North Carolina Trekkie councilman says 'I quit' in Klingon

spaminator
North Carolina Trekkie councilman says 'I quit' in Klingon
John Peragine, Reuters
First posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 05:35 PM EST | Updated: Friday, January 03, 2014 05:40 PM EST
A North Carolina town councilman planning to run for U.S. Congress has quit his post by submitting a resignation letter in Klingon, the language of a fictional extraterrestrial warrior species on the "Star Trek" TV and film series.
David Waddell said he used Klingon to resign from the Indian Trail Town Council on Thursday because the fierce-looking science fiction characters valued integrity, honour and duty.
The letter indicated that Waddell, whose four-year term is up in December 2015, plans to resign at the end of this month.
"Teach (the) city (the) constitution," said the English translation. "I will return next time to (witness) victory."
Waddell, often a minority voice on the council, said he plans to mount a campaign on the Constitution Party's platform for U.S. Democratic Senator Kay Hagan's seat.
"I am going away, (but) I'm not done fighting," he said.
The city's mayor, Michael Alvarez, who also describes himself as a Trekkie, an avid "Star Trek" fan, said he did not immediately understand the letter and only realized Waddell was leaving when he started getting phone calls about it.
Alvarez said he was disappointed - both by Waddell's decision to leave the council early and his method of departure.
But he, too, has a sense of humour, the mayor said. He wished Waddell well, borrowing a saying from the Vulcans, Star Trek's logic-based species whose most famous member is Spock.
"Live long and prosper!" Mayor Alvarez said.
North Carolina Trekkie councilman says 'I quit' in Klingon | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Hmmm. This is no way diminishes his chances of being taken seriously as a political candidate, I'm sure.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Hmmm. This is no way diminishes his chances of being taken seriously as a political candidate, I'm sure.

Hey, would you argue with a Klingon?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Only if I'm really, really drunk.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

They may look tough, but the humans always win.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

They may look tough, but the humans always win.

Considering that Kirk always led the fight with his chin, that's really saying something.

Tecumsehsbones

Considering that Kirk always led the fight with his chin, that's really saying something.

He's got a really hard chin.

Also, considering the Enterprise was always broken, with Scotty working desperately just to keep it together, and still always managed to beat six Klingon battle cruisers, I always figured if they ever got the Enterprise up to spec, they could take over the universe in an afternoon.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

He's got a really hard chin.

Also, considering the Enterprise was always broken, with Scotty working desperately just to keep it together, and still always managed to beat six Klingon battle cruisers, I always figured if they ever got the Enterprise up to spec, they could take over the universe in an afternoon.

Didn't Scotty once fess up that he always overstated the repair requirements? Perhaps secretly he was really just reigning Kirk in.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Acting like an idiot has worked for Rob Ford so who know's, maybe he's on to something

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Didn't Scotty once fess up that he always overstated the repair requirements? Perhaps secretly he was really just reigning Kirk in.

All mechanics do that.

Even I could tell you that the reason the warp drives aren't working (at a critical time, mind you) is because the dilithium crystals are fried... Scotty always seemed surprised at that reality.. Every time

Tecumsehsbones
+1
#11  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

All mechanics do that.

Even I could tell you that the reason the warp drives aren't working (at a critical time, mind you) is because the dilithium crystals are fried... Scotty always seemed surprised at that reality.. Every time

Apparently the Federation had lost the concept of "spares."

That's why the Enterprise had no logistics officers. They all committed suicide after dealing with Scotty for 15 minutes.

tay
As a Klingon he's obviously at odds with this Canadian ..........

Canada's ex-defense minister: Aliens would give us more tech if we'd stop wars

I don't want to disturb what you're doing right now, but apparently four different species of aliens have been visiting Earth for thousands of years.

I don't quite have the evidence at hand, but Paul Hellyer, who used to be Canada's defense minister, claims he has.

In an interview with Russia Today, Hellyer explained (as if it was obvious): "Of course, there's been a lot more activity in the last few decades."

The reason for this, he said, was that man was stupid enough to invent the atomic bomb. Aliens are frightened that we're going to use it again (and again) and that this will affect the whole balance of the cosmos.

Ergo, each visit seems to have symbolized: "What the hell are they doing in that insane asylum today?"

Hellyer suggested that there are Edward Snowden-style whistleblowers who have already revealed government knowledge of alien visits. "It doesn't take long to get your hands on it," he said.

yes....there's video........

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57616630-71/canadas-ex-defense-minister-aliens-would-give-us-more-tech-if-wed-stop-wars/

no new posts