Jesse Jackson to highlight Silicon Valley’s scarcity of blacks and Latinos

Locutus
via sda:

Bet you never suspected that Silicon Valley's uber-liberal tech community was actually a breeding ground for unbridled racism? The people that live there didn't either. Until now. The deep thinker, Jesse Jackson, is going there to set them straight on their misdeeds (external - login to view):
Rev. Jesse Jackson plans to lead a delegation to the Hewlett Packard annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday to bring attention to Silicon Valley's poor record of including blacks and Latinos in hiring, board appointments and startup funding.

Jackson's strategy borrows from the traditional civil rights era playbook of shaming companies to prod them into transformation. Now he is bringing it to the age of social media and a booming tech industry known for its disruptive innovation.
Just what one of the few shining lights in America's economy needs, eh?!

America's New Hotbed of Racists? - Small Dead Animals (external - login to view)

EagleSmack
Yup... time to pay Jesse some shut-up money. That is all they have to do.

Tecumsehsbones
It should be noted that Rev. Jackson didn't call anybody racist. Only Small Braindead Animals did.

EagleSmack
That's where the shut-up money comes in.

Snippet...

In the past, Jackson’s critics have accused him of profiting from similar protest actions. These critics say that after Jackson targeted companies over diversity issues in the financial sector and other industries, some have ended up donating large sums to Jackson’s organizations. In other cases, the targeted companies gave contracts to minority-owned firms that paid Jackson for referrals.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Wonder if JJ will be lobbying the Hip Hop recording industry and condemn the woefully under representation of Chinese and East Indians artists in that industry.

You go JJ!

EagleSmack
I know they no longer count Asians as minorities.

Just as long as Jesse gets a pay off he'll be fine and hold off on the R word.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I know they no longer count Asians as minorities.

Just as long as Jesse gets a pay off he'll be fine and hold off on the R word.

Bbbbbut, isn't Rev JJ all about equality and whatnot?

Don't his soliloquies go on about the equality of all men and harmony, good cheer and love regardless of color, etc?

I simply refuse to believe that he would stand idly by while the Hip Hop industry unfairly under represents Mongols and the Inuit in the industry.... I just refuse to believe it!

EagleSmack
Jackson cares about himself and his well being. One need only look at Jesse Jr. to see that it is all about nest feathering.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Jackson cares about himself and his well being. One need only look at Jesse Jr. to see that it is all about nest feathering.

Do you believe that the misdeeds of all people can be attributed to their parents, or only the Jacksons?

no new posts