The Bigoted NAACP

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
They are a Political org that can deny entry to who they wish.
But by excluding Black Conservatives who differ with their aims they in the end lose.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes black people can be conservative they just are not accepted by the NAACP
That is not bigoted its a case of where the Liberals don't want Conservatives in
attending their meeting.
If you were holding a meeting and those who are not on your side wanted a place
at the table you would likely say no as well.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Bigoted might not be the correct way to describe the NAACP or Black America.

Double standard, would be better I think.. in the USA you not allowed to have a White only golf course, or a white only association or organization, such as the NAACP.

However, it's O.K. to have Miss Black America, Black Business Bureau, Black only Colleges and Black Entertainment TV (BET)

Yes we all miss the good old days when it was whites only ...............

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You've been repeating that mantra for some time now... Does this mean that you aren't interested in discussing the (apparently conflicting) actions of this group?
I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone who is willing to do so in a reasonable fashion, which you sometimes are.

You tell me. Do you think Walter, given his repeatedly demonstrated attitudes, started this thread for the purpose of initiating a reasoned discussion of the NAACP and the challenges it faces in determining and applying its policies?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone who is willing to do so in a reasonable fashion, which you sometimes are.

You tell me. Do you think Walter, given his repeatedly demonstrated attitudes, started this thread for the purpose of initiating a reasoned discussion of the NAACP and the challenges it faces in determining and applying its policies?

I'm happy to discuss, understanding that all I can offer is an opinion.

As far as the why's in terms of the OP; it's a mugs game to speculate.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
OK, here's the summary of the story in the OP.

The author and her husband attempted to rent booth space at the NAACP convention. The NAACP declined to rent them that space. One possible reason is that the author is repeatedly and vocally critical of the NAACP.

So, you tell me. Does the "blacklisting" of a single conservative black author constitute discrimination against black conservatives generally? Can there be justification for an organisation to refuse to rent booth space at its convention to a person who has made a career of attacking that organisation?

If the Republican Party refuses to allow Noam Chomsky (a famous leftist and anti-Republican writer) to speak at its convention, is it being discriminatory?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
As a minority group the Black people in America are angry. They have every right to be. They have been lied to, tricked and deceived many times by politicians. My only hope right now is that as a group they choose to display this anger in a very constructive way. Destructive paths just breed more contempt. The recent trial in Sanford, FL., has been identified as the cause of the recent out burst of unhappiness. In this case I see (regardless of who was killed) a case that was poorly prepared and a situation where many who were not identified had tampered with the evidence. I would not have wanted to be a Juror in this case. I do commend the Judge who managed the courtroom in a firm but accurate way.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As a minority group the Black people in America are angry. They have every right to be. They have been lied to, tricked and deceived many times by politicians.
How, exactly? As near as I can tell, they have full legal equality. What more have politicians promised them and failed to deliver?

My only hope right now is that as a group they choose to display this anger in a very constructive way. Destructive paths just breed more contempt.
I reject the notion that black Americans do anything "as a group," but what "constructive" things do you suggest they do?

The recent trial in Sanford, FL., has been identified as the cause of the recent out burst of unhappiness. In this case I see (regardless of who was killed) a case that was poorly prepared and a situation where many who were not identified had tampered with the evidence. I would not have wanted to be a Juror in this case. I do commend the Judge who managed the courtroom in a firm but accurate way.
Of course, saying that the killing of a black youth by a white man (assuming he was "white") somehow represents all of society, or all whites, is as absurd as saying that the killing of a white person by a black person represents all black people.