Americans Support the Keystone XL Pipeline by Wide Margin

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
While the Obama administration mulls whether to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, Americans are already decided. They support the project by a wide margin, prioritizing potential economic benefits over possible environmental consequences.

The latest United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll finds that more than two-thirds of respondents, 67 percent, support building the pipeline to carry Canadian oil to refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast; that includes 56 percent of Democrats. Less than a quarter of Americans, 24 percent, oppose the project, the poll shows.

more

Americans Support the Keystone XL Pipeline by Wide Margin - NationalJournal.com

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Unlike in BC where we have an overabundance of idle rich and freeloaders that don't want any economic activity. While Americans can be incredably dumb about many things they do understand business. The more suppliers the lower the price. ANd since our theft at the pumps gas prices are based on US prices what is good for them is good for us. As well as providing thousands of good paying jobs.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Taxslave, not so I am not someone who doesn't like to work and I am not part
of the idle rich and i am not in favour of this pipeline, I am not in favour of the
Enbridge pipeline but I do favour the Kinder Morgan line although I don't like
us sending oil to a nation in Asia that is our potential future enemy.
XL is of no value to us. XL should send finished product only and keep the jobs
for Canadians.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Taxslave is not off at all.

Canada has only one foreign customer at this point, and with the increase in US drilling licenses from the current Eco-POTUS (ironic, eh?) the demand for Canadian crude will affect the industry as a second-class supplier

of the idle rich and i am not in favour of this pipeline, I am not in favour of the
for Canadians.

Are you really under the impression that there is any real difference between those 2 companies?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Good..........now if they can just get the Bamster off his behind to approve it.

Bumster is demanding more than just 1bbl out of 10 be picked up from the Bakken in ND/MT. They don't want to have to build their own line because of the "green" image and Obama is heavily backed by New England (frakked) natural gas giants.

for Canadians.
Jobs? Our refineries are no where near running at capacity. We'll need that capacity for our use in Western Canada from the massive boom XL and Northern Gateway will set off in SK and AB and BC.

Yes BC. BC residents will have real jobs beside restaurants where people panhandle for tips from AB and SK tourists who have money.

BC is going to finally get in on the action and export it's BC Prairie nat gas. I don't hear anybody bitching and the LNG sea ports and the pipelines needed to feed them BC natural gas. An NG pipeline bursting in mountain valley is far far far worse than a crude spill.

Yes, BC has prairie, who knew eh?