Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A report by the Center for Immigration Studies (www.cis.org) reveals some startling figures about welfare use by families headed by immigrants.

“In 2010, 36 percent of immigrant-headed households used at least one major welfare program (primarily food assistance and Medicaid) compared to 23 percent of native households,” summarizes the document which was published by the Center for Immigration Studies and examines a wide variety of topics relating to immigration. Click HERE to read the full report.

more

Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare - Spokane Immigration | Examiner.com

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
You cannot rely on CIS since it is not an official government agency and its "findings" are skewed to make their anti immigration leanings to appear valid. As everyone knows illegals cannot receive welfare. Therefore, do yourself a favor and ignore these "findings".

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In addition many are employed in different parts of the country and they are migrants in many cases.
They are out of work for short periods of time until field crops ripen. This also has a different outcome
for Canada of course as we are not part of the USA.
I would be surprised to see that number that high anyway as these people by tradition do the labour jobs
Not perhaps a fair generalization but a one based on actual outcomes. They eventually move up the
social and job ladder like everyone else.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
You see here's the problem.

Obama hasn't pulled a Reagan and granted Amnesty to all illegals and start over with a new cackdown.

OK that didn't work out but just wait till Bush junior gets in office with both the Hose and Senate being republicans, then the problem will be solved forever.

No that didn't happen.

What to do about those pesky illegals???

PS: I find it amusing Locutus uses an avatar pic of Martin Mull while talking about illegals. You may want to check out that Liberals movie 'The History of White People in America'

So how did the Republicans fence work out...???

Mexican Border Fence Cost $3 Billion, Does Nothing

If idiocy were a capital crime, at least 73 percent of Congress would be facing the hangman.

That’s the percentage of legislators who supported theSecure Fence Act of 2006, which created one of the most stunning boondoggles in U.S. history.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2010-09-15%2Fidiotic-mexico-border-fence-cost-3-billion-does-nothing-dave-shiflett.html&ei=Yn3AULWiFeKU2QWvloHoDA&usg=AFQjCNHvu7Nx9gSRUzXVPRxwAUlauZBilQ&sig2=efFBr3990hnhjEGBNmYeQA

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Wait .....What?..57% Mexicans Live on Welfare...Nah!...That's an oxy-moron...Can't live on Welfare...What kinda life is that...Perhaps it would be more accurate to say...57% of Mexicans Barely Survive/Get By on Welfare...(Sorry ...Just nit pickin ...Continue....I'll leave..)

Prefer ... GreenFish66..Over.. Green Troll # 1 ..;)

( ... and Gopher ...What the hell did you do to the thread?..Forget to close a quote?...:))

L8R..

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Wait .....What?..57% Mexicans Live on Welfare...Nah!...That's an oxy-moron...Can't live on Welfare...What kinda life is that...Perhaps it would be more accurate to say...57% of Mexicans Barely Survive/Get By on Welfare...(Sorry ...Just nit pickin ...Continue....I'll leave..)

Prefer ... GreenFish66..Over.. Green Troll # 1 ..;):)

L8R..

I posted this on another thread but just to prove that all this right wing propaganda is nothing more than BS, I'll post it again:

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

There are millions of Mexicans living in the USA but only 4 million on welfare in total (all races).

Again, you may believe all of the refuted right wing lies or you may believe the truth. I leave that up to you.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hmmm?..I Dunno either..After your quote.Couple posts back....Everything Seemed to Stretch Out across the screen...?..Oh well ..No biggy ..

Anyway ..yeah ..Welfare sucks for anyone on it...Don't see how that can be blamed solely on Obama..Tough times...Post industry and all ..Eventually The U.S. will catch on to Green/Clean Tech ...It is now ...It is the future..You know..;)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
''Earlier this year, the Department of Homeland Security froze funding of the project. Maintenance costs over the next 25 years are estimated at $49 billion"

Another multi billion waste of money thanks to Republicans.

But wait ~ BLAME OBAMA!

No, no ~ BLAME GOPHER!!
is that the Northern Mexico border fence or the even bigger fence on Mexican/Guatemala southern border or both?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Part of Mexico was stolen by the Americans so the Mexicans are within their right to collect welfare as payback for the theft.

Last edited:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
That is what is commonly known as the first generation immigrant problem: first generation immigrants typically perform much worse economically than the native born population.

The second generation immigrant effect is much more interesting: second generation immigrants typically achieve much higher economic indicators than their counter parts born to families living in the nation for multiple generations.

When the second generation does as poorly as the first, then it is commonly agreed that there are integration issues.