Recall effort against Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio fails

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
TUCSON -- Despite a recent court ruling that the department run by Maricopa County’s top cop used racial profiling in his quest to crack down on illegal immigration, a recall effort against Sheriff Joe Arpaio has failed.

On Thursday, members of Respect Arizona and Citizens for a Better Arizona -- who launched the recall effort against Arpaio -- failed to gather the necessary 335,000 valid voter signatures by the 5 p.m. deadline. The aim was to force a recall election.

Activists behind the recall effort would not say how many signatures they were short. Randy Parraz, president of Citizens for Better Arizona, only said the two groups had collected close to 300,000 signatures.

Arpaio, reelected in November, blasted the group in a prepared statement.

more win

Recall effort against Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio fails - latimes.com

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I remember when Arpaio was simply amusing, now he is an attention *****, who gets more and more outlandish every day. Then so do the people in Arizona who keep voting for him.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I remember when Arpaio was simply amusing, now he is an attention *****, who gets more and more outlandish every day. Then so do the people in Arizona who keep voting for him.

He's getting pretty long in the tooth, possible getting a little senile!

He'll be 81 in a couple of weeks.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Come on.. the majority of folks in Arizona are old white people.. they are stuck in their ways and have more important things to do... like golfing, sun tanning, playing cribbage ... and did I mention golfing.

They see their communities changing from white to brown and they are in a panic..

Hell, I remember the face on my grandmother (born year 1900) when I showed up at home with my new first wife.. who was Hispanic.. lol

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Arizona was fully brown before it "became" white

eventually it will be largely brown again

Great idea! Send Arizona back to the capable hands of the Spanish who have totally run Mexico for well over 200 years. The brown people are Indians that intermixed with a very few of the Spanish, they have next to zero input regarding the running of the country. Check out the large industries in Mexico and then tell me how great the brown people are doing.
Then enlist the Spanish to bring the drug dealers into Arizona officially, wow! That would work great. I can't believe the stupid excuses that progressives use.........

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Great idea! Send Arizona back to the capable hands of the Spanish who have totally run Mexico for well over 200 years. The brown people are Indians that intermixed with a very few of the Spanish, they have next to zero input regarding the running of the country. Check out the large industries in Mexico and then tell me how great the brown people are doing.
Then enlist the Spanish to bring the drug dealers into Arizona officially, wow! That would work great. I can't believe the stupid excuses that progressives use.........

What a stupid answer that is.

The fact remains whether you like it or not, that the Hispanic population is growing. In fact we had a previous thread a long while ago about how it is estimated that Latinos will be the majority in this country by the end of the century. They already are the majority in California. That may hurt your little bitty weewy feelings but if it does, then it's too fücken bad.

Society is changing its skin tone whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
What a stupid answer that is.

The fact remains whether you like it or not, that the Hispanic population is growing. In fact we had a previous thread a long while ago about how it is estimated that Latinos will be the majority in this country by the end of the century. They already are the majority in California. That may hurt your little bitty weewy feelings but if it does, then it's too fücken bad.

Society is changing its skin tone whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Mighty dumb to try and lay that on me when you are losing your unstable position:lol:
It hurts my feelings that illegal aliens are going to be running things, what it does to you i dunno. Skin color means **** all, just like you do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think its sad, the banner of ignorance flies high and the ignorant in the peanut
gallery cheer him on. This isn't about crime or punishment its about promoting
an ego and an image at everyone's expense. I wonder if the Hispanics once they
gain access to power and the courts, decide to round up all those crooked rich
people living in gated communities, and putting them through a version of private
hell. But then again, those(Brown) people are not that ignorant.
Is it not sad that we even have to have this discussion about the sheriff and his
crimes and the all the trappings surrounding this situation. They could always hire
Rob Ford for Governor

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think its sad, the banner of ignorance flies high and the ignorant in the peanut
gallery cheer him on. This isn't about crime or punishment its about promoting
an ego and an image at everyone's expense. I wonder if the Hispanics once they
gain access to power and the courts, decide to round up all those crooked rich
people living in gated communities, and putting them through a version of private
hell. But then again, those(Brown) people are not that ignorant.
Is it not sad that we even have to have this discussion about the sheriff and his
crimes and the all the trappings surrounding this situation. They could always hire
Rob Ford for Governor

I think old Joe at age 81 is probably winding down to retirement...............probably in 10 years or less!