Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Women Who Work Full-Time

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
good job guys.

CNSNews.com) - People participating in the food stamp program outnumbered the women who worked full-time, year-round in the United States in 2012, according to data from the Department of Agriculture and the Census Bureau.

In the average month of 2012, according to the Department of Agriculture, there were 46,609,000 people participating in the food stamp program (formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). That contrasts with the 44,059,000 women who worked full-time, year-round in 2012, according to the Census Bureau’s report on Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States.

For each woman who worked full-time, year-round in 2012, there was slightly more than 1 other person collecting food stamps.

walmart and fones for everyone

more

Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Women Who Work Full-Time | CNS News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And I bet they have their flat screens and IPhones still!
I don't know anyone who still has CRT TV but poor people with $800 lphones piss me off.
I should head down to Montana and cash in on these food stamps if they are handing them out like flyers for hookers in Vegas.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't know anyone who still has CRT TV but poor people with $800 lphones piss me off.
I should head down to Montana and cash in on these food stamps if they are handing them out like flyers for hookers in Vegas.

C'mon down Petros... come and get yourself one. It can be used in Canada so you just need to pick it up. If you do not qualify that is OK... just lie. You are encouraged to lie and they do not check so often.

I encourage ALL Canadians to come down and get yourselves EBT cards if you have the time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are the gift credit card style?

Why lie? I am being starved by the CRA.

$34K in taxes will starve anyone.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Are the gift credit card style?

Yes they are. They old stamp books were demeaning and humiliating so they say.

Honestly, any Canadians who have the time and can do a little research on "how to" should take full advantage of the US Food Stamp Program.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes they are. They old stamp books were demeaning and humiliating so they say.

Honestly, any Canadians who have the time and can do a little research on "how to" should take full advantage of the US Food Stamp Program.

Next trip to ND. I think the Mrs mentioned taking our daughter shopping as a grad gift second weekend of May.

I wonder if it will work at the drive thru liquor and gun shop in Williston?

JEEPERS!!! Which agency to hit? SNAP, HUD or ND Dept of Human Services?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Next trip to ND. I think the Mrs mentioned taking our daughter shopping as a grad gift second weekend of May.

Don't be discriminatory....hit em all!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Hit em' all up!

Alcohol may be a little difficult BUT your alcohol wants will be subsidized by getting your food (including restaurants) paid for know what I mean? If you make it to Massachusetts maybe the pretty lady would like a spa treatment on us good tax payers of Massachusetts.

As our governor said... "Taking salon treatments off the benefits is simply mean spirited. What if a woman is getting her nails done for a job interview?"

So there it is!

$950 NET qualififies someone for SNAP. $950 or $12 an hour and people still have troubles?

Good research man! So now you know the baseline... go lower.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Jesus. That's loose.

When my junkie sister in-law applies for food vouchers they are only good for food and hygiene only. No exceptions.

She gets $1600 a month because being a junkie is a disability. They pay us $780 for her rent and 1/3 of our utilities and she gets $660 to buy food clothes and gas/insurance and her morphine pills from the gangbangers.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Jesus. That's loose.

When my junkie sister in-law applies for food vouchers they are only good for food and hygiene only. No exceptions.

She gets $1600 a month because being a junkie is a disability. They pay us $780 for her rent and 1/3 of our utilities and she gets $660 to buy food clothes and gas/insurance and her morphine pills from the gangbangers.

Are you serious? I had no idea welfare gave out so much cash to single people with disabilities. When my daughter was 4 and I became a single parent suddenly I had to turn to welfare and I never rec'd that much even accounting for inflation. Maybe if I'd stayed on it...I could have developed a disability...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you serious? I had no idea welfare gave out so much cash to single people with disabilities. When my daughter was 4 and I became a single parent suddenly I had to turn to welfare and I never rec'd that much even accounting for inflation. Maybe if I'd stayed on it...I could have developed a disability...
She has really bad PTSD but self medicates. It's not just being a junkie that qualified her for SAID.

It's different than welfare. You have to be really screwed to qualify for SAID and it's not cheap to live here. It pays enough for the disabled to live on their own instead in group or shared.

Welfare disability was only paying her around $775 plus utilities paid direct which is still $100 over single employable after she split with her last husband and moved in with us again.

There is no excuse to be on welfare if you live in SK so there aren't many on it and the money that went to welfare was diverted to SAID without increasing the budget a penny.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
She has really bad PTSD but self medicates. It's not just being a junkie that qualified her for SAID.

It's different than welfare. You have to be really screwed to qualify for SAID and it's not cheap to live here. It pays enough for the disabled to live on their own instead in group or shared.

Welfare disability was only paying her around $775 plus utilities paid direct which is still $100 over single employable after she split with her last husband and moved in with us again.

There is no excuse to be on welfare if you live in SK so there aren't many on it and the money that went to welfare was diverted to SAID without increasing the budget a penny.

Thanks Petros, for the clarification.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
good job guys.

CNSNews.com) - People participating in the food stamp program outnumbered the women who worked full-time, year-round in the United States in 2012, according to data from the Department of Agriculture and the Census Bureau.

In the average month of 2012, according to the Department of Agriculture, there were 46,609,000 people participating in the food stamp program (formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). That contrasts with the 44,059,000 women who worked full-time, year-round in 2012, according to the Census Bureau’s report on Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States.

For each woman who worked full-time, year-round in 2012, there was slightly more than 1 other person collecting food stamps.

walmart and fones for everyone

more

Food Stamp Recipients Outnumber Women Who Work Full-Time | CNS News

What is this statistic supposed to mean?

The minimum wage in the US is far below a living wage, so a lot of people who work full time still qualify for(and need) food stamps. Hell, some of these low wage employers are helping their employees sign up for food stamps and other social assistance programs.

So, are you implying that a lot of people in the US are lazy, or that a lot of large corporations are using these programs as corporate welfare to avoid paying their employees living wages?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What is this statistic supposed to mean?

The minimum wage in the US is far below a living wage, so a lot of people who work full time still qualify for(and need) food stamps. Hell, some of these low wage employers are helping their employees sign up for food stamps and other social assistance programs.

So, are you implying that a lot of people in the US are lazy, or that a lot of large corporations are using these programs as corporate welfare to avoid paying their employees living wages?

Evil Corporation LLC

I'm going to see if the name is available.

For $50, a person could have oodles of fun with that name.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Evil Corporation LLC

I'm going to see if the name is available.

For $50, a person could have oodles of fun with that name.

What do you think about private companies relying on the government to subsidize their employees low salaries? It doesn't sound ideal to me.