Sarah Palin was right

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

After years of being the Democrat Party’s ‘Exhibit A’ for everything that’s wrong about right-wing politics in America, Sarah Palin has won praise from one of the left’s most respected intellectuals.

Noam Chomsky, who’s written over 100 books, has said the former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee was right about Barack Obama’s 2008 election slogans.

“I don’t usually admire Sarah Palin, but when she was making fun of this ‘hopey-changey’ stuff, she was right,” the noted linguist told Democracy Now.

serenity now

Sarah Palin right about Barack Obama’s ‘hopey-changey’ stuff? You betcha, says Noam Chomsky | National Post

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This means she no longer has much power because the Chomper is at odds with anything and anyone who does, regardless of affiliation.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
What's the saying? A million monkeys typing for a million years may produce an occassional novel. Something like that.

ETA: Looked at her picture. She has not aged well.

ETA: Neither have I but I'd still stick it in her.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is more fluff regardless of whether she was right or wrong. Yes fluff.
Election slogans are just that. I have never made up my mind to vote based
on a slogan. I make up my mind on a guess of which items they will actually
concentrate on and the ones that are in the idealistic minds eye. For example
Medicare, I vote against anyone who would mess with that in this country.
There are a whole lot of things wrong. Some speak of a loss of freedom that
started before Obama got anywhere near the White House and the reason is
not that Obama is a dictator or tyrant its because the American People have
bought into fear rather than hope. That is not Obama's fault it is the fault of
the people themselves. Security will not make people secure. Belief in
themselves makes people secure.
Is Obama the greatest thing since sliced bread? NO but he was a hell of alot
better choice than Palin or even Romney and the final outcome at the ballot
box demonstrated that. It is time for people to deal with the issues and lose
the chip on their shoulder. Obama Won Period get over it. The Republicans
are setting themselves up to lost to Ms Clinton the way they are behaving.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The thread title should read, "Sarah Palin is right". Will easily beat Hillary in an election.

After half a dozen kids you might want to tie a 2x4 across your rump so you don't fall in.
You don't know about women who stay in shape, your loss.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

ETA: Neither have I but I'd still stick it in her.

In 2008 she was at least a looker. Now not so much. I won't comment on what you will stick it in or not (if anything).

The thread title should read, "Sarah Palin is right". Will easily beat Hillary in an election.

She has too much foot in mouth to win. Don;t think she will carry the Republican nomination. I believe there are some Republicans who probably think she contributed to 2008 loss.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The "Iron Lady" wasn't much of a looker but I might have voted for her, the way she handled the falklands .
But that doesn't mean I would vote for Hillary.......

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
One thing that Obama will be remembered for - he lies - a lot. But people are so in love with him they don't care. It's unfortunate, but true. Romney would have made a much better President, despite what the liberals say. I'd prefer someone with actual "work/business experience. Obama had neither. But his good looks and smooth delivery (as long as he has a teleprompter) made it sound like he knows what he's doing. I don't believe he does.- he's a puppet for the big money men. He's a Con man, through and through and his monied supporters knew that and believed he could pull it off and he did! Surprise!!!.

The people he has around him are left wing fascists from the '60's. Thankfully, he can only serve 2 terms but a lot of damage can be done in that time. I suspect even Hillary, if she runs and wins, will be a better President than he could ever hope to be.

The GOP need to get their "poop" together or the dems will have the WH for a long time to come.

JMHO