Robert Redford’s Terrorist Heroes

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“ALL OF IT,” said Robert Redford, when asked if he supported the bombings by The Weather Underground.

Redford came out for terrorism on a mainstream morning television show in an interview with democrat-operative-leftist-hack George Stephanopoulos, who was slobbering over Redford’s pro-terrorist movie, The Company You Keep. I drew my illustration of Redford, below, days ago, and I wonder if he’s for the terrorist attack in Boston today. Or maybe he wants to wait and see if it’s leftist terrorists before he decides he’s all for it. Below is a list of what Robert Redford was for, via Sean Hannity on FOX News.

The Weather Underground’s history of terrorism consisted of:

1970: SFPD Bombing (1 Killed)

1970: NYPD Bombing (7 Hurt)

1970: NYC Explosion (3 Killed)

1971-72: Capital & Pentagon Attacked

1981: Armed Robbery (3 Killed)

more

Robert Redford’s Terrorist Heroes | FrontPage Magazine

Alec doesn't seem so whacky now. :lol:

h/t sda

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What is this WW2 era propaganda?

The Weatherman (with their allies, the Black Liberation Army) attacked a Brinks armoured car on Oct. 20, 1981. The two guards were exiting the customer location when they were confronted by a number of men who opened fire without warning with shotguns and automatic weapons. One, Peter Paige, was killed instantly, while the other (Joe Trombino) was severely wounded, with an arm almost torn off. The thieves escaped with 1.6 million dollars. They later killed two police officers at a road block, but were captured.

So, according to Redford, it was fine for these scum to attack a murder guys just doing a job for very little money..........in support of revolution against the freest nation on earth.

Redford is brain-dead. As are most artists on political subjects. By definition, they are not dealing with reality.

BTW, Joe Trombino recovered, and returned to the job. He died delivering cash to the WTC in NYC on Sept. 11, 2001. He was 68, and still working for Brinks.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The Weatherman (with their allies, the Black Liberation Army) attacked a Brinks armoured car on Oct. 20, 1981. The two guards were exiting the customer location when they were confronted by a number of men who opened fire without warning with shotguns and automatic weapons. One, Peter Paige, was killed instantly, while the other (Joe Trombino) was severely wounded, with an arm almost torn off. The thieves escaped with 1.6 million dollars. They later killed two police officers at a road block, but were captured.

So, according to Redford, it was fine for these scum to attack a murder guys just doing a job for very little money..........in support of revolution against the freest nation on earth.

Freest? Free for some. The BLA was not born out of Hip Hop. While I don't condone the actions of using violence to further a cause, let's not candy coat it. The United States has been a nation with a history of significant bigotry.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
But they weren't Muslims.

No they weren't.

They were followers of Marx, the prophet of the religion of Communism, another cult that calls for war and murder of unbelievers.

Freest? Free for some. The BLA was not born out of Hip Hop. While I don't condone the actions of using violence to further a cause, let's not candy coat it. The United States has been a nation with a history of significant bigotry.

No doubt about that.

And there are times that call for armed struggle.

But the USA was healing after a century of bigotry, and centuries of slave-holding before that. By 1981, any just cause for revolutionary action had disappeared from the landscape.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Somalia the freest nation on earth yes it is they have decentralized anarchy but
that does not make it free. It ranks as supreme chaos.
We must be cautious here the events in history are cloaked in what some called
terrorists when they could have been someones freedom fighters or blatant
criminals.
We cannot see the actions of decades ago and apply modern definitions to them.
For example the IRA which IRA are you talking about? The Provisional Wing were
not fighting for the same objectives as the Regulars. Actually there was more than
one war going on.
The Provisional Wing was fighting sectarian violent battles
The Regulars were fighting a civil war of liberation to unify the whole of Ireland
which is still under occupation.
There were also radical factions that were just a criminal element.
Then of course the other group that supported the status quo, the Orange Men.
If you look at that who were terrorists and who were freedom fighters?
Both sides had people up to no good.
Personal judgement I had no sympathy for the Provisional Wing of the IRA but I had
Some for the Regulars. Does that make me a terrorist? No it says I had a particular
side in a civil war but I did not participate in any manner I merely had a preference.
Same goes for Redford just because he expressed a sympathy for one side or the
other does not make him a terrorist.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Somalia the freest nation on earth yes it is they have decentralized anarchy but
that does not make it free. It ranks as supreme chaos.
Of course it's free. You're pretty much free to do as you please. As is everybody else.

We must be cautious here the events in history are cloaked in what some called
terrorists when they could have been someones freedom fighters or blatant
criminals.
We cannot see the actions of decades ago and apply modern definitions to them.
For example the IRA which IRA are you talking about? The Provisional Wing were
not fighting for the same objectives as the Regulars. Actually there was more than
one war going on.
The Provisional Wing was fighting sectarian violent battles
The Regulars were fighting a civil war of liberation to unify the whole of Ireland
which is still under occupation.
There were also radical factions that were just a criminal element.
Then of course the other group that supported the status quo, the Orange Men.
If you look at that who were terrorists and who were freedom fighters?
Both sides had people up to no good.
They were a bunch of ****ing idiots. All of them.

Personal judgement I had no sympathy for the Provisional Wing of the IRA but I had
Some for the Regulars. Does that make me a terrorist?
No, it makes you a supporter of terrorism.

No it says I had a particular
side in a civil war but I did not participate in any manner I merely had a preference.
Same goes for Redford just because he expressed a sympathy for one side or the
other does not make him a terrorist.
Nope, just a supporter of terrorism.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Nonsense because I cheer for the Montreal Canadians does not make me French.
Because I cheer for the Denver Broncos of the NFL does not make me an American.
I agree they were idiots and I would not support the weather underground.
Having made that clear. Just because you have a preference as to who wins a struggle,
unless you send money or go and fight you are not a terrorist or even part of the struggle.

We agree the organization before us was as a group idiots does not involve us its merely
a personal opinion, all Redford did was give an opinion that we don't agree with its not the
end of the world.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nonsense because I cheer for the Montreal Canadians does not make me French.
What does Montreal have to do with France?

Because I cheer for the Denver Broncos of the NFL does not make me an American.
Nope, just a loser. (Sorry. Ravens fan, don'tcha know.)

I agree they were idiots and I would not support the weather underground.
Having made that clear. Just because you have a preference as to who wins a struggle,
unless you send money or go and fight you are not a terrorist or even part of the struggle.

We agree the organization before us was as a group idiots does not involve us its merely
a personal opinion, all Redford did was give an opinion that we don't agree with its not the
end of the world.
I have no problem with idiots being idiots. I do have a problem with terrorists.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
“ALL OF IT,” said Robert Redford, when asked if he supported the bombings by The Weather Underground.

Redford came out for terrorism on a mainstream morning television show in an interview with democrat-operative-leftist-hack George Stephanopoulos, who was slobbering over Redford’s pro-terrorist movie, The Company You Keep. I drew my illustration of Redford, below, days ago, and I wonder if he’s for the terrorist attack in Boston today. Or maybe he wants to wait and see if it’s leftist terrorists before he decides he’s all for it. Below is a list of what Robert Redford was for, via Sean Hannity on FOX News.
Yeah, sorry, Loc, but Redford was supporting radicalism, not the bombings. He pretty much said that violence goes along with radicalism, though. Typical Faux spin.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Stephanopolis is an all joint smoker from the "Have a joint on the US taxpayers" White House days. He is living proof that bad weed does screw with the mind. And the old addage the Nuns told us in Grammar School. "If you play with your private parts it will soon screw with your brain." He is one of those who we can see as proof of that statement. George and Barney Frank enjoy a "Special" relationship.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah, sorry, Loc, but Redford was supporting radicalism, not the bombings. He pretty much said that violence goes along with radicalism, though. Typical Faux spin.

Yeah, actually he is:

(from Good Morning America)

After Stephanopoulos wondered, "Even when you read about bombings," Redford responded, "All of it. I knew that it was extreme and I guess movements have to be extreme to some degree." [See video below. MP3 audio