If You Hate Ladies & Are Scared of Muslims, You'll Love North Carolina

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I read this article and immediately thought of you.

When I first read about brave Christians in the Tarheel legislature sneaking a de facto abortion ban into a law that was designed to make sure America never turns into a theocracy that forces an oppressive religious doctrine onto the masses (and by "an oppressive religious doctrine," I of course mean an oppressive religious doctrine that originates from one of the scary browner countries, not the oppressive religious doctrine that's centered around a sexy blonde Jesus), I thought it had to be a joke. It's not! Here's how the North Carolina Uterine Surprise went down, according to the News & Observer,

The proposed abortion restrictions were brought up in a Senate committee meeting at 5:30 p.m. The committee was scheduled to discuss a bill disallowing the use of Islamic law in family matters such as divorce, child custody and alimony. The abortion legislation was attached to that bill.

A few hours later, Senate Republicans voted to waive their rules to allow a floor vote. Lobbyists that supported the bill, including representatives from N.C. Values Coalition, the N.C. Family Policy Council and N.C. Right to Life, were at the committee meeting. Lobbyists opposed to the bill were not told it was being debated.

Tricksy zealots, adding a serious anti-abortion law to a silly anti-Islam law. If you're a woman, the North Carolina state legislature hates you. If you're a Muslim, the North Carolina state legislature is afraid of you. And if you're a Muslim woman — hoo boy. Watch the **** out — your teeming-with-mystery faith and genitalia need to have the **** legislated out of them.

If You Hate Ladies & Are Scared of Muslims, You'll Love North Carolina

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't understand how people put up with the way the US passes bills, etc. The fact that are never voting on one thing is insane. They are always tacking odd unrelated **** onto stuff. It just seems like a weird way to run it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't understand how people put up with the way the US passes bills, etc. The fact that are never voting on one thing is insane. They are always tacking odd unrelated **** onto stuff. It just seems like a weird way to run it.

It is maddening Karrie. It drives me crazy that so much pork is tacked on these bills.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I oppose aborton myself, but at the same time, how about legislators be honest and actually make the intent of their laws clear rather than try to sneak them through.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah....I think limits on abortion past say 22 weeks are only sensible........but this is no way to deal with the debate.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think people who spend time thinking about abortion should spend more of their energy attending to their own lives, and let other folk take care of theirs.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That's what taxpayers are for. It is unfortunate that you find yourself in that socioeconomic position, had you stayed in school longer and become a banker you would have learned how to circumvent odious expense and spending the nations taxes wouldn't bother you at all.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
often the people who are against abortion are also against birth control

and social assistance for single mums

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
In the USA a significant portion of abortions are performed solely for convenience and as a form of contraception for people who are too lazy or too stupid to use contraceptives.

Is abortion for convenience ok with you folks?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And most are white males who have no vested interest in the woman's life.

I'm more concerned with the life that is being needlessly taken. The woman's life is in no real danger the vast majority of the time.

It's only bullshyte because you can't dispute or justify it.

and I also love how the baby murdering scum try to equate pro life with hating women.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
lol and for SURE you are a woman hater as evidenced here many many times

Nope.....I only "hate" idiots.... I don't care if they SAY they are male or female.

too slow on the edit....if you're not willing to leave it out there.... then don't post it to begin with.... case in point when talking about idiots.