go an get that roaming food.

Highball
More evidence of efforts to militarize the US systems and build a second "Private Army?"

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Everybody complains about these type of purchaces until the Zombie Apocolypse. And boy are they grateful then.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Oh my, they're going to bring home the bacon! that's not something usually said in response to governmental anything!

Feral pigs are dangerous. With a poverty being so high, you'd think they'd offer some hunters a few licenses and some proper hunting rifles to go an get that roaming food.

They do. Sort of. Some food banks refuse wild meat. How ridiculous is that?

Hunters for the Hungry — A program of the Texas Food Bank Network, a 501(c)(3) organization (external - login to view)

ckom.com/story/hunters-asked-...od-bank/135404 (external - login to view)

Wild game meat not welcome at Ontario food banks | National Post

Twila
+2
#16  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

They do. Sort of. Some food banks refuse wild meat. How ridiculous is that?

Hunters for the Hungry — A program of the Texas Food Bank Network, a 501(c)(3) organization (external - login to view)

Hunters asked to donate extra meat to Saskatoon Food Bank | News Talk 650 CKOM (external - login to view)

Wild game meat not welcome at Ontario food banks | National Post

That is ridiculous. I'm sure there are many people who'd be thrilled to have wild game. If they have left overs and are worried about it going bad then they could hold an auction. Sell of the game meat and use the money to buy "acceptable" food. I'd be thrilled at the opportunity to buy game meat in my city. Currently I have to take time off work to go to Coquitlam and buy it.

Quote: Originally Posted by HighballView Post

More evidence of efforts to militarize the US systems and build a second "Private Army?"

A private army to fight pigs? hmmm, doesn't appear to be so very secret...we know about it. lol.

petros

That is ridiculous. I'm sure there are many people who'd be thrilled to have wild game. If they have left overs and are worried about it going bad then they could hold an auction. Sell of the game meat and use the money to buy "acceptable" food. I'd be thrilled at the opportunity to buy game meat in my city. Currently I have to take time off work to go to Coquitlam and buy it.

What do you buy? Elk? Bison? Boar?

Spade
Free Thinker

A private army to fight pigs? hmmm, doesn't appear to be so very secret...we know about it. lol.

"Hope the Yankee pigs don't find out!"
HQ in Cow Quit Lamb

In case the Muzzie farmers attack by flying combines into sports stadiums.

One would've thought US Anti-Combines Acts were sufficient ptotection.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

"Hope the Yankee pigs don't find out!"
HQ in Cow Quit Lamb

One would've thought US Anti-Combines Acts were sufficient ptotection.

Along with the "no farm list" it not as bad as we are lead to believe.

Twila
+1

What do you buy? Elk? Bison? Boar?

elk, venison, organic chicken and turkey, They have a great ground game mix of 40% bison, 20% ostrich, 20% venison which makes amazing burgers and such. We bought kangaroo once, didn't have a very good recipe though and it was comme ci comme ça.

I really want to try the camel, but haven't a good camel roast recipe.

The one thing they don't have is moose. Which is very very sad...

petros
I tried kangaroo three weeks back. It tasted like fish and was really stringy. Not my thing.

Which shop in Coq?

Twila
+1

I tried kangaroo three weeks back. It tasted like fish and was really stringy. Not my thing.

Which shop in Coq?

I'd read you have to seer kangaroo first or cook it on really high heat.

Hills Foods in Coquitlam. They have an amazing selection of meat. THey also have some wonderful specialty items in their store. Interesting jellies and jams made from native plants and such.

Wild Game & Certified Organic meats - Alligator,Bison,Beef,Chicken,Elk,Ostrich,Kangaroo, Camel,Vita Eggs, and Wild Boar - Hills Foods (external - login to view)

petros
I know that place. It's across from two parrots pub. They do have good meats.