More faux racism

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In an Ugly Racist Fox News Rant Sarah Palin Calls President Obama Lackadaisical:

Sarah Palin welcomed herself back to Fox News today with an ugly racist rant that culminated with her breaking out Jim Crow stereotypes and calling President Obama lackadaisical. [...]

And by community organizer, Sarah Palin means black man.

The stereotype of the lackadaisical African-American goes back to slavery and Jim Crow. According to the 1937 book Class and Caste in a Southern Town, “It is a common error in judging lower class Negroes to compare them unfavorably with foreign immigrants, stressing the lackadaisical Negro work habits, and referring to the energy and zeal for advancement of a foreign peasantry.”

Author Mariann S. Regan explained that lackadaisical is part of the South’s history racist terminology used to describe African-Americans, “In the light of my family memoir Into the Briar Patch, I can see how this stereotype was born during slavery and Jim Crow. Growing up, I learned that the South’s rich vocabulary for laziness was often applied to African-Americans: shiftless, no-account, trifling, good-for-nothing, lackadaisical, half-hearted, slow as molasses. In the South, slaves labored in the fields from sunup to sundown. Yet somehow the blacks were the ones who got called lazy.”

Liberal Blog Accuses Sarah Palin Of Being A “Racist” For Calling Obama “Lackadaisical,” Claims It’s A “Jim Crow Stereotype”… | Weasel Zippers