Obama energy Miracle

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
JUst when you thought he couldn't possibly be more perfect...

U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer | CNS News
U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer

October 24, 2012 - 6:07 AM
JONATHAN FAHEY, Associated Press

A worker hangs from an oil derrick outside of Williston, N.D. U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the United States could soon overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest producer. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull, File)

NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the United States could soon overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest producer.
Driven by high prices and new drilling methods, U.S. production of crude and other liquid hydrocarbons is on track to rise 7 percent this year to an average of 10.9 million barrels per day. This will be the fourth straight year of crude increases and the biggest single-year gain since 1951.
The boom has surprised even the experts.

- See more at: U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer | CNS News

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope, that was Bush. It just took awhile to ramp up.

Iraq, now that was Obama's fault. And Afghanistan. And the recession. And the bailouts. Obama and only Obama.

But oil production, that's based on actions Bush took.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
JUst when you thought he couldn't possibly be more perfect...

U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer | CNS News
U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer

October 24, 2012 - 6:07 AM
JONATHAN FAHEY, Associated Press

A worker hangs from an oil derrick outside of Williston, N.D. U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the United States could soon overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest producer. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull, File)

NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. oil output is surging so fast that the United States could soon overtake Saudi Arabia as the world's biggest producer.
Driven by high prices and new drilling methods, U.S. production of crude and other liquid hydrocarbons is on track to rise 7 percent this year to an average of 10.9 million barrels per day. This will be the fourth straight year of crude increases and the biggest single-year gain since 1951.
The boom has surprised even the experts.

- See more at: U.S. May Overtake Saudi Arabia As World’s Top Oil Producer | CNS News
It's only fair. The U.S. has been the largest user of oil for some time now.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The only cost to all of this is massively fractured bedrock and the possible contamination of aquifers and the release of huge amounts of methane, a greenhouse gas about 20 time more powerful than CO2.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Bakken oil field has been capped even before Bush came to power.
This region of oil covers more than six states and Saskatchewan and
Southern Manitoba.
Two things come to mind. If all this oil existed as far back to the seventies
why did we go through oils shortage so many times just a thought.
This field is way bigger than the Arabs have and its high quality shale crude.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nope, that was Bush. It just took awhile to ramp up.

Iraq, now that was Obama's fault. And Afghanistan. And the recession. And the bailouts. Obama and only Obama.

But oil production, that's based on actions Bush took.

So any problems caused by all this new oil must also be junior's fault as well?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
There have been some pretty strong ones around in the past century or so. I wonder how much gas was released? Perhaps Cobalt would know.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
None. Neither have any volcanos. All GHG is caused by man. (I wish I could write in purple)

The plan is to heat the formation with Methane in situ. In effect, the US has 'regained' the ability to price world markets.
Expect the huge change in global energy when China and India ramp up the directional drilling of their extensive shale oil deposits.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The plan is to heat the formation with Methane in situ. In effect, the US has 'regained' the ability to price world markets.
Expect the huge change in global energy when China and India ramp up the directional drilling of their extensive shale oil deposits.

Whatever cuts fuel prices is good with me.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Do earthquakes fracture bedrock and shale, etc?

Sadly for the usual suspects, you can't tax nature.

On that note, we still have to wait and see what the decline curves look like on the shale resources... The projections may be skewed as there is not so much data to rely on

Whatever cuts fuel prices is good with me.

You're dreaming buddy

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's too bad Nixon got the boot. He was warning about pending oil problems years before most others had thought about the middle east.