Sarah Palin Entire CPAC 2014 Address

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yup another doozy of a speech ,Gov. Palin sure can bring the house down .
She is spot on in her own humble style .
Lots of chants of run Sarah run as well .
A good use of 40 minutes this a.m.

Took me 40 minutes to figure out how to change the time on my new watch. :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Took me 40 minutes to figure out how to change the time on my new watch. :lol:
Twice a year, I have to take out the manual to do it in the car.....
What you and I need is one of them fancy satellite watch....I never have to touch my satellite alarm clock the change is automatic.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Maybe I can find me one of those antique analog watches in a storage unit or sumpin'. I hear you just pull the crown out and turn and voila!

This bear-grylls-drink-my-piss-kill-badguys-burn-rubber-and-scuba watch might be a tad much.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Maybe I can find me one of those antique analog watches in a storage unit or sumpin'. I hear you just pull the crown out and turn and voila!

This bear-grylls-drink-my-piss-kill-badguys-burn-rubber-and-scuba watch might be a tad much.
Ooops I used the wrong term a while ago....My alarm clock is called an "atomic clock" because it synchronizes itself by low frequency radio signal with the atomic clock in Boulder Colorado, every hour or so, and they do have watches with that feature, but they are slightly more expensive than the $30 I paid for the alarm clock...

Atomic Watches

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Ooops I used the wrong term a while ago....My alarm clock is called an "atomic clock" because it synchronizes itself by low frequency radio signal with the atomic clock in Boulder Colorado, every hour or so, and they do have watches with that feature, but they are slightly more expensive than the $30 I paid for the alarm clock...

Atomic Watches
I want an atomic clock...I'll pass on the watch everywhere ya look there is some kind of time counter, my phone, my computer, frigging takes an hour to run around the house and reset everything

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well, Denver is the Mile-High City..............

Judge for yourself: Did Sarah Palin get into Aunty Peggy Noonan's jar of Magic Dolphin Pills before her speech in Denver this week?

We've edited down the rambling 30-minute-plus address on Saturday to the Western Conservative Summit, but you can get the drift just a few minutes in.

All we can say is: Thanks, John McCain, for imperiling the nation with your astonishing lack of judgment.

NOTE: If you can manage to make it all the way to the 8:03 mark, it's worth it just to hear her rant about how God doesn't drive parked cars.

Sarah Palin's Oddball Speech In Denver Sounds Downright Inebriated | Crooks and Liars

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
All we can say is: Thanks, John McCain, for imperiling the nation with your astonishing lack of judgment.

... Funny that the author of the article can lean on what's nothing more than speculation in admonishing McCain, but is completely oblivious to the carnage wrought by the dynamic duo in the WH today.

Close to 1/2 the households relying on food stamps and record unemployment and nary a peep from this cheerleader

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The US consumer confidence index is higher now than before the start of the great recession. No matter what is happening canned hate from the usual monkey grinders will go on.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The US consumer confidence index is higher now than before the start of the great recession.

.. And how is this affecting their economy?

The public still needs to have a reasonable disposable income in order to move on that 'confidence' and with a high % of households on food stamps, that available, discretionary income is severely impacted

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
.. And how is this affecting their economy?

The public still needs to have a reasonable disposable income in order to move on that 'confidence' and with a high % of households on food stamps, that available, discretionary income is severely impacted
The export of well paying jobs didn't happen overnight. Yet vehicles are flying out the doors at car dealers, presumably not paid for with food stamps.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
All I'm saying is that there is a long way to go for that economy.

You can't deny that the remarkably high percentages of families/households that are relying on various social services (very high relative to average, annual baselines) is not an optimal situation.

The point being, as long as that consumer confidence remains high, it's impact will be significant once the economy is hitting on all cylinders and folks have more cash to spend

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
The export of well paying jobs didn't happen overnight. Yet vehicles are flying out the doors at car dealers, presumably not paid for with food stamps.

Credit and low interest rates.

If interest rates doubled, 2008 will look like the roaring 20's.