Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town

spaminator
Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town
QMI AGENCY
First posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 08:33 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:53 PM EDT
A Texas teen has been sworn in as mayor of Archer City, a small municipality that only had the high school student throw his hat in the ring in the latest mayoral race.
Kelvin Cletus Green, 18, took office Friday after an official swearing-in ceremony.
"It's a good feeling," Green said according to Townhall.com, "gives you something good to wake up about in the morning."
Green's first challenge will be a drought that is expected to hit the area.
According to the 2010 census Archer City, 40 kilometres south of Witchita Falls, Tex., has a population of 1,834 in an area of 5.7 square kilometres.
The newly elected Mayor of Archer City in Texas, Kelvin Cletus Green (L). (Twitter/Kelvin Cletus Green)

Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

Praxius
Free Thinker
well at least the youth are getting involved in politics.

Walter
Good for him. In TX there is low unemployment so probably any adult that would qualify for the mayor's job has a job that pays more.

Blackleaf
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Texas's economy is the fourth-largest of any country subdivision in the world, behind England, California, and Tokyo Prefecture.

There's a little stat you probably didn't know.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Texas's economy is the fourth-largest of any country subdivision in the world, behind England, California, and Tokyo Prefecture.

There's a little stat you probably didn't know.

And of the 4, Tokyo has the smallest population by far.

B00Mer
Republican
+1 / -2
/\ /\ You two should get a room. /\ /\

Good for the kid, he may go far in politics... maybe our next Republican President some day.

You Mad Walter -1, shouldn't you be at work this morning checking bags at the local WalMart.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

/\ /\ You two should get a room. /\ /\

Good for the kid, he may go far in politics... maybe our next Republican President some day.

You Mad Walter -1, shouldn't you be at work this morning checking bags at the local WalMart.

Stat holiday today. I never get mad, it's a waste of energy.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Yeah for those living in Canuckistan ...

I get Memorial weekend next weekend.

Walter
Enjoy, it'll be Indy 500 weekend, too.
Last edited by Walter; May 19th, 2014 at 08:12 AM..

Praxius
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Oh, and I just neg repped ya simply because I wanted to fit in.

there was nothing I agreed or disagreed with in your post Boomer. That big -1 you posted kinda enticed my button pushing a little more to the right. Damn subliminal imagery.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Oh, and I just neg repped ya simply because I wanted to fit in.

there was nothing I agreed or disagreed with in your post Boomer. That big -1 you posted kinda enticed my button pushing a little more to the right. Damn subliminal imagery.

From hell's heart I stab at thee!
--Capt. Ahab, Moby ****

Praxius
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

From hell's heart I stab at thee!
--Capt. Ahab, Moby ****

Picard39s White Whale - YouTube

shadowshiv
Free Thinker
+1
I hope it works out better for him than it did for the mayor of Banshee (which is an excellent show, by the way).

JLM
No Party Affiliation
He may want to consult Rob to "learn the ropes".

no new posts