American Welfare Statistics

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via zip

Liberal Myth Debunked In New Report On Welfare Statistics: More Blacks Than Whites Are On Welfare…

We’ve all heard over and over again from the left how more whites are on welfare than blacks as some weird justification for keeping the gravy train rolling. Despite the fact that blacks represent 13% of the population, they account for 39.8% of all welfare recipients, versus 38.8% for whites.

source

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
That's an awfully inconvenient question.... Damned inconvenient actually

Asians have cultural characteristics to which virtually all of them subscribe. These cultural characteristics increase the likelihood of success in America. Africans don't have those same cultural characteristics. Strong family, hard work, and educational excellence are the characteristics to which I'm referring.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Asians have cultural characteristics to which virtually all of them subscribe. These cultural characteristics increase the likelihood of success in America. Africans don't have those same cultural characteristics. Strong family, hard work, and educational excellence are the characteristics to which I'm referring.

We see similar trends here in Canada as well relative to the family unit, achievement in education, work ethic, etc.

Speaks very highly of that (those) cultures

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

How terribly unPC of you.

By my reading of the stats teachers are underpaid in some states and welfare pays far too much in many of them.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
In 2012, the federal government gave out $240 billion in housing aid.

Income data is not available for all of it, but of what is available, more than half went to those with incomes greater than $100,000 ($81.6 billion). Only $40 billion went to those with incomes less than $50,000.

Overall, high income households receive four times as much in housing aid as low-income ones.

The main reason for this is the majority of federal housing aid flows to homeowners, not renters. The mortgage interest deduction is the most well-known program that subsidizes homeownership. That deduction alone is larger than all federal rental aid combined.

Read more: The Government Is Quietly Giving Way More Housing Aid To Rich People Than Poor People - Business Insider

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Income data is not available for all of it, but of what is available, more than half went to those with incomes greater than $100,000 ($81.6 billion). Only $40 billion went to those with incomes less than $50,000.

Overall, high income households receive four times as much in housing aid as low-income ones.

The main reason for this is the majority of federal housing aid flows to homeowners, not renters. The mortgage interest deduction is the most well-known program that subsidizes homeownership. That deduction alone is larger than all federal rental aid combined.

Read more: The Government Is Quietly Giving Way More Housing Aid To Rich People Than Poor People - Business Insider

A tax deduction is not a subsidy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

In other words...the government isn't taking as much money from people who work and already are paying thousands in taxes. The government is allowing them to keep the money they earned.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
In other words...the government is taking as much money from people who work and already are paying thousands in taxes. The government is allowing them to keep the money they earned.

Do the rich want to personally pay for all the highways/roads/bridges leading to their businesses? Look at nations finances, it looks to me like the government is owed more money (and not just from welfare recipients).

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Do the rich want to personally pay for all the highways/roads/bridges leading to their businesses?
Do the employees of these businesses want to personally pay for all the highways/roads/bridges leading to their places of work?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A tax deduction is not a subsidy.

On target there TS.

However some feel the need to twist it. They refuse (purposely or because of ideology) to see the difference between a government hand out and the government deciding not to take as much from people who earn a living.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Do the employees of these businesses want to personally pay for all the highways/roads/bridges leading to their places of work?
Yes, it's all about people who can't afford having to line the pockets of the rich, eh Walter.

Instead of paying the taxes you so complain about then pay for all the infrastructure that made the millions for you. And while you're at it hire just Walton family members to work every job at walmart. That way they will save a bundle because lord know employees don't create wealth for their owners. Right Walter?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do the rich want to personally pay for all the highways/roads/bridges leading to their businesses? Look at nations finances, it looks to me like the government is owed more money (and not just from welfare recipients).

I know that they do pay for all the highways/roads/ and bridges leading to their businesses. Not just the rich pay but everyone who works for a living. Again, infrastructure is not a freebie from the government... they get the money from taxes.

I do not know why the government is owed more. There is already too much government waste. Our Governor is spending $6 Million to renovate his office in the State House. SIX MILLION DOLLARS!

Roads, Fire, Police, etc.... paid for by taxpayers. Welfare recipients benefits... paid for by tax payers.

Yes, it's all about people who can't afford having to line the pockets of the rich, eh Walter.

Instead of paying the taxes you so complain about then pay for all the infrastructure that made the millions for you. And while you're at it hire just Walton family members to work every job at walmart. That way they will save a bundle because lord know employees don't create wealth for their owners. Right Walter?

The wealthy and everyone else that work have already paid for those roads.

No welfare recipient ever gave me a job.