Stephen Harper to be featured in anti-Keystone ad during Obama speech

Locutus
WASHINGTON — Prime Minister Stephen Harper will make a cameo appearance on an international stage Tuesday night — though it’s hardly one he would have chosen.

The prime minister will be cast in the villain’s role in an anti-Keystone XL pipeline ad airing during the broadcast of President Barack Obama’s state of the union address.

The ad is designed to build pressure from elements of Obama’s political base who want him to reject the pipeline, and it will be broadcast to the mostly left-leaning audience of the MSNBC network before and after the president’s speech.

Harper’s image appears at the beginning and the end of the ad.

more soetoro horsehockey

‘A sucker’s deal for America’: Stephen Harper to be featured in anti-Keystone ad during Obama speech | Financial Post (external - login to view)

BornRuff
No press is bad press, right?

Spade
Free Thinker
+1
The USA will decide what is good for America; it is called national and electoral interest.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
The right runs anti something adds all the time so what's the difference if the anti pipeline
people turn the tables? For one I hope they never build XL. That fuel is going south to
be refined and then shipped out of Texas to the export market. I want a refinery here in
Canada to give Canadians jobs and earn a higher price for us not the Americans.
It is time to put the greenies and their allies on the defencive. Ask them not do you want
a refinery but Where do you want a refinery? We have to just build one

Liberalman
I was watching Question Period in the House of Commons the other day and I noticed the the iron fist approach of the PMO is taking a toll on the federal Canadian Conservative MPs where some are gaining a lot more weight and others look like they are stuck between rock and a hard place. If our Prime Minister doesn't loosen his grip he might find himself in the same predicament as an east coast Conservative Premier Dunderdale.
Last edited by Liberalman; Jan 28th, 2014 at 07:42 PM..Reason: some

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The right runs anti something adds all the time so what's the difference if the anti pipeline
people turn the tables? For one I hope they never build XL. That fuel is going south to
be refined and then shipped out of Texas to the export market. I want a refinery here in
Canada to give Canadians jobs and earn a higher price for us not the Americans.
It is time to put the greenies and their allies on the defencive. Ask them not do you want
a refinery but Where do you want a refinery? We have to just build one

Go ahead raise the capital obtain the permits and start construction . Good luck but if you have a practical business plan I may even invest .

Locutus
American ad on their own toobs, wringing hands over a Canadian Prime Minister.

It ain't just a 'left-right' thing, it's a barry rant against another country. Somewhat rare fare. Petty but rare.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
I don't think Obama even mentioned KXL, & this was a commercial played both
before & after the 'State of the Union' address. The big questions should be just
who paid for this commercial, and what pipeline do they want going through
instead of Keystone?

B00Mer
Republican
Just 3 more year of Obama and counting down...

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
Kick the legs out'a Northern Gateway & KXL....& what's left to get
Canadian oil to the Pacific? Whatever is left better expand.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Jan 29th, 2014 at 12:43 AM..Reason: missed the word 'Canadian'

petros
+2
It's time to ban tankers in the straight of Juan de fuca.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2

But....but....

...but....what about the existing pipeline? Will it get Granfathered in? What
about its expansion side by side the existing pipeline that's already green
lighted and in operation?

forums.canadiancontent.net/ca...en-harper.html (external - login to view)

Nuggler
+1

Fuca that

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1
Just follow the money to understand the kick to Canada's junk in the ad
this thread is about.

petros
This is about 6 of 12 bbl per second being US bbls. Nothing more nothing less.
Blame Canada

no new posts