Seriously....this is why ...

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+2
I know I break my own code regarding generalizing and judging and making blanket statements. This is known to me when I make sweeping statements regarding the Republican party. I know not all Republicans want to decimate the poor, put women down, support corporate over the individual, support god and guns over human rights.

When others of either side generalize and box people, I think they display a lack of critical thinking and fear.

But really folks you have to understand that a LOT of Americans who can hardly put a sentence together post crap like THIS on my FB feed daily.

So please forgive me...but REALLY............it just makes me fuking crazy when I see this s hit day in and day out, and the rest of the stuff they post is barely literate...and I can't say anything because they really are nice people in that they treat me well they would treat me well if they met me... but wow...it just makes me nuts and they won't ever understand why so...I spout off here...

This was just one of MANY posted today by a woman whose son just became a marine. She posts this kind of junk throughout the day. So kudos to her kid and her excitement.

But omg.

BaalsTears
+2
I block such posts and label it as Spam when FB asks me why I don't want to see it any more.

Twila
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
I hear ya.

I get the Cure Cancer product sh!t from friends who should know better. Or a million clicks will save this child. I usually just post a science lesson on how cancer cells work or snopes articles disputing the their claim.

I'm finding all the uplifting quotes quite annoying too. They're blanket statements which are suppose to be uplifting, but they're just drivel and when the only thing these people post are these quotes I wonder what's going on in their head. Are they hinting at someone, are they having these issues themselves? I think I'll just send them an invite to Pinterest for every tenth quote they post.

eh1eh
+3

And your education is a threat to anyone in power.
These guys got it right. If their guy was in power the same would be true.

tay
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I know I break my own code regarding generalizing and judging and making blanket statements. This is known to me when I make sweeping statements regarding the Republican party. I know not all Republicans want to decimate the poor, put women down, support corporate over the individual, support god and guns over human rights.

When others of either side generalize and box people, I think they display a lack of critical thinking and fear.

But really folks you have to understand that a LOT of Americans who can hardly put a sentence together post crap like THIS on my FB feed daily.

So please forgive me...but REALLY............it just makes me fuking crazy when I see this s hit day in and day out, and the rest of the stuff they post is barely literate...and I can't say anything because they really are nice people in that they treat me well they would treat me well if they met me... but wow...it just makes me nuts and they won't ever understand why so...I spout off here...

This was just one of MANY posted today by a woman whose son just became a marine. She posts this kind of junk throughout the day. So kudos to her kid and her excitement.

But omg.

Maybe you should explain to the woman that by her son becoming a Marine he is now a government employee sucking in taxpayers money to fulfill his wages...........

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Um. . . I agree with the picture. So would the Founders. Government and those in government should always be viewed with scepticism, and even downright suspicion. Anybody with that kind of power should.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
I tend to ignore the politics on Facebook although most of the posts I get are from the far left. A lot of people share their political leanings on Facebook. I guess they figure that some how a weak minded individual will see their meme or whitisism and suddenly change political stripes. Or more likely they will get a whole bunch of likes from their friends of similar politics. (I have sometimes wondered why Facebook doesn't have a dislike function but then I read the regular discussions here on neg reps and it answers my question.)

If it bothers you, remove their friendship (unless of course like in my case its a relative). Or just move on to the next post. If you are brave, comment on the post.

Kreskin
+1
The Founders created documents that lack a great deal of clarity so I treat any reference to their intentions with a dose of scepticism too.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I tend to ignore the politics on Facebook although most of the posts I get are from the far left. A lot of people share their political leanings on Facebook. I guess they figure that some how a weak minded individual will see their meme or whitisism and suddenly change political stripes. Or more likely they will get a whole bunch of likes from their friends of similar politics. (I have sometimes wondered why Facebook doesn't have a dislike function but then I read the regular discussions here on neg reps and it answers my question.)

If it bothers you, remove their friendship (unless of course like in my case its a relative). Or just move on to the next post. If you are brave, comment on the post.

I actually did consider removing her but she does PM every once in a while and we've been hooked up on there for a long time. She would feel hurt and slighted. This was just the one she posted at that moment I checked in...usually with her there are 8 to 10 anti-Obama posts per day. I don't care what the posts say any more this one is tame, most of hers aren't the: if they don't like our country they can go home that adorns the feeds throughout the day from others.

Every once in a while, something just gets on your last nerve.

She doesn't post anti-Mexican propaganda regarding their speech either. There's a lot of that sombrero stuff that goes up.

This one just irritated me because of the irony regarding ignorance, it is beyond me how anyone could be that obsessed with another individual in order to seek out multiple posts on Obama every single day.

On the up side, at least it isn't that fool Bush posted on the feed, swallowing that horse dung about how wonderful he was that was actually worse. I sure suffered throughout his reign.

no new posts