Smile! You’ve Got Socialized Healthcare!

Corduroy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

How disastrous for Trump is healthcare collapse? - BBC News (external - login to view)

A mere bump in the road!

Which they had 8 years to prepare for. Congressional Republicans and Donald Trump are incompetent. Repealing and replacing Obama care was their number one priority and political mantra for the entire Obama administration, and they bungled it. They couldn't agree among themselves yet they had years to work on it. Career conman Donald Trump couldn't negotiate a deal despite literally writing the book on negotiating deals.

The one thing Trump was definitely supposed to be good at he failed spectacularly. The only consolation Trump-lovers like yourself could possibly have is that Trump didn't actually do any negotiating. Despite supporters and aides touting his negotiating ability throughout this whole process, and Trump himself promising the best deal imaginable, it's more likely the Trump spent the whole time (and most of his presidency) golfing. So the only way you can excuse Trump's so far disastrous presidency without admitting that Trump is a gigantic incompetent and fooled you saps into believing he wasn't is that maybe you can say he hasn't actually done any work yet.

Maybe Trump really is an effective administrator and you'll start to see him really get to work when he gets back from his 2 month vacation. Currently the United States doesn't have a president. It has a retired golfer charging taxpayers for his golf trips.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I'm getting a little bored of being right all the time. I've said numerous times before that Republicans don't like Trump and controlling Congress and the Senate isn't going to make things any easier for him. Republicans don't much care for New York City liberals and their tax and spend ideas. Donald Trump is going to make Jimmy Carter look competent

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Which they had 8 years to prepare for. Congressional Republicans and Donald Trump are incompetent. Repealing and replacing Obama care was their number one priority and political mantra for the entire Obama administration, and they bungled it. They couldn't agree among themselves yet they had years to work on it. Career conman Donald Trump couldn't negotiate a deal despite literally writing the book on negotiating deals.
The one thing Trump was definitely supposed to be good at he failed spectacularly. The only consolation Trump-lovers like yourself could possibly have is that Trump didn't actually do any negotiating. Despite supporters and aides touting his negotiating ability throughout this whole process, and Trump himself promising the best deal imaginable, it's more likely the Trump spent the whole time (and most of his presidency) golfing. So the only way you can excuse Trump's so far disastrous presidency without admitting that Trump is a gigantic incompetent and fooled you saps into believing he wasn't is that maybe you can say he hasn't actually done any work yet.
Maybe Trump really is an effective administrator and you'll start to see him really get to work when he gets back from his 2 month vacation. Currently the United States doesn't have a president. It has a retired golfer charging taxpayers for his golf trips.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

For the first month at least I was under the impression he was putting in 16 hour days.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I'm getting a little bored of being right all the time. I've said numerous times before that Republicans don't like Trump and controlling Congress and the Senate isn't going to make things any easier for him. Republicans don't much care for New York City liberals and their tax and spend ideas. Donald Trump is going to make Jimmy Carter look competent

You have a short attention span if you get bored being right for 15 seconds.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

You have a short attention span if you get bored being right for 15 seconds.

I'm always right. That's why you're incapable of pointing to a single time i was wrong.

Corduroy
+1

For the first month at least I was under the impression he was putting in 16 hour days.

What gave you that impression?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

I'm always right. That's why you're incapable of pointing to a single time i was wrong.

Don't be so stupid- my son working at McDonalds was one of many.

What gave you that impression?

You weren't listening to the news? He was writing orders 24/7.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

It sure wiped that obnoxious smirk of this punks face in a hurry.

Yes!
Cliffy scores a GREENIE!

can't say he was trumps man at all

in your case right is a political party

and you don't even belong to that

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

... my son working at McDonalds was one of many.

No, I was right about that.

petros
You are a nut job and no you aren't right. You are just nuts.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Democrat snowflakes stil crying about Reagan Bush.....
Did you count chads this year huh??

Reichtards still complaining about Obamacare every day just in case you hadn't noticed ....

Corduroy

You weren't listening to the news? He was writing orders 24/7.

Which news do you listen to? Trump wasn't writing any orders.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Which news do you listen to? Trump wasn't writing any orders.

