Democrat doesn't like Republican because he's married to a white woman

Locutus
Stuff you won't see much of on the MSM:

Liberals have angrily denounced Justice Thomas’ recent reflection that the worst treatment he’s ever endured has come at the hands of “northern liberal elites,” rather than whites in the deep south during the Jim Crow era. Northern liberal elites, for their part, are quite positive that they know Thomas’ personal history better than he does. Perhaps the silver medal of nastiness would go to black racial grievance-mongers, whose venomous attacks on Thomas have spanned decades. Alvin Holmes (Racist-Montgomery) is merely the latest one to step up in the queue. He says he can’t abide the associate justice’s mixed-race household. Paging MSNBC

Democrat: I don’t like Clarence Thomas because “he’s married to a white woman” « The Greenroom

Rep. Alvin Holmes, D-Montgomery, just said on House floor that he doesn't like Clarence Thomas because "he's married to a white woman."

https://twitter.com/DD_MarySell/stat...68741066194944

Walter
Holmes (Democrat) is just another racist.

Kreskin
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Aside from a Tweet is there a video or audio of what he said. I checked Foxnews and they have nothing on this that I could see.

BaalsTears
Apparently the aggrieved Alabama Representative made the statement on the floor of the Alabama House of Representatives. If so, there is a transcript. That may be why the fellow isn't denying having made the statement.

Locutus
further reading from those that saw and followed the exchange:

[...]

Rep. Alvin Holmes: "I said some people might say I didn't like him because he was married to a white woman."

So, for those keeping score at home, a Democratic politician admitted to making up crap and smearing Justice Clarence Thomas as an Uncle Tom.

... and after adjournment, Holmes acknowledged that he made that up, to make sure the comments were considered on-topic.

I didn't say I didn't like him because of his white wife, it's because he's an Uncle Tom. Well, OK then! http://theattackmachine.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/state-representative-alvin-holmes-d-doesnt-want-to-know-where-the-white-women-at/ … #alpolitics

more here:

Nothing to see here! MSM silent after Alabama Dem calls Clarence Thomas ‘Uncle Tom’ | Twitchy

Kreskin
I still haven't seen what he said, or heard it. But if you have a tweet from the opposing camp it is sure to tell the whole story.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
lol.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I still haven't seen what he said, or heard it. But if you have a tweet from the opposing camp it is sure to tell the whole story.

What type of evidence would you find persuasive?

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Most of what I found searching about it all comes from the 'right' side of things.

Personally I'd rather find the actual transcript of what he said instead of right-wing blog/net media freakin' out about it.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

Most of what I found searching about it all comes from the 'right' side of things.

Personally I'd rather find the actual transcript of what he said instead of right-wing blog/net media freakin' out about it.

So you don't believe it?

Locutus
Even the Uncle Tom bit went pretty much unreported by the lamestream press. Just sad that they let one side away with stuff they'd have an hour special on if it were an Republican disrespectfully shooting his mouth off like that.

Someone will dig up the transcript though.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Even the Uncle Tom bit went pretty much unreported by the lamestream press. Just sad that they let one side away with stuff they'd have an hour special on if it were an Republican disrespectfully shooting his mouth off like that.

Someone will dig up the transcript though.

The Democrat hate and marginalization of minorities never sleeps.

Serryah
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

So you don't believe it?

I'd like to see an actual transcript of what he said, then I'll likely believe it. Until then, not really.

Show me an unbiased place that has the actual words he said and if they are racist, I'll call him a racist.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Oh for Gods sake to suggest the right or the left has a monopoly on racism
is too funny for words. There are all kinds of liberals and right wingers that
are racist. What is the difference? Usually the left is able to silently control
their actions while the spin dried right have to describe every air vent in the dryer.
Yes ignorance should be made public regardless of the source.