The Abandoned Translator Who Helped Rescue American Soldiers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Abandoned Translator Who Helped Rescue American Soldiers

via zip:

Just like the Pakistani doctor who helped get Bin Laden, this administration tend to leave those who aid us in jeopardy.

Via WFB:
Four years ago, an Afghan translator known as “Hafez” charged into enemy fire to help Marine Corporal Dakota Meyer rescue wounded American soldiers during one of the most famous battles in the Afghanistan war.

Meyer received the Medal of Honor for his courage in the battle of Ganjgal—the first living Marine to receive the honor since the Vietnam war.

But Meyer says his friend Hafez is still waiting to receive a U.S. visa he applied for years ago. The former translator remains in Afghanistan under daily threat from the Taliban while his application is caught in the bureaucratic limbo of the State Department.

“He stood next to me, by my side pretty much the entire time [during the Battle of Ganjgal],” Meyer, 25, said in an interview with the Washington Free Beacon on Monday. “He helped me carry my guys out.”

“If we can’t help get this guy back who sacrificed so much to bring these Americans home, I’m sure he’ll be killed,” he said.

Keep reading…

Afghan translator of Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer caught in bureaucratic limbo | Washington Free Beacon

https://twitter.com/solemnwatch

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
He is a dead man if not given a visa.
Same with those that worked with/for NATO.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Considering how the US treats its veterans, it is not surprising they treat a foreign national this way.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The risk to the American people is too great to grant asylum to all of those Afghans who helped the US in its Afghan War.
But the risk to the Afghan people was never calculated before or after the brilliantly planned and executed war, was it?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Look at how America treats American's it doesn't particularly like? I saw us walk off and leave Vietnamese plain clothes infiltrators who worked their *** off for the US-South Vietnam's side in the Vietnam war. When this nation is done with you, you are abandoned. Believe me.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I felt bad for teh translators over there. They are out there with the soldiers, but they have to go back to their homes at night, not secure military bases. Plus, if the Taliban ever overrun the place again, the first thing they'll do is murder the US/NATO accomplices. Like a heck of a lot of Afghans, they would really like to get out of Afghanistan. If anyone deserves a shot in Canada or the US it's these guys. They've proved their loyalty.

I heard Canada isn't much better when it comes to abandoning the translators.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
And that's what they did to Bin Laden when they didn't need him anymore against Russia...
Dom Dom Dom.....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And that's what they did to Bin Laden when they didn't need him anymore against Russia...
Dom Dom Dom.....

Oh do go on! I want to hear this one.

Any details on this?

Considering how the US treats its veterans, it is not surprising they treat a foreign national this way.

I'm a veteran... the US treats me just fine.

Have a nice day.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Were you an officer or front line cannon fodder?

Once again your ignorance shows in yet another post.

By front line cannon fodder I would think you mean Infantry. Yes I was in the infantry... as were many officers.

Back to tapping trees with you Cliffy!