Hundreds of U.S. troops will deploy to Romania next year

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The U.S. military will move hundreds of troops to Romania next year and set up a key logistical hub that will effectively replace the air base at Manas in Kyrgyzstan, a Pentagon official said Friday.

The Romanians have agreed to allow a small footprint of U.S. troops to use an existing airfield along the Black Sea coast. The Mihail Kogalniceanu air base in eastern Romania will serve as a major transit hub for the airlift effort to redeploy U.S. troops and cargo out of Afghanistan.

U.S. military officials say removing the roughly 51,000 troops currently deployed in Afghanistan by the end of 2014 will be a major logistical challenge.

The move comes after Kyrgyzstan ordered U.S. troops to leave Manas in 2009 after the U.S. balked at the Kyrgyz government’s demand to double the rent. The U.S. lease on the base expires in July 2014.

more

Hundreds of U.S. troops will deploy to Romania next year | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They'd best be careful. Those Romanians are so poor they will steal the hub caps off of a rolling C5 Galaxy.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
It has nothing to do with Chinafghaistan. it's strategic. The cold war has turned into a hot war.

they should take a Barracks Vote. Off season rates on the Blacl Coast hotels right now.

Even Eagle Scout Smack and Captain Bold battle Morgan would pull out of the 'Ghani Poophole.
then Omar K can go home to his victory parade.

And become a big shot Chinese mining magnate...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yeah, but think ,Petros- the War Brides!~

Type in Mature Romanian Girls on Bing images...

Yes... those Yanks are going to like their new environment.

they should take a Barracks Vote. Off season rates on the Blacl Coast hotels right now.

Even Eagle Scout Smack and Captain Bold battle Morgan would pull out of the 'Ghani Poophole.
then Omar K can go home to his victory parade.

And become a big shot Chinese mining magnate...

I'd love to comment on this... seriously I would.

But you got so Dark Beaverish on us all.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Yes... those Yanks are going to like their new environment.

I'd love to comment on this... seriously I would.

But you got so Dark Beaverish on us all.
When I said you would leave 'Chainaghistan for the Black sea Coast I was commenting on your good Judgement and sanity

For what its worth , My dad was interviewing Hiwi Death camp guards in June of 45 when he got word that he could get an Honorable discharge from the Canadian Occupying forces under British Command if he volunteered to join the American forces forming up for the invasion of Japan.

The whole interrogation platoon bolted like rats for America, as my dad put it.....