Zero Tolerance Activist Arrested in Alcohol Board Office

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
“Most of those sleeping at the protest camp are women and children,” McKenzie said shortly after his release. “We are all working to draw attention to the devastation caused to the Lakota people by the sale of alcohol in Whiteclay.”

Whiteclay has a population of 14, yet 4 liquor stores in the town sell 12,500 cans of beer each day. It has been documented that the stores sell to bootleggers, intoxicated people, and minors, as well as routinely trade beer for sexual favors. The tiny, unincorporated town lies less than 300 feet from the border of the Pine Ridge Reservation, where the sale and consumption of alcohol is prohibited.

more

TR McKenzie of DGR Great Plains Arrested | Deep Green Resistance

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Abolition never works

I gave you a greenie by mistake. Anyway, I'd practiced abolition for years, and never got drunk since and saved money and will save the taxpayer money on healthcare costs in future. And what's the thanks that I get for all of this? :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I gave you a greenie by mistake.

OMG NO!!!! What should we do?

IAnyway, I'd practiced abolition for years, and never got drunk since and saved money and will save the taxpayer money on healthcare costs in future.

Probably not. There is no evidence that abstinence (not abolishment) saves money on healthcare costs. In fact, the science indicates moderate alcohol consumption is good for you. You have chosen to lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Fortunately for you, taxpaying drinkers will help pay the cost of your foolish ways.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I gave you a greenie by mistake. Anyway, I'd practiced abolition for years, and never got drunk since and saved money and will save the taxpayer money on healthcare costs in future. And what's the thanks that I get for all of this? :)

Ok you have my full thanks!

'Resistance' to alcohol is developed over centuries, and total abstinance is the best solution if the alturnative is decimating our native culturse. When I was a child, Saskatchewan nort
h of the 54 parallel was still a 'liquor by permit only' area - and it worked. Much happier communities than after the floodgates opened.