C.B.C., Global. He was doing very little else for the first few weeks after inauguration.

Corduroy
+1

C.B.C., Global. He was doing very little else for the first few weeks after inauguration.

Little else? You have a selective memory. Am I watching people forget how much of a failure Trump has been so far in real time?

Like I said, he didn't write any orders. He signed a lot. Some executive orders the president signs are pre-made and not even directed by him. The Mexico City policy, for example, is a presidential memo banning international aid that funds abortion and it might as well be sitting in the president's desk to be signed or repealed when the White House changes parties. Many of the "orders" Trump signed aren't actual actions but signals of intentions or telling other departments to do things. For example, Trump's first executive order was to signal his intent to repeal Obamacare (failed). Another executive order, which was actually a presidential memo, was to tell people to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS. Remember how during the campaign he said he had a secret plan to defeat ISIS? That was it.

Typically these orders are a page or two long and not written by the president or even dictated by him. That would be a bad idea for any president, let alone a barely literate man-child with ADD like Trump. Executive orders should be written as legal justifications for actions. One such order you may have heard of was the travel ban. Trump is committed to the travel ban, but he withdrew his first one and created another. Why? Because they realized it couldn't stand up to legal scrutiny as it was so badly written.

So that's Trump's first few weeks for activity. Signing pre-made stock Republican policies, signing pointless memos like "defeat ISIS" or approving pipelines (three presidential memos), and of course being such an incompetent administrator that he couldn't find an intelligent enough person to write his travel ban in a way that was constitutional. His administration had to spend a lot of time picking up the pieces of that trainwreck.

If you think Trump was doing little else than signing orders, you have a selective memory. In the first few weeks, Trump spent a good deal of time whining on the internet and cable news mornings shows about how the media is mean to him and plugging the holes his badly constructed administration, like Michael Flynn. Trump went on his first golf trip after week 2. He's been on 13 trips in 9 weeks.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Little else? You have a selective memory. Am I watching people forget how much of a failure Trump has been so far in real time?

Like I said, he didn't write any orders. He signed a lot. Some executive orders the president signs are pre-made and not even directed by him. The Mexico City policy, for example, is a presidential memo banning international aid that funds abortion and it might as well be sitting in the president's desk to be signed or repealed when the White House changes parties. Many of the "orders" Trump signed aren't actual actions but signals of intentions or telling other departments to do things. For example, Trump's first executive order was to signal his intent to repeal Obamacare (failed). Another executive order, which was actually a presidential memo, was to tell people to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS. Remember how during the campaign he said he had a secret plan to defeat ISIS? That was it.

So how do you like Trump?

Corduroy

So how do you like Trump?

You got nothing. You never do.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

You got nothing. You never do.

You have a total right to your own opinion and although it's hard to agree with it I'll back the right!

gopher
No Party Affiliation

Imagine how much worse it would be if we were under RepubliCONcare.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
The conservative Townhall publication reports that Republicans will pay dearly if they fail to bring about good health care reform:

''If Republicans don’t make reforms like these, or if moderate Republicans remain intransigent about even sitting down to negotiate a better bill, they will pay a steep price in 2018. Health care costs will continue climbing and voters will be angry that Obamacare is living on in a new Republican form, especially after four elections worth of promises to kill it.''

https://townhall.com/columnists/davi...-care-n2306650 (external - login to view)

tay
Meet The DEMOCRAT Who Killed The Public Option and now wants donations to a friends Go Fund Me

https://twitter.com/Messina2012 (external - login to view)

https://t.co/bC8Rn2kKZ0 (external - login to view)

Jim Messina is a political adviser who was the White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations under President Barack Obama from 2009 to 2011 and served as the campaign manager for Obama's successful 2012 re-election campaign. He is also a senior adviser to the UK Conservative Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Me...itical_staffer (external - login to view))

wwwyoutubecomwatchvaDWkHZSrhI8

tay

gopher
No Party Affiliation
High-cost Alaska sits in the eye of health care reform storm

High-cost Alaska sits in the eye of health care reform storm - Apr. 6, 2017 (external - login to view)

ACA = saving lives every day.

tay

gopher
No Party Affiliation
The health care debate has shifted to the GOP — and most people don’t like what they see, poll says

With Republicans in command, their health care proposals as currently formulated have generated far more concern than enthusiasm. Even among rank-and-file Republicans, there’s opposition to changes that would let insurers charge higher premiums to older adults, and many disapprove of cuts to Medicaid for low-income people, according to a recent poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. It also found more than half of Republicans at least somewhat worried about leaving more people uninsured, as the House plan is projected to do.

March polls by Fox News and Quinnipiac University showed overall margins of opposition to the GOP bill nearing or even exceeding those of the Obama-era Affordable Care Act, or ACA, at its lowest points — such as when the HealthCare.gov website went live in 2013 and promptly crashed.

“Republicans are taking ownership of the health care issue, and all the pleasure and pain of health reform,” said Drew Altman, president of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation, which tracks the health care system. “There has been a shift in focus from the ACA itself to the Republican plans, and who might lose benefits as a result.”

Poll: Americans dislike GOP’s, Trump’s plan on health care

more at: The health care debate has shifted to the GOP -- and most people don't like what they see, poll says | PBS NewsHour (external - login to view)

Didn't our friend Trump say he guaranteed every American would be coveredby health care insurance?

tay
Henry County is one of hundreds of U.S. hospitals trying to cope with an unexpected consequence of the Affordable Care Act of 2010, known as Obamacare: millions more Americans have health insurance, but it requires them to spend thousands of dollars before their insurer kicks in a dime.

Since U.S. hospitals do not want to end up footing the bill, they are now experimenting with pre-payment strategies for patients, with a growing number requiring payment before scheduled care and offering no interest loans, according to interviews with more than two dozen hospitals, doctors, patients, lenders and healthcare experts.

“Most patients are appreciative that we’re telling them up front,” said David Muhs, chief financial officer for the Henry County hospital, which provides a discount for early payment. The discussion leads some patients to skip care, others to delay it or use a no interest loans available through the hospital, he said.

The ACA extended insurance to 20 million Americans, which initially helped hospitals begin to shrink debt from uninsured patients who could not pay their medical bills. But more and more, people in Obamacare plans or in employer-based health plans are choosing insurance that features low monthly payments. The trade-off is high out of pocket costs when they need care. (For a graphic, click tmsnrt.rs/2oCzePS (external - login to view))

If President Donald Trump dismantles Obamacare as promised, these plans won't disappear. Republicans also believe high-deductible plans curb spending, and Americans faced with medical costs that rise faster than inflation and wages will look for premiums they can afford.

The trend is expected to accelerate this year because unpaid bills are creating massive bad debt for even the most prestigious medical centers. U.S. hospitals had nearly $36 billion in uncompensated care costs in 2015, according to the industry’s largest trade group, a figure that is largely made up of unpaid patient bills.

The largest publicly-traded hospital chain, HCA Holdings Inc, reported in the fourth quarter of 2016 that its ratio of bad debt to gross revenues of more than $11 billion was 7.5 percent.

One of the first to test this new payment strategy was Novant Health, headquartered in North Carolina with 14 medical centers and hundreds of outpatient and physician facilities. It saw patient debt increase when more local employers started adopting high deductible plans, including one that made its executives pay $10,000 in out-of-pocket expenses.

“To remain financially stable, we had to do something,” said April York, senior director of patient finance at Novant, whose patient default rate dropped to 12 percent from 32 percent after it started offering no interest loans through ClearBalance.

“Patients needed longer to pay. They needed a variety of options,” she said.

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in North Carolina had seen its bad debt creep up in recent years as more patients saw out of pocket expenses soar, with some deductibles reaching $15,000.

“We’ve seen that many patients are unaware of the increases in their deductibles,” said CFO Chad Eckes. Wake Forest now asks for payment before non-emergency services are provided but also offers zero interest, longer repayment options.

“It’s a challenging position,” he said. “It’s a discussion no one wants to be in, and none of us enjoy.”

Ballooning bills: More U.S. hospitals pushing patients to pay before care | Reuters (external - login to view)