excepting Barak Obama, who is the worst US President in HIstory?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ronald Reagan, he started the Americans down the road to destruction.
His trade deals his deregulation and his lack of leadership. He was a
voice and that is it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Warren G. Harding was likely the crookedest followed closely by Richard M. Nixon. By comparison, ones in the modern era have been "princes".

Yes... covering up a third rate break in over the NSA, IRS, Benghazi scandals... what a prince our current POTUS is.

voice and that is it.

Best ever... which is why the lefties hate him.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Warren G. Harding was likely the crookedest followed closely by Richard M. Nixon. By comparison, ones in the modern era have been "princes".

Harding is up there as one of the worst. I'd give first place to James Buchanan. Half the country took off while he was in office and he did absolutely nothing. Half the country tried to take off on his watch and he didnt lift a finger. Just passed it off to the next guy. The mess Obama inherited was nothing compared to the one Lincoln got. People can hate Obama or Bush jr all they want - but the country was still in one piece when Bush left and I imagine it will be when Obama steps down.

Yes... covering up a third rate break in over the NSA, IRS, Benghazi scandals... what a prince our current POTUS is.

Indeed, he was a bit of a jerk and covered stuff up but a number of good things happened under his administration too. I would not say he was one of the worst.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Indeed, he was a bit of a jerk and covered stuff up but a number of good things happened under his administration too. I would not say he was one of the worst.

Not even close to the worst. He resigned covering up a break in of the DNC at Watergate. That was his black mark. Geez... compared to the current POTUS Nixon is a Saint.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Warren Harding is an 'interesting guy'. Horrible choices for his cabinet and senior bureaucrats,( like Ulysses s Grant before him). Personally flouted Prohibition- but kept the laws in place.

Flashes of brilliance- such as his defiance of the Klan in Atlanta, when he opposed the Jim Crow laws.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Taft AND ROOSEVELDT RATED EACH OTHER THE WORST....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
voice and that is it.

Nah, Ronnie was probably the best since Harry Truman or Ike. J.F.K. was probably the most over rated!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who cares which puppet was the worst? Was Howdy Doody worse than Kermit?

Actually you are quite right....................different times, different situations, different "supporting" and "unsupporting actors"! -:)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nah, Ronnie was probably the best since Harry Truman or Ike. J.F.K. was probably the most over rated!

The mythos around him is definitely overblown but I dont think he was over rated though. His handling of the Cuban Missile crisis saved us from a nuclear war.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's wife, Cherie Blair (nee Booth), is the great-great-great-granddaughter of John Wilkes Booth, the guy who assassinated Abraham Lincoln.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Actually you are quite right....................different times, different situations, different "supporting" and "unsupporting actors"! -:)

Best answer although I have to go with Reagan (nafta) and Clinton (china MFN) and everyone between them and after that hasn't changed that........