Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town
QMI AGENCY
First posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 08:33 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:53 PM EDT
A Texas teen has been sworn in as mayor of Archer City, a small municipality that only had the high school student throw his hat in the ring in the latest mayoral race.
Kelvin Cletus Green, 18, took office Friday after an official swearing-in ceremony.
"It's a good feeling," Green said according to Townhall.com, "gives you something good to wake up about in the morning."
Green's first challenge will be a drought that is expected to hit the area.
According to the 2010 census Archer City, 40 kilometres south of Witchita Falls, Tex., has a population of 1,834 in an area of 5.7 square kilometres.
The newly elected Mayor of Archer City in Texas, Kelvin Cletus Green (L). (Twitter/Kelvin Cletus Green)

Teen sworn in as mayor of Texas town | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Good for him. In TX there is low unemployment so probably any adult that would qualify for the mayor's job has a job that pays more.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Texas's economy is the fourth-largest of any country subdivision in the world, behind England, California, and Tokyo Prefecture.

There's a little stat you probably didn't know.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Texas's economy is the fourth-largest of any country subdivision in the world, behind England, California, and Tokyo Prefecture.

There's a little stat you probably didn't know.
And of the 4, Tokyo has the smallest population by far.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
/\ /\ You two should get a room. /\ /\

Good for the kid, he may go far in politics... maybe our next Republican President some day.

You Mad Walter -1, shouldn't you be at work this morning checking bags at the local WalMart.

Stat holiday today. I never get mad, it's a waste of energy.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Enjoy, it'll be Indy 500 weekend, too.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Stat holiday today. I never get mad, it's a waste of energy.

Oh, and I just neg repped ya simply because I wanted to fit in.

there was nothing I agreed or disagreed with in your post Boomer. That big -1 you posted kinda enticed my button pushing a little more to the right. Damn subliminal imagery. :twisted:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh, and I just neg repped ya simply because I wanted to fit in.

there was nothing I agreed or disagreed with in your post Boomer. That big -1 you posted kinda enticed my button pushing a little more to the right. Damn subliminal imagery. :twisted:

From hell's heart I stab at thee!
--Capt. Ahab, Moby ****

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I hope it works out better for him than it did for the mayor of Banshee (which is an excellent show, by the way).;)