Obama's Legacy

Will Obama's legacy be positive or negative?

• Positive

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Now that we're well over half of the way through the Bamster's Presidency, let's list what he will be remembered for. I'll Start.

1) Poor employment numbers.

2) First "black" president.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The demise of Osama Bin Laden!

The first president with African blood.

Now that we're well over half of the way through the Bamster's Presidency, let's list what he will be remembered for. I'll Start.

1) Poor employment numbers.

2) First "black" president.

And the 44th "white" president!

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
Ending the Bush dynasty.... unless .... no, no, it's too awful to contemplate!

What's a legacy, anyway? Historical record, the long-term consequences of his actions, or his reputation, as promulgated by media pundits, upon leaving office?

The people who yell loudest about the debt, for example, are the very same people who ran up the bills, skimmed off the profit and demanded to be bailed out. The people who blame unemployment on the federal administration are themselves, or enablers of, the same people who have been steadily exporting industry for 30 years and cutting public service jobs. The people who complain most about taxes are those who don't pay any taxes. The people who are most against investment of public money in public works are the same ones who profit from government contracts. The people who rail against the shiftless poor are the very ones who cause poverty.
This is a standard rightist strategy: 1. steal all you can 2. when the economy is about to collapse, let a lefty win the election 3. prevent reform; make as difficult as possible for him to repair the damage 4. if some of the damage is repaired in spite of your most vigorous obstruction, take back the office, resume stealing.

Actually, Obama's legacy may not be worth mentioning in the face of the global cataclysm that's coming.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Actually, Obama's legacy may not be worth mentioning in the face of the global cataclysm that's coming.

The dynasty in question is a bank dynasty and as such does not pass when bank employees are elevated to president. Like you say Obama will be remembered for deceit, murder, corruption and as the last of a long line of fraudulently elected liars. He's a goddamn war criminal, they all were, it's impossible to run an empire without being guilty. There's an even chance that he will be remembered most as the first president hanged by the US citizens.

Walter I find it near impossible to answer your pool without you indicate from what perspective you are expecting replies.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Bull ****..

Is Barak Hussein Obama Really The First Black President Of The U.S.? | Hip-Hop Wired

Obama's Legacy DEBT!!!

Under President Bush in 8 years, we added $4.9 trillion to the debt, in half that time Obama suck the USA into debt $5.3 trillion.

He still has 4 more years to finish and a joke of a new Health Care System that should add a few more trillion to the debt.

That's why the wealthy internationalists love and admire the great man.

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
darkbeaver:
Like you say Obama will be remembered for deceit, murder, corruption and as the last of a long line of fraudulently elected liars.
I didn't actually say that. I only said this particular president won't have done enough to seem significant in comparison with the effects of climate change. He didn't corrupt the office or the empire, but he had neither the resolve nor the support to reform it. He didn't start the bogus wars or institute the unconstitutional spy agencies, but he didn't close them down or stop them, either. Whatever of his domestic policies were able to pass, and actually work, the results don't show up: if you keep adding small pluses to a huge minus, the sum is negative for a long, long time.... especially given the current standard of state governments.

The mess is far older than anyone in charge today - and i'm not sure anyone is in charge today. It's sure a lot bigger than Obama and far beyond his power.

BOOMer:
Under President Bush in 8 years, we added $4.9 trillion to the debt, in half that time Obama suck the USA into debt $5.3 trillion.
Those numbers look daunting. Can you specify who borrowed how much from whom, when, on what terms; how much of the debt is actually part of the US economy and how much of it is held by foreign interests, and how much of it is accumulated compound interest on previously existing debt?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
darkbeaver: I didn't actually say that. I only said this particular president won't have done enough to seem significant in comparison with the effects of climate change.

Climate Change? Is that the coming cataclysm you were speaking of in your previous post?

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
Ay-yup. And, ironically, the only thing can mitigate* the worst of its effects is the collapse of the current economic system: the later** that happens, the bigger the catastrophe.

* Nothing can stop or reverse it.
** The only question is when, not if. It's an unsustainable system.