The Pig Trap

Locutus
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do ‘Til the Revolution (1996)

I had a very memorable and thought-provoking passenger a while back that I never wrote about because while I found him fascinating, he seemed a little too political for what was always intended to be a fun blog to read and some cheap therapy for your humble driver and writer.

But in light of all the scandals that have erupted lately and the EpicClusterSharknadoFukk that is ObamaCare, I have been thinking about a few things he said to me, so I’m going to commit them to paper (or pixels), if only for my own reading. So if you just want to read about moron drunks and belligerent whoaress, skip this post…

But if you are interested in catching up on current events that just might personally affect you soon, please read on…

good readin' here:

The Pig Trap ¬ę Taxicab Depressions (external - login to view)

nice comment from below the post:

"This isn’t a Republican vs. Democrat issue, it isn’t even a conservative vs. liberal issue… this is an American vs. un-American issue. Do you wish to be a free American, or will you accept becoming a slave to a massive and all-powerful police state? You are either an advocate for freedom and limited government, or you are an advocate for tyranny. There is no gray area, no middle ground to be found here. This government has slowly amassed powers over the last hundred years that would horrify the Founders of this nation. As I stated earlier, I can’t believe the shooting hasn’t already started."

BaalsTears
How do Americans who believe in Individual Liberty deal with the Pig Trap. Imo the first step is to get one's mind right. For those of us who have loved Uncle Sam all of our lives it is very difficult to accept the fact that Uncle Sam turned out to be a monster. People need to learn this fact, live this fact, and fully embrace it. Once Uncle Sam is delegitimized in one's heart and mind it is necessary to delegitimize Uncle Sam in the minds of others. Folks who aren't dependent on Uncle Sam economically or philosophically, can be reasoned with. Folks who are dependent on Uncle Sam economically or philosophically can't be persuaded, but they can be demoralized and depressed by asking them questions which force them to confront the inconsistencies and pathologies that have metastasized around Uncle Sam. Shatter the myths in which they believe.

The next steps involve infiltrating the federal govt., increasing its costs, and decreasing its revenues. Mass non-violent action will be required to stress Uncle Sam. Unfortunately, some resistors will have to throw their flesh and against federal steel and allow themselves to be martyred. Martyrs can be used to further the process of delegitimizing Uncle Sam.

Uncle Sam can't be saved, but the existing order can be destroyed through chaos. Chaos can be brought about by a non-violent form of open source warfare. At this phase the pigs fight back by showing the herd that Uncle Sam can't help them.

The Old Medic
Conservative
More, and stinkier, bull manure is being spread around by people like this.

I hate to tell you, but beginning with Thomas Jefferson, the government began to become corrupted. Andrew Jackson openly defied the Supreme Court, refusing to follow its legal rulings. Abraham Lincoln openly flouted the laws of the USA, and also refused to follow the rulings of the Supreme Court. He declared "Martial Law" just to suppress his critics, etc., etc. When the courts said, "You can't do that", he just went ahead and did it anyway.

Presidents have been adding to the uses of their powers since Washington.

I just love to see the people that say, in effect, "we will SAVE America, by destroying it."

Most of them have no real concept of the actual history of the USA; don't have a clue about the many laws that Congress has passed and that the various Presidents have signed; the Treaties that the USA has agreed to and that have been accepted by the Senate (each of those treaties binds this country by law); etc., etc.

They also do not appear to realize that we are no longer a grossly underpopulated country, with the vast majority of its people living on the fringes of civilization.

They find it perfectly OK for the USA to annex lands that do not belong to them, but then object when the people that used to own those lands demand the right to live on them. Overthrowing legitimate governments was great, it added more land to the good old USA. Subsidizing rebels was also great (Texas and Hawaii), as long as the USA got the land.

The United States of American has been changing, ever since the Constitution was first ratified. It will continue to evolve as needed. That is the REAL strength of our Constitution, it can be, and has been, amended as the need arises. It is a flexible document, that allows for experimentation.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
There's the matter of the 93 trillion dollar evolutionary step. That' something close to sprouting wings and eyes in the back of your heads, ain't going to happen, yer filthy with bankers, long as their running the show things will continue to worsen.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old MedicView Post

I just love to see the people that say, in effect, "we will SAVE America, by destroying it."

The US can't be saved. It's too late for that. But it's collapse can be accelerated.

darkbeaver
Republican
Michigan just became the 34th state to vote that a Constitutional Convention be called, and no one really noticed. Not Congress, not the media, no one. In Article V of the Constitution, it allows for the Constitution to be amended two ways: through Congressional vote, and through State Legislature vote. We havenít amended the Constitution in decades, and now that the states have voted to do soÖno one noticed. The Resident discusses.
Read more at Huge event just happened in US history, unnoticed | InvestmentWatch (external - login to view)

Michigan just became the 34th state to vote that a Constitutional Convention be called, and no one really noticed. Not Congress, not the media, no one. In Article V of the Constitution, it allows for the Constitution to be amended two ways: through Congressional vote, and through State Legislature vote. We havenít amended the Constitution in decades, and now that the states have voted to do soÖno one noticed. The Resident discusses.
Read more at Huge event just happened in US history, unnoticed | InvestmentWatch (external - login to view)