Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Just call Sen Cruz the HAMMER!!

Can't Touch This!!

MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This - YouTube

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Libs Petition Harvard To Rescind Ted Cruz’s Law Degree…

He lives in their heads… rent free.

Via NRO:
A new MoveOn.org petition to rescind Ted Cruz’s Harvard degree has emerged after the Texas senator’s 21-hour speech because he “has proven that he is not Harvard material.”

Addressed to Harvard president Drew Faust, the petition argues that Cruz’s efforts are a waste of taxpayer money and make a mockery of the university, as well as the Senate. The petition asks that, along with rescinding Cruz’s diploma, the university make a statement saying that his time at Harvard had no effect on him or his views.

The petition currently stands at 30 signatures with some appearing to be done in jest by Cruz supporters.

Keep reading…

They mad.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I'm surprised that even Cruz's Republican friends don't have the balls of a man to defund ObamaCare.

The USA is going to be turned into British Columbia... Unionized Part time works needing to hold down 2 jobs to make a living and pay for their own over priced health care..

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Media Whoar Chuck Schumer “Appalled” Ted Cruz Read “Green Eggs And Ham”…

He was so appalled that he had to run to the nearest news cameras and tell them all about it.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said he couldn’t believe his ears when Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) read the Dr. Seuss classic Green Eggs and Ham aloud during his 21-hour talk-a-thon that kicked off Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor.

Cruz said the children’s book is one of his favorites, and he read it in its entirety as part of his effort to delay action on a bill to defund Obamacare. Cruz supports defunding Obamacare, but was trying to drag out debate to prevent Democrats from killing the bill.

But Schumer said Cruz completely missed the point of the story.

“I was appalled,” the New York senator told reporters Wednesday.Green Eggs and Ham has a moral: Don’t criticize something, don’t reject something, until you actually try it. Sam said he didn’t like green eggs and ham for a long time. And then when he finally tried it, he liked it.”

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/09/25/...er-appalled-ted-cruz-read-green-eggs-and-ham/

>appalled

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
This is an odd choice of a book for Senator Cruz to read in that its message actually supports the position of the Democrats that the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare) should be allowed to go into effect as scheduled.

I do not like them
in a house.
I do not like them
with a mouse.
I do not like them
here or there.
I do not like them
anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Then the narrator, after much urging by Sam-I-Am, eats the green eggs and ham to prove Sam-I-Am wrong. However, much to the narrator's surprise, he actually likes Green Eggs and Ham.

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

The narrator then goes on to actually thank Sam-I-Am for encouraging him to try the Green Eggs and Ham.

I do so like
green eggs and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am​

Senator Cruz-Obamacare is like Green Eggs and Ham. Like the narrator in the story, some people have come to the conclusion (after hearing a lot of right wing propaganda) that they won't like Obamacare even though they have never tried it. A lot of their opposition is based on their fear of trying something different from what they are used to. However, like the narrator in the story, once the American people try Obamacare, I think that they will like it. And like the narrator in the story who thanks Sam-I-Am for forcing him to try the green eggs and ham, I think that the American People will ultimately thank President Obama and the Democrats for Obamacare.

Dr. Suess Green Eggs and Ham. What are ALL the words? - Yahoo! Answers

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Canadians don’t understand Ted Cruz’s health-care battle

When you’re being forced to endure another rabid Sen. Ted Cruz on Obamacare’s threat to human freedom, it’s easy to forget how absurd our health-care debate seems to the rest of the civilized world. That’s why it’s bracing to check in with red-blooded, high testosterone capitalists north of the border in Canada — business leaders who love Canada’s single-payer system (a regime far to the “left” of Obamacare) and see it as perfectly consistent with free market capitalism.

Take David Beatty, a 70-year-old Toronto native who ran food processing giant Weston Foods and a holding company called the Gardiner Group during a career that has included service on more than 30 corporate boards and a recent appointment to the Order of Canada, one of the nation’s highest honors. By temperament and demeanor, Beatty is the kind of tough-minded, suffer-no-fools wealth creator who conservatives typically cheer.

Yet over breakfast in Toronto not long ago, Beatty told me how baffled he and Canadian business colleagues are when they listen to the U.S. health-care debate. He cherishes Canada’s single-payer system for its quality and cost-effectiveness (Canada boasts much lower costs per person than the United States). And don’t get him started on the system’s administrative simplicity — you just show your card at the point of service, and that’s it. Though he’s a well-to-do man who can pay for whatever care he wants, Beatty told me he’s relied on the system just as ordinary Canadians do, including for a recent knee replacement operation.

The one time he went outside the system was to pay extra for a physical therapist closer to his home than the one to which he’d been assigned.

It’s just “common sense” in Beatty’s view that government takes the lead in assuring basic health security for its citizens. He’s amazed at the contortions of the debate in the United States, and wonders why big U.S. companies “want to be in the business of providing health care anyway” (“that’s a government function,” he says simply). Beatty also marvels at the way the U.S. regime’s dysfunction comes to dominate everyday conversation. He shakes his head recalling how much time and passion American friends devoted one evening to comparing notes on their various supplemental Medicare plans. Talk about your sparkling dinner conversation.

Roger Martin, another Toronto native and avowed capitalist, spent years as a senior partner at the consulting firm Monitor before becoming dean of the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto, where he recently completed a 15-year stint. He advises U.S. corporate icons like Proctor & Gamble and Steelcase. He lived in the United States for years and has experienced both systems first hand.

Martin told me that Canada’s lower spending, better outcomes and universal coverage make it superior by definition. Plus, it’s “incredibly hassle-free.” In the United States every time he took his kids in for an earache his wife spent hours fighting with the health plan or filling out reams of paperwork. In Canada, he says, “the entire administrative cost is pulling your card out of your pocket, giving it to them and putting it back.”

There’s more. Canadian divisions of multinational firms love Canada’s system because when they bid on projects they have no health costs to load in. Also, there’s no crazy “job lock” as with the employer-based system in the United States — where people with (say) a sick child cling to their job for fear of being pronounced uninsurable. His peers, he says, view the U.S. debate as “ideological and not based on economics.”

“The whole single payer thing just makes sense,” Martin adds. “You don’t spend time trying to shift costs.” It’s hardly perfect: a few folks go to the United States to jump the line on certain elective procedures, and Canada, like others, free rides on American’s investment in pharmaceutical innovation (funded by higher U.S. drug prices). But, he adds, “I literally have a hard time thinking of what would be better than a single-payer system.”

The moral of the story? Don’t let the rants of cynical demagogues like Cruz confuse you — it is entirely possible to be a freedom loving capitalist and also believe in a strong government role in health care. Remember, Obamacare features a much smaller such role than does Canada’s approach — or England’s, where Margaret Thatcher would have been chased from office for proposing anything as radically conservative as the Affordable Care Act.

more

Matt Miller: Canadians don’t understand Ted Cruz’s health-care battle - The Washington Post

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ted Cruz might want to choose his anti-Obamacare anecdotes a little more carefully.............

Student Cited By Ted Cruz As Proof Of Obama's Failure Is Actually Grateful For Obamacare

Sen. Ted Cruz is outraged—outraged—about the negative impact Obamacare is having on the lives of people like John Connelly.
Connelly is a Rutgers University student burdened by too much debt and without a permanent job lined up when he graduates
this winter.

Which apparently somehow has something to do with the Affordable Care Act, Cruz was suggesting. O, the horror of what
Obamacare is doing to this young man. Except:

And in an appearance on MSNBC Friday morning, Connelly explained just how ironic it was that the senator would use his story to
bludgeon the president and the Affordable Care Act.

"A friend of mine called me the next morning as I was on the way to an optometrist appointment .... [and said], 'While Ted Cruz was
talking about why the ACA's bad, he mentioned your name.' And I said, 'Well, that's funny. I'm heading to an appointment I can only
go to because of Obamacare.'"

Student Cited By Ted Cruz As Proof Of Obama's Failure Is Actually Grateful For Obamacare

In addition to the ways Obamacare has actually improved John Connelly's life, student loans and high college tuition are a
mong the key problems he faces—and wouldn't you know that back in March, Cruz sponsored an amendment that would not
only have repealed the health care parts of the Affordable Care Act, but also the student loan and Pell Grant reforms that were
attached to it.

Cruz's amendment would have;

cut Pell Grants, raised federal student loan payments, and cut funding for community colleges and historically black colleges.

Clearly Cruz is just up to his eyeballs in concern for people like Connelly.

Senate Republicans Unanimously Support Repeal of Student Loan Reform Law | ThinkProgress