Memorable Presidential quotes

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. - Reagan

A day that will live in infamy. - FDR

Four score and seven years ago. - Lincoln

If you like your plan, you can keep it. - BHO

Three of these quotes are inspirational, one is not.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A mistake?

And I doubt Walter is whining or crying.

This is one of those BIG...

"I told you so!"

...moments.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012

Hey Walter did you know that one of the right wingers on CNN's Crossfire used your quote yesterday and they didn't even give you credit for it. They should know when they use a direct quote they are supposed to give the originator the credit. But thats a right winger for you, they never seem to have an original thought they just keep taking someone elses thoughts.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hey Walter did you know that one of the right wingers on CNN's Crossfire used your quote yesterday and they didn't even give you credit for it. They should know when they use a direct quote they are supposed to give the originator the credit. But thats a right winger for you, they never seem to have an original thought they just keep taking someone elses thoughts.
I am nothing short of brilliant and original.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Please name a policy initiative BHO has made that is in the best interest of the USA.
The initiatives have been exhaustive, but the NO party is impossible to get anything accomplished with. They've been hijacked by the loudmouths of Limbaugh etc: Extremist nuts.

There has never been a time when a party has been as obstructionist as the current Republicans. Even when Bush was in at least the Dems gave him some slack for what to do with Iraq.

I don't think it's possible to go back to the way it was, and when a Rep Prez gets his chance he'll get Royally screwed too - and ultimately accomplish nothing.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

another one of Wally's many SOS threads:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

And then on the Canadian side there was "Watch me" -:) (His most famous speech)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The initiatives have been exhaustive, but the NO party is impossible to get anything accomplished with. They've been hijacked by the loudmouths of Limbaugh etc: Extremist nuts.

Exhaustive!

There has never been a time when a party has been as obstructionist as the current Republicans. Even when Bush was in at least the Dems gave him some slack for what to do with Iraq.

They tried to stop Obamacare but were unable to stop it. Now look! The ACA is a disaster.

The GOP would have saved Obama.

I don't think it's possible to go back to the way it was, and when a Rep Prez gets his chance he'll get Royally screwed too - and ultimately accomplish nothing.

Because we all know how Bush was treated.

What comes around goes around.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Exhaustive!

They tried to stop Obamacare but were unable to stop it. Now look! The ACA is a disaster.

The GOP would have saved Obama.

Because we all know how Bush was treated.

What comes around goes around.
Baloney, the whole program was thinned down to bare bones to appease a few who held hostage the decision to move forward at all. Without a public option it's still insurance companies and deep pockets who make the program work or fail. And with one side bent on making it fail that's about all it can do.

Nothing like supporting a Prez in his mandate like the Reps have done, eh? Washington is so screwed up this will all look like a huge success in the future compared to what the future will hold. The Dems haven't screwed any Rep Prez like the Reps have screwed Obama. They will get what's coming to them when it's their turn.

Bush was treated? - like they gave him the authority to decide if/when an Iraq invasion was necessary? Just like they gave to Obama on Syria, eh ES?

Here are some good Obama quotes:

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them."

"Four years ago, I promised to end the war in Iraq. We did. I promised to refocus on the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11. We have. We've blunted the Taliban's momentum in Afghanistan, and in 2014, our longest war will be over. A new tower rises above the New York skyline, al Qaeda is on the path to defeat, and Osama bin Laden is dead."

"And we have done more in the two and a half years that I've been in here than the previous 43 Presidents to uphold that principle, whether it's ending 'don't ask, don't tell,' making sure that gay and lesbian partners can visit each other in hospitals, making sure that federal benefits can be provided to same-sex couples."

"Of course, there is no question that Libya - and the world - will be better off with Gaddafi out of power. I, along with many other world leaders, have embraced that goal, and will actively pursue it through non-military means. But broadening our military mission to include regime change would be a mistake."

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Reagan did not have a majority in either house and yet was able to use persuasion to get good legislation passed. That's what a good leader does.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." -- Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." -- Bush, Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -- Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." - Bush, Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001