Obama: Keystone XL Won't Create Jobs, Will Raise Gas Prices

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Obama clearly wants to dictate internal Canadian energy policy. That is a thumb in the eye of all Canadians. I wonder what the Canadian leftists think about the American president trying to override Canadian sovereignty?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Breitbart ....

Instant incredibility.

Did you read the link slim? It referenced this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/u...ith-president-obama.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Question to mods/admin = why aren't all these Obama hating threads merged into one????

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
WOrks for me. I would rather build Northern Gateway anyway. Yankees can pay through the nose for unstable supply from the muddle east while we can sell to the highest bidder for our oil. Prosperity for all.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
"you look upset"

Guess again. Your heroes in Breitbart wrote about the economy "crashing". Nowhere in the NY Times is it indicated that this is happening or if Obama is causing this myth to happen.

Try again.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What a flip flopping idiot this mope is. Couple weeks ago I heard him endorsing XL.

"you look upset"

Guess again. Your heroes in Breitbart wrote about the economy "crashing". Nowhere in the NY Times is it indicated that this is happening or if Obama is causing this myth to happen.

Try again.

Yeah your economy is just rocking. Especially in Detroit.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I am happy he is not happy I wanted that stopped from the start.
Canadian oil will be shipped south to be refined or stored in another country
and we don't benefit from the job market ourselves.
And the oil going south is not for American domestic use it will be primarily for
export. If it is exported and we are short of fuel the price goes up.
In addition if we supply the increasing demand for oil in Asia the price will really
go up.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What a bunch of divide and conquer BS. Obama is just a mouth piece for the ruling elite. His opinions are fed to him by his puppet masters, just like every president before him. These statement are designed to pit various groups against each other, have them at each others throats. In the end, the ruling elite will do whatever the hell they please and your opinion is worth squat. Meanwhile important issues that adversely afect your life are slid under the table without a peep from those who too busy getting themselves all in a lather over crap they really have no influence in.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Obama clearly wants to dictate internal Canadian energy policy. That is a thumb in the eye of all Canadians. I wonder what the Canadian leftists think about the American president trying to override Canadian sovereignty?
Wait, what? How is not allowing a Candian company to build a pipeline in the United States an issue of Canadian sovereignty?

THIS should be good. . .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Ouch.

Republicans must be extra salty now, especially after declining Obamer's offer to cut corporate taxes.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Do you think Enbridge will bend to Obama's pipeline piracy of wanting more than 1 in 10 bbls to be Bakken oil? If Enbridge doesn't US companies will have to build their own and how will that look for Ohbummer?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Do you think Enbridge will bend to Obama's pipeline piracy of wanting more than 1 in 10 bbls to be Bakken oil? If Enbridge doesn't US companies will have to build their own and how will that look for Ohbummer?

Frankly, petros.........I don't think he gives a damn. He's a lame duck Pres now........still tryin' to push his hope and change agenda. His speech that centered on climate change was yet another attempt to push it. I can't see the Republicans sitting idly by as they lose the chance to get the line...............but I could be wrong.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's all about egg on the face at this point. It has never and never will be about environment. That card was played out ages ago and now Obama is forced to back peddle. it's all about who gets dibs on the content capacity of the line. No matter what, an American line will have to go in sooner or later.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Highest corporate profits in USA since the year 1900 just in case you forgot.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid Gopher, corporate profits won't help the people out of work all over the United States.

Sad thing is, you sound like a hard line Republican.

Left? Right? The zealots on both sides don't give a tinkers damn as long as their Rock Star is in power.