Minnesota Doing it Right

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I'm surprised you would have to ask that? Look at the ad and think about what you see .............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not American so the flag looks fine to me.8O

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well 52 views and no one has picked up on it.

Minnesota is the only State that requires Made in Murica Flags. They will not allow foreign made, (allthough initially cheaper) flags to be sold in the State........

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Minnesota is the only State that requires Made in Murica Flags. They will not allow foreign made, (allthough initially cheaper) flags to be sold in the State........

wow, very nice and thanks for the info tay

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Thanks for the info and I still love the Vikings ( and of course the Packers ....but that is a different state )

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Surely the Op didn't just see this on reddit and considered it 'new' as many of those folk seemed to.

Dat law has been around for almost ahhunnerd. Old story is old. Dern-tootin'.

A bedder example from when the Chinese-made flags were $4.99:

Why? Cuz **** MINNESOTA, THAT'S WHY. - Imgur

Can't really see one outlasting the other by a country mile in the elements eh.

Anyway, the only good thing to come out of Minnesoda was The Body. You betcha. ;-)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Stupid law.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Reminds me of a Harley rider a few years ago bragging about his "American-made" bike. I got really nasty looks and a whole pile of invectives tossed in my direction when I pointed out the forks were made in Japan, the lights in China, the tires in Italy, etc.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Reminds me of a Harley rider a few years ago bragging about his "American-made" bike. I got really nasty looks and a whole pile of invectives tossed in my direction when I pointed out the forks were made in Japan, the lights in China, the tires in Italy, etc.

Yer a brave man, LG.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
was your body cast made in America?:p

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Tay,

But they do allow American flag bandanas made in China to be sold here.

^ wants to run for the presidency with Howard Stern as VP candidate

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
How would one know from the add that they are not made in USA?

Description
An enduring symbol of our nation's freedom and the sacrifice made to achieve it, this 3 ft. x 5 ft. American flag features traditional styling with embroidered stars and stripes using high grade Oxford weave 300 denier polyester for weather resistance. Two metal grommets allow for attachment to any flagpole. Fly the flag proudly!

• Made of high grade, weather resistant material
  • 50 embroidered stars
  • Two metal grommets for flagpole attachment
Not available in Minnesota.

3 Ft. x 5 Ft. American Flag with Embroidered Stars

The company is famous for it's Chinese imports.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The company is famous for it's Chinese imports.

I have to be honest, I was in the exact same place as Taxslave on the "what's the point" of the ad thing.

So the company may be famous for it's Chinese imports but it's not Justin Bieber famous or anything. My point being that while I don't follow the Beebs or pop music at all (ever, I never have a radio on) at least I've heard of him. Lol.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I only 'know' that because I looked it up. I'd never heard of them before this thread. But that's what they say, 'famous'. :lol: