American Fundies Don't Like Canadian Fundies

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Apparently, you're either American, or you're nothing. That is the message of the Faith Fellowship Christian School of Watertown, NY.

These "christian" souls have been pointing out to a student with dual citizenship that it's as bad to be Canadian as it is to be, well, I don't know, Black? Latino? Gay? Muslim?

A 15-year-old boy in Upstate New York alleges that two of his teachers teased him so much about being Canadian that he became depressed, prompting his mother to pull him out of school.

“They’d say things like ‘Canada’s full of communists. They club baby seals. That my opinion doesn’t really matter because I’m a Canadian,’” Noah Kilpatrick said by phone from Watertown, N.Y.

“The first couple times I thought it was joking, and then it just kept going, even after I said, ‘Hey, I’m just as American as you are, I have dual citizenship.’ They still didn’t care and they kept doing it.”

Noah was born in the Ottawa area but his family moved to the United States about nine years ago.

The Grade 10 student said he used to love attending Faith Fellowship Christian School. But last fall two of his teachers began teasing him about his “Canadian heritage,” he said

“It went on for month, after month,” said Noah’s mother, Tina Kilpatrick, who eventually asked her son to start keeping a log of what was said in the classroom about his nationality.

When fellow students eventually began to follow the teachers’ lead and join in on the bullying, Kilpatrick said she decided it was time to speak to the school’s lead pastor, Mike Bartholomew, who acts as superintendent. She told him that she believed Noah had become depressed as a result of how he was being treated.

'I tried to resolve it privately'

Kilpatrick said she later received a phone call from Bartholomew, saying he had ordered the two teachers to leave Noah alone for the rest of the school year.

But when Noah returned the next day, he felt the teachers were ignoring him.

“Now it’s the complete opposite — OK you didn’t bug him today about being Canadian but now he still feels ostracized and punished for what he did, instead of righting a wrong,” Kilpatrick said.

“I tried to resolve it privately and it didn’t happen,” she said, so she decided to pull Noah out of the school in mid-May, and then approached a local TV station about the ordeal.

CBC News contacted Faith Fellowship Christian School and was told that officials aren’t commenting on the matter.

However, a statement attributed to Bartholomew in local media reports, said: “We at Faith Fellowship Christian School have always made it our policy not to discuss the affairs of students or their families in public venues."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/06/13/canadian-teen-new-york-school-teachers.html

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The Grade 10 student said he used to love attending Faith Fellowship Christian School. But last fall two of his teachers began teasing him about his “Canadian heritage,” he said
just another warm Christian fellowship circle

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Makes one doubt Christianity is a real religion.
quite frankly, it angered me and I am glad she went to the media, really mature, a true reflection of love and tolerance, acceptance and totally Christ-like...the kid handled it really well

I hope they get barraged with comments...

behaviour like this imposed on a kid makes me unreasonably angry

they have a cool logo
Home

The teachers need to check their website:

At a time in our society when standards of morality, personal integrity, spiritual awareness and academic performance are in decline. FFCS stands ready to promote and inculcate those time tested honorable virtues of Faith in God, self- discipline, individual responsibility, personal integrity and love toward our country, into the hearts and lives of each student.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh yeah? Canadians know how to fight on skates. If I ever visited Waterhead NY, I'd be pulling jerseys over heads and laying home a few roundhouses.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh yeah? Canadians know how to fight on skates. If I ever visited Waterhead NY, I'd be pulling jerseys over heads and laying home a few roundhouses.

lol. However Watertown is Upstate NY near the Canadian border. One of the few places in the country that have a pretty good idea of how to pull jerseys over others heads on ice skates.

http://www.watertownhockey.com/page/show/552884-home

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This guy wouldn't have worried you?

In the NHL at 6'3 230 lbs... and Brockton Mass ain't no prairie son!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nah, I had the pleasure of watching my "little bro" drop Jordin Tootoo with one shot at the North 40 in Brandon MB. The bar went silent after that. He can take on pretty much anybody